Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone Else In the Greenwich Wetherspoons Saturday night?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite] i'm talking about their normal fans boards -

Normal Millwall fans?

Bit of an oxymoron there, surely
  • Options
    The point is they aint normal !!! thats the point . Why bother to even look at anything to do with em ? theyaint even in our division FFS.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]not millwalls tbh, only time i have a bried(1 minute) look on their site is when someone puts link on here for us to read just makes me laugh cant really take them seriously

I liken it to reading the Sun - don't take it seriously but good for when you want a laugh. Problem is, unfortunately a lot of people in the country aren't capable of separating fiction from reality - like on their boards.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]Thank you AFKA ... my thoughts exactly ... was the Manchester one a spoons?

Surely there wasnt much to perv at in the Greenwich spoons?

The odd (admitedly young) rose amongst thorns!

And yes Manchester was a spoons......early evening before heading to Royales or whatever it was called. Have very funny recollections of the cain in there. Pretty sure you spent the night "strutting" with a cheeky Sammy Davis Jr smile wooing the ladies!

That the time I think I had to quote AFKA the schoolboy outfit on. Oh I have been to a Spoons a few times but always ooop north. Do you tajke your own throne with you?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]i'm talking about their normal fans boards -

Normal Millwall fans?

You might need to translate that for all the Millwall fans reading this!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]The point is they aint normal !!! thats the point . Why bother to even look at anything to do with em ? theyaint even in our division FFS.

Local rival - each to their own - i have no interest in Arsenal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: GRAY9[/cite]

Normal Millwall fans?

Can't they look in up in a dictionary? Oh, no, I forgot.

An oxymoron is a phrase containing contradictory statement such as cold heat or dark light. Intelligent Spanner or good looking Palace fan would be other football related examples
  • Options

Normal Millwall fans?

An oxymoron is a phrase containing contradictory statement such as cold heat or dark light. Intelligent Spanner or good looking Palace fan would be other football related examples

Would an uncomfortable cardie be one too?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]

Normal Millwall fans?

Would an uncomfortable cardie be one too?

No but unfashionable Cardie would.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]London - a great place to live.

Oh, sorry. Wrong thread.

Agree, because there is never any violence in any pub or club any where else in the UK.

You're right. I'll re-phrase it ...

London - a great place to live because it's just as violent as some other places.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]

Oh, sorry. Wrong thread.

Agree, because there is never any violence in any pub or club any where else in the UK.

London - a great place to live because it's just as violent as some other places.

Yes, of course because violence in one pub means that all the good things about living in and visiting London can be disregarded.
  • Options
    Quite surprised people are shocked that Millwall fans drink in Greenwich!

It's not exactly a place that hasn't got it's own fair share of Millwall living there and is surrounded by areas with Millwall!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]The weatherspoons in greenwich is the worst pub in greenwich.[/quote]

Totally agree with that.

Awful place that I avoid like the plague.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Quite surprised people are shocked that Millwall fans drink in Greenwich!

It's not exactly a place that hasn't got it's own fair share of Millwall living there and is surrounded by areas with Millwall!

I agree. I'd be more shocked if they went for a drink in Bermondsey. Somewhere that is talked about so affectionately but wouldn't dream of living or drinking in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Quite surprised people are shocked that Millwall fans drink in Greenwich!

I agree. I'd be more shocked if they went for a drink in Bermondsey. Somewhere that is talked about so affectionately but wouldn't dream of living or drinking in.

Why wouldn't people want to live in Bermondsey? Lot of investment and regen happening. Plenty of Millwall live & drink there. As do plenty of city boys and professionals. Some cracking developments going up, bloody expensive though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]

Why wouldn't people want to live in Bermondsey? Lot of investment and regen happening. Plenty of Millwall live & drink there. As do plenty of city boys and professionals. Some cracking developments going up, bloody expensive though.

I lived in Bermondsey and loved it there. There was a Charlton pub on Bermondsey street which was good (think the landlord was Charlton as flags behind the bar but never saw many fellow addicks in there) but think it has shut down.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]

I lived in Bermondsey and loved it there. There was a Charlton pub on Bermondsey street which was good (think the landlord was Charlton as flags behind the bar but never saw many fellow addicks in there) but think it has shut down.

The Scotia Bar. Now the Woolpack.

Not CAFC anymore but still a good pub. Bit poncy though.

Ken Livingstone used to go in there....
  • Options
    Was the Scottish Pub on Bermondsey Street ?
  • Options

Good question - 90% have chosen to live in the suburbs and beyond.
  • Options
    Yes that was the place SE10/ Riscardo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yea the Scotia Bar .. was Darens a pal of Vince and Andy Lopata. He sits up in the Covered End
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]

Oh, sorry. Wrong thread.

Yes, of course because violence in one pub means that all the good things about living in and visiting London can be disregarded.

Agree, because there are no good things anywhere else in the UK.
  • Options
    Sparrow, would you agree that the bigger issue here isn't where you scum drink, but what you do when you are there ?
  • Options
    Sparrow, would you agree that the bigger issue here isn't where you scum drink, but what you do when you are there ?
  • Options
    Bexley Dan - 90% of our support live in the suburbs and beyond? When did you carry out that survey?

PL54 - I wasn't in the pub I don't who started it or why it started so I ain't gonna comment & pass judgement on what I don't know about.
  • Options
    I carried out a survey it found 99.9% of Millwall fans are knobs and the other 0.1% was a vegtable who was undecided.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]I carried out a survey it found 99.9% of Millwall fans are knobs and the other 0.1% was a vegtable who was undecided.

Surprised you had to do a survey to come to that conclusion.
  • Options
    Sparrow, would you be sensible enough to agree that the bigger issue here isn't where you scum drink, but what you do when you are there ?
  • Options
    Sparrow, would you be sensible enough to agree that the bigger issue here isn't where you scum drink, but what you do when you are there ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]Sparrow, would you be sensible enough to agree that the bigger issue here isn't where you scum drink, but what you do when you are there ?
    Come on - answer the question!