Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

loan goalkeeper.... you decide.

Comments

• Options
    Peter Kurucz is long term injured - so it won't be a West Ham keeper. Could be one of the Ipswich pair, as they are alternating playing reserves at the minute - neither are that great though. I would not be surprised if Tony Warner came back - think he is still a free agent, but definately not match fit! Hope its not Ben Alnwick - even the Spurs fans don't rate him! If we go too far down the leagues, we may as well stick with Worner.
  • Options
    Where' s Carl Ikelme theses days?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]Charles Wright.....friendly bloke, likes to chat to the crowd when the ball is down the opponents end apparently...

Makes a great breakfast too nowadays!

he'd bring home the bacon then
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Darren Randolph

Oops I forgot. Parky thought he was too good for the Team and didn't know where to play him ;-)
  • Options
    The Mirror are also reporting that Richard Wright is going to sign for the season.
  • Options
    I'd discounted Richard Wright but if true I'm happy.

I suspect if it is him for a season then Robbie is out for longer than a month.
  • Options
    Good signing richard
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Good signing richard

I have my doubts but let's wait and see who it is first.
  • Options
    Where' s Carl Ikelme theses days?

Ikeme is on loan at Leicester
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]I'd discounted Richard Wright but if true I'm happy.

I suspect if it is him for a season then Robbie is out for longer than a month.

or maybe Parky realises that if it happens again he will have to scrabble around for another loanee. If we can get Wright at a reasonable wage then it'll be cover for Robbie, put pressure on Robbie and will help out bothe Robbie and Ross by having an experienced keeper there to learn off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would be very happy with wright to be honest, come on parky make it so..
  • Options
    Wright was supposedly on trial at Palarse, and I heard was a pretty nailed on signing too (tho that was probably lazy paper/agent talk based on Burley being there)

Then I think he was on trial in the MLS....

Kind of worrying he's supposedly been on trial at a few (not great) places and not got anywhere. Suppose in our situation we won't get anyone any better though!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
  • Options
    Richard Wright is quality if we get him he would be our no1 even when Robbo is fit
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Would be very happy with wright to be honest, come on parky make it so..

I know we have had to come down a bit in our expectations but are we really at the point where we are "happy" with Richard Wright?

I can feel a wave of depression coming over me. Where's Oggy when I need some rose-tinted optimism to lift me
  • Options
    I would rather Richard wright the ex England goalie than David James the ex England goalie
  • Options
    We need a season long loan/or a keeper in for at least three months, a short term signing won't be much good if the parent club want him back before Elliot is fully fit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I would rather Richard wright the ex England goalie than David James the ex England goalie

I'd have James any day over Wright
  • Options
    This whole situation is a complete and utter joke.

From memory, this is Elliot's fourth injury in less than a year and we have someone as back up with no League experience whatsoever and we're having to press the panic button to get someone in in the next 24 hours who will have never met let alone trained with his back four. This could so easily have been avoided.
  • Options
    For a young keeper robbie is very injury prone and the worrying thing its all different areas of his body.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richard Wright appeared in my favourite ever football photo. It was just after a Jason Euell goal and had a nice view of the Highbury scoreboard
  • Options
    if we don't get someone in today I'd play Worner. He's trained with the back four everyday and apart from one error at Huddersfield, where two experienced CH's were also partly culpable, he hasn't done anything wrong. In fact in the Paint Pot against D&G the save in the last minute was as good as anything Robbie has ever produced.
  • Options
    I find it all rather strange that Robbie played for the reserves Tuesday? Shame for the lad as he had possibly his best ever game against County
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]I find it all rather strange that Robbie played for the reserves Tuesday? Shame for the lad as he had possibly his best ever game against County

Robbie didn't play for the reserves - Worner played first half, Gough second half. Robbie got injured in training.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I would rather Richard wright the ex England goalie than David James the ex England goalie

no way his hair is to big for someone like me who is balding it would give me a complex

i have heard that Coppell didnt resign he is hiding in James's hair
  • Options
    Oscar Jansson at Spurs is very highly rated...just came back from a loan spell at Northampton too...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Me too....

Bloody hell Ive agreed with you twice this week, something must be in my tea....

Richard Blunderman Wright.....I wouldnt be happy....but then again, Im not
  • Options
    The geezer from arsenal, was at brentford last year... quality keeper!
  • Options
    Defo sign peter cech for a month. On a more serious note I think that Wayne Hennesy would be good
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]This whole situation is a complete and utter joke.
    What if signing an experienced keeper or Worner was the difference between getting Anyinsah or not being able to afford him?

Does seem we took that gamble to save money for other areas of the team. Now we need a keeper the board will have to come up with money for him.