Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rob Elliot injured

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]However, I said at the start of the season and maintain that he has dropped a clanger by not getting an experienced keeper.
    Might be completely wrong but get the feeling he took the gamble on Worner, hoping Elliot could stay fit, which meant perhaps there was a little more to spend elsewhere (eg up front?)

Still like you say, there were surely a few decent but cheap older keepers out there.

I think he might well get someone before Saturday.

That's the way I read it. Having Worner on the bench meant we could afford to get in someone like Anyinsah.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
  • Options
    Gutted... after a man of the match performance too!
    Get the geezer from arsenal, he's quality
  • Options
    Not good at all just when all the players are spouting about us starting to gell.
  • Options
    Elliot injured again - is he our most injured regular keeper in history? I can't remember another charlton first choice keeper picking up so many injuries, not in recent times. I'm sure that someone will have stats somewhere to prove otherwise....

He should take leaf out of Sam Bartram's book, who played with a hot poultice on his stomach to counter the affects of food poisoning, during our FA Cup semi-final in 1947!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Could be worse. He's only out for a month and imho a GK isn't the hardest position to fill. I don't think a new guy coming in will disrupt the squad 'gelling' too much
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Scezney fron Arsenal would be a great loan, did well at Brentford last season, was on the bring of joining Yeovil on loan pre-season.[/quote]

Great shout, excellent keeper and Brentford fans seemed to really like him, he did have one absolute mare (MK Dons I think at Griffin Park) but still very young and many think he has a chance of playing in the Prem in the not to distant future. Not in the Arsenal team and sure Wenger would not mind sending him here for a month or two. Guaranteed first team football.[/quote]
    Yeah, should definitley snap him up if we can, think Wenger wants him as their number one in a few seasons to come so should hopefully want to send him out, I know an avid Brentford fan and he said he was brilliant all season long.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SaySomething[/cite]Elliot injured again - is he our most injured regular keeper in history? I can't remember another charlton first choice keeper picking up so many injuries, not in recent times. I'm sure that someone will have stats somewhere to prove otherwise....

He should take leaf out of Sam Bartram's book, who played with a hot poultice on his stomach to counter the affects of food poisoning, during our FA Cup semi-final in 1947!!!

Salmon was regulary getting injured.