Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

loan goalkeeper.... you decide.

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
Parky says someone will be in before the weekend. Whose availble, do we go young prem star or older wise head? For me one of the following would be decent.

Jimmy Walker spurs
Wayne hennersey wolves
Deano wba

Over to you...

Comments

• Options
    Mike Salmon
  • Options
    Deano, there's only one Deano, there's only one Deano, there's only one Deano.

Not sure West Brom will take £400 a week though
  • Options
    Nicky Johns
  • Options
    Don't really care how old they are, only fussed about how good they are.

No chance on Deano - he's WBA's goalkeeping coach.

Wayne Hennessey would be amazing, but cannot see that happening. And it's unlikely anyone will want to loan out even their second choice keeper.
  • Options
    Ruud Boffin
  • Options
    Robert Bolder
  • Options
    Wayne Hennersey would be good but unlikely...

Anyone know what happened to Ben Alnwick?
  • Options
    Carlo Cudicini!
  • Options
    What about Simon Royce. He was released by Gillingham in the summer.
  • Options
    Ben Alnwick wasn't named in Spurs' Prem squad as Gomes, Cudicini and Pleitkosa are the keepers. Only decent punt I can think of tbh
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ben Alnwick would be good but doubt we can get anyone, i'll settle for Deano
  • Options
    royce is gk coach at brentford Ben Alnwick is shocking Deano is also gk coach at WBA but is also still signed on as a player

Tony Warner is avaliable on a free short term contract
    Wesley Fodringham who is on loan at bromley from palace decent keeper
    Mannone at Arsenal ?
    Itandje at liverpool
  • Options
    SLP says Parky is in talks with five keepers. Going to try a 5-4-1-1 system.
  • Options
    Charles Wright.....friendly bloke, likes to chat to the crowd when the ball is down the opponents end apparently...
  • Options
    Won't have much chance to do that with us!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]Charles Wright.....friendly bloke, likes to chat to the crowd when the ball is down the opponents end apparently...

Makes a great breakfast too nowadays!
  • Options
    Shay Given needs first team football!

(I am only joking)
  • Options
    Funnily enough, Tranmere also have a Goalkeeping probelem and are also trying to get a loan keeper in before the weekend. Lets see who the better keeper wants to go to - will probably speak volumes!!
  • Options
    Where's Steve Brown these days ?
  • Options
    heard that we are either going to sign Brian Murphy or Arran Lee-Barrett off Ipswich
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: PaulCAFC[/cite]Funnily enough, Tranmere also have a Goalkeeping probelem and are also trying to get a loan keeper in before the weekend. Lets see who the better keeper wants to go to - will probably speak volumes!![/quote]

or where they live, or where their kids go to school, or whether they cant stand living op north or down south.
  • Options
    Is Murphy not first choice at the moment?
  • Options
    I'll be lumping on it being Warner.
  • Options
    Darren Randolph
  • Options
    Can't Liverpool send us a 3rd choice..?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Can't Liverpool send us a 3rd choice..?

Ha ha ha! Somehow I doubt we'll see that.
  • Options
    Tongue was in cheek...
  • Options
    Marton Fulop keeping both Murphy and Barrett out
  • Options
    Either of those would be pretty decent.
  • Options
    I can see one of the Ipswich duo as an option.

Realistically the Liverpool Number 3 is more likely to appear for Tranmere on Saturday than us. Last year the Hungarian Peter Gulasci spent a spell at Prenton Park last year as an emergency.Likewise Tony Warner lives on Merseyside .

Who are Premier London Club Number 3's ?

Arsenal either Mannone or Sceceski , the Pole may see a month with us as a step up from Brentford
    Chelsea Unlikely Hilario or Turnball are both in the CL Squad
    Fulham Unlikely as Stockdale is injured and there is a Swiss veteren Zuber as cover
    Tottenham as others have said Alnwick is touting for a loan
    West Ham have just signed Ruud Boffin and also have Peter Kurucz and Marek Stech so there could be options there.

Moving down to the CCC QPR's number two is Radek Cerny , I'm sure he might welcome some games.Jimmy Walker must be local so might be a possible.