Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southampton

MK Dons 2-0 Soton 87 mins gone :-)

Comments

• Options
    Just a shame Pardew won't get the blame, even though this is his team.
  • Options
    2-0 Final score.
  • Options
    Good poxy club.

I liked adkins but he has soiled himself going there shame real shame I always thought he'd get a job at a big club .

Good result got mk
  • Options
    Saints had 2 shots on target to MK Dons 3 according to BBC stats
  • Options
    All that hatred of MK Dons seems to have dissipated. Surely based on previous comments on this board there should be wailing and gnashing of teeth as franchise FC beat a real traditional club
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]All that hatred of MK Dons seems to have dissipated. Surely based on previous comments on this board there should be wailing and gnashing of teeth as franchise FC beat a real traditional club

Indeed, especially as MK Dons look like challenging us for promotion, while the Saints are in a relegation battle.
  • Options
    I'm one of the only people who have no problem with MK dons. I Love the stadium , the problem is all the fans in Milton Keynes are a London overspill and support Arsenal and Spurs . It will take Decades before they get their own identity and most importantly their own fans. As for Southampton they WILL be there or there abouts at the end of the season so any loss now can only be good.
  • Options
    Indeed, especially as MK Dons look like challenging us for promotion, while the Saints are in a relegation battle.[/quote]

Why, have we signed a keeper and a centre half this week then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]I'm one of the only people who have no problem with MK dons. I Love the stadium , the problem is all the fans in Milton Keynes are a London overspill and support Arsenal and Spurs . It will take Decades before they get their own identity and most importantly their own fans. As for Southampton they WILL be there or there abouts at the end of the season so any loss now can only be good.
    Not all of 'em. One of my former managers (nicest bloke you could ever meet) lives there and is a spanner
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]Indeed, especially as MK Dons look like challenging us for promotion, while the Saints are in a relegation battle.

Why, have we signed a keeper and a centre half this week then?[/quote]

Not yet and not sure why we would need yet another centre half.

Daft comment given we are currently only 2 points off 1st place and we have yet to play at our best.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]I'm one of the only people who have no problem with MK dons. I Love the stadium , the problem is all the fans in Milton Keynes are a London overspill and support Arsenal and Spurs . It will take Decades before they get their own identity and most importantly their own fans. As for Southampton they WILL be there or there abouts at the end of the season so any loss now can only be good.
    Not all of 'em. One of my former managers (nicest bloke you could ever meet) lives there and is a spanner

The majority are. I live not too far from there. I also know a couple of Charlton supporters from MK but unlike the Arsenal and Spurs supporters who cant get (or afford) their own clubs tickets they still have no problem getting tickets to go to The Valley . When Charlton aren't playing and MK dons are they go cos it's just down the road and there are thousands of fans just like them hence the terrible atmosphere in the stadium - most just don't think of the team as their first club.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]Indeed, especially as MK Dons look like challenging us for promotion, while the Saints are in a relegation battle.[/quote]

Why, have we signed a keeper and a centre half this week then?

Not yet and not sure why we would need yet another centre half.

Daft comment given we are currently only 2 points off 1st place and we have yet to play at our best.[/quote]

Not really 'Daft' but with only Warner (7 conceaded in 2 games) to choose from whos gonna goal??? Gritty??
    Personally think Dailly is our best Centre Half by a mile.
  • Options
    Warner was only culpable for one of those 7 goals and has already made some great saves - looks raw but has the potential to be a great keeper
  • Options
    I didnt understand the name of this thread!

Are you referring to the small, badly run Italian business called South Coast Club?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]I didnt understand the name of this thread!

Are you referring to the small, badly run Italian business called South Coast Club?

You probably need some cartoons or pictures of subbuteo players to explain it.
  • Options
    can somebody explain to me the south coast club thing? I no thats how they refer to Southampton in the sun is this because of a dispute or something?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mparsons1[/cite]can somebody explain to me the south coast club thing? I no thats how they refer to Southampton in the sun is this because of a dispute or something?

Yes. They've stopped photographer access to the club, demanding press buy images from Southampton's own agency. Met with a furious reaction, which is why the Sun refuse to use their name.
  • Options
    That ban has been lifted now.
  • Options
    Cannot understand why Adkins would want to go there! He did a brilliant job at Scunthorpe and deserved a chance to manage a bigger club not drop down a division (or maybe 2) ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]That ban has been lifted now.

lol mud sticks though

The only way "The Italian Pardew" will ever be rid of the stigma is if by some miracle they get promoted

Cant help feeling that he has caused so much unnecessary disruption its all gonna backfire big time

Thats what happens when businessmen with no knowledge of English football get involved in the game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: mparsons1[/cite]can somebody explain to me the south coast club thing? I no thats how they refer to Southampton in the sun is this because of a dispute or something?[/quote]

Basically, Southampton have banned journalists and photographers (the local paper puts in cartoons of the matches etc, hence LawrieAbrahams comment) for some unknown reason... I don't like MK Dons of Southampton much, but I just like the fact that since sacking Pardew after a 4-0 away win at Bristol they have lost all four games conceding 8 and scoring none- including a 3-0 home defeat to my home town Swindon... he he he... :)
  • Options

It's more to do with the way they were allowed to start up, nothing to do with the actual team, area or fans.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DRAddick[/cite]

It's more to do with the way they were allowed to start up, nothing to do with the actual team, area or fans.

Yeah i realise that but that's history now. whether you think it was right or wrong the old Wimbledon was dead on it's feet and something had to be done.
    I wouldn't have liked it to happen to my club but it's done and in the long run it's turned out to be a good thing.
  • Options
    Adkins said in his interview on the BBC 'Southampton are the best team in division 1'

Oh dear Nigel. Not yet mate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]Cannot understand why Adkins would want to go there! He did a brilliant job at Scunthorpe and deserved a chance to manage a bigger club not drop down a division (or maybe 2) ;-)

Would you take another job if your salary was doubled or trebled?

As to his going to the Saints, no one forced him to go and he could have waited for a club higher up the leagues, but there aren't that many clubs who have the financial resources of Southampton that he'd be eligible for - despite dropping a level this looks a good move. It's still early days in the season and this is a weak division.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]Cannot understand why Adkins would want to go there! He did a brilliant job at Scunthorpe and deserved a chance to manage a bigger club not drop down a division (or maybe 2) ;-)

Would you take another job if your salary was doubled or trebled?

As to his going to the Saints, no one forced him to go and he could have waited for a club higher up the leagues, but there aren't that many clubs who have the financial resources of Southampton that he'd be eligible for - despite dropping a level this looks a good move. It's still early days in the season and this is a weak division.

we'll see if its a good move next may but i take your point about the salary and in answer to your question yes i would probably go and run a crap company for loads more money, no lose situation really when the team is halfway down the swanny due to boardroom incompetance
  • Options
    Adkins has done the same thing as Grayson when he dropped down a division from Blackpool to manage a bigger club Leeds, ironic then that Blackpool get promoted to the Premiership.

I can understand why he has gone to Southampton but there is a problem inherent judging by the early results. Most people would have had Southampton as fav for going up this year and nothing to say they won't. It will depend on how long it takes him to stamp his style of play on them and how much time he gets to do it.
  • Options
    Surely thier forward line alone will get them towards the top ? as for us they brought one of our 3 best players last year.
  • Options
    We were favourites to go up the past 2 years and it didnt happen. Down to the management leading the club not the size of the club or money available as we have well proved with Pardew and Parkinson.

Nigel Adkins will probably take a season to stabilise them and then build his own team next year. I think they will be in the playoffs or upper mid table at least come may and if he is in charge next year will be up there.
  • Options
    If Adkins fails...then the Saints will be looking for a new Chief Exec.

Despite our anthipathy to him Pardew didn't do a bad job last season considering the turn around in players, the minus ten points or whatever it was they started the season with and the club emerging from receivership etc. Cortese for whatever reason sacked Pardew and if Adkins fails then it's his neck on the chopping block. I reckon Saints will be buying more players in January. Cortese can't afford to let Adkins fail.