Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southampton

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2010
    I think we can all understand that feeling when you think you have the best team in the division, good fan base etc and should go up because you have spent years in higher divisions, but it doesnt quite work like that as we know only too well.

Yes they have a few good players but not necessarily a good team judging by results so far. Negative results breed negative confidence on and off the pitch and if this rut carries on until Christmas then they are going to be looking at a relegation fight for sure.

Adkins will probably bring his own ideas to the club although I think its clear he is going to be a "yes man" or Pardew would still be there.

Overall, I felt South Coast Club were going to be a threat this year but the applecart has been upset and they will end up buying & selling players that probably would have got them out this division quite easily. I don't see them as a threat any longer, more as a club that have shot themselves in the foot that are going to go through a massive transitional period.

Like BLACK FOREST says Corteses head will be on the block, he committed business suicide banning the media and sacking the manager that had just got a 4-0 away win. Not that i'm complaining about the latter
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]If Adkins fails...then the Saints will be looking for a new Chief Exec.

???

You think the Liebherr family are going to get involved in the running of the club?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]If Adkins fails...then the Saints will be looking for a new Chief Exec.

???

You think the Liebherr family are going to get involved in the running of the club?

Nope...but they have the resources to employ someone with a track record if Cortese fails.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]Cannot understand why Adkins would want to go there! He did a brilliant job at Scunthorpe and deserved a chance to manage a bigger club not drop down a division (or maybe 2) ;-)

Last season I think Large suggested that Adkins step down a division and manage us, i argued that he was in a division higher than us so why would he want to. the reason looks like perceived potential and Large was right.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DRAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]I'm one of the only people who have no problem with MK dons. I Love the stadium , the problem is all the fans in Milton Keynes are a London overspill and support Arsenal and Spurs . It will take Decades before they get their own identity and most importantly their own fans. As for Southampton they WILL be there or there abouts at the end of the season so any loss now can only be good.

It's more to do with the way they were allowed to start up, nothing to do with the actual team, area or fans.

Yeah i realise that but that's history now. whether you think it was right or wrong the old Wimbledon was dead on it's feet and something had to be done.
    I wouldn't have liked it to happen to my club but it's done and in the long run it's turned out to be a good thing.

Agree. Plus AFC Wimbledon are flying at the moment and will be a league side next season. FACT.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]I'm one of the only people who have no problem with MK dons. I Love the stadium , the problem is all the fans in Milton Keynes are a London overspill and support Arsenal and Spurs . It will take Decades before they get their own identity and most importantly their own fans. As for Southampton they WILL be there or there abouts at the end of the season so any loss now can only be good.

It's more to do with the way they were allowed to start up, nothing to do with the actual team, area or fans.

Yeah i realise that but that's history now. whether you think it was right or wrong the old Wimbledon was dead on it's feet and something had to be done.
    I wouldn't have liked it to happen to my club but it's done and in the long run it's turned out to be a good thing.

Agree. Plus AFC Wimbledon are flying at the moment and will be a league side next season. FACT.

Give it a couple of years and Wimbledon will be ahead of Milton Keynes and the monster will be laid to rest as if it all never happened
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

Give it a couple of years and Wimbledon will be ahead of Milton Keynes and the monster will be laid to rest as if it all never happened

Dond v Dons would be an interesting match to be at
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]Cannot understand why Adkins would want to go there! He did a brilliant job at Scunthorpe and deserved a chance to manage a bigger club not drop down a division (or maybe 2) ;-)

Last season I think Large suggested that Adkins step down a division and manage us, i argued that he was in a division higher than us so why would he want to. the reason looks like perceived potential and Large was right.
    I remember that. Difference is Southampton can afford compensation for him (and any staff he brings?) and are much more attractive than us, they have no debts and can spend millions on players.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]

???

Nope...but they have the resources to employ someone with a track record if Cortese fails.

Resources, but no know-how. They're more dependent on Cortese than Cortese is on them, as they know even less about football and business than him or Markus Liebherr. I think they're more likely to drop Southampton altogether than to hold on to Southampton and get rid of Cortese. They don't really care about the club, only that it was Markus Liebherr's wish, and if relations with Cortese soured or it wasn't working, that would be the deceased man's dream gone anyway.