Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luke Daniels from WBA is loan keeper

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite][url=http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=36223&newstype=p<br]http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=36223&newstype=p
    />
    of course Airman could be putting more club spin on it and the club could be lying.

Its Parky's words (not Airman's spin) and Parky uses the words "I think".

And just for the record this is what Craig Brown said:

Brown had played down his interest in the goalkeeper earlier this week but said: "Things have moved very quickly over the last 24 hours and we're delighted to have Darren on board.

"He'll compete against Lee Hollis for the number one spot and that's healthy competition to have."

So who's telling the truth?

Brown also said he had no interest in signing Darren Randolph.

Until secret agent Dailly told him just how good he was ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: matt88[/cite]CommentAuthorSaga Lout CommentTime39 minutes ago quote# 15
    I can't imagine Parky has got his first choice in. I suspect he probably did have something better up his sleeve but for reasons unknown it didn't come off.

http://www.wba.co.uk/page/News/0,,10366~2156835,00.html

parky said he'd watched a keeper on wednesday so that fits if daniels had played for their reserves. probably was parky's first choice to bring in

According to the OS he's been looking at 5 keepers - who knows which one was his first choice? I was just saying that I suspected that Luke was the one he was able to bring in, not necessarily the best he saw.
  • Options
    He spent 7 years at Man Utd.
    And has had one season in league 1.
    Cant be any worse than Elliot.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: matt88[/cite]CommentAuthorSaga Lout CommentTime39 minutes ago quote# 15
    I can't imagine Parky has got his first choice in. I suspect he probably did have something better up his sleeve but for reasons unknown it didn't come off.

parky said he'd watched a keeper on wednesday so that fits if daniels had played for their reserves. probably was parky's first choice to bring in

According to the OS he's been looking at 5 keepers - who knows which one was his first choice? I was just saying that I suspected that Luke was the one he was able to bring in, not necessarily the best he saw.

I guess you can just rephrase it as 'the best available' rather than first choice - obviously not many clubs want to give away their best players.

Daniels is 4th choice at WBA behind Carson, Myhill and Deano so it's unlikely they'll need to recall him which is a bonus.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]

I guess you can just rephrase it as 'the best available' rather than first choice - obviously not many clubs want to give away their best players.

Daniels is 4th choice at WBA behind Carson, Myhill and Deano so it's unlikely they'll need to recall him which is a bonus.

Possibly Deano was 4th choice but maybe he saw a way of moving up the pecking order ;-)
  • Options
    A page full of opinions on a player nobody appears to have (conciously) seen.
  • Options
    Sounds like as good as we could have expected to get. In Parky we trust.
  • Options
    According to Parky (OS), Tranmere have a direct style....roughly translated as plenty of high balls into the box. At Huddersfield, Worner looked a good shot-stopper, but lacks height and strength. He struggled on crosses and made a poor decision on the first goal (when caught in "no-mans land" by a long ball over the top), which unsettled the Back Four for the rest of the game. We need someone bigger, stronger & more experienced to deal with Tranmere's style of play, hopefully Daniels fits the bill.
  • Options
    Really pleased with this one, WBA obviously highly rate him and he has the necessary experience. We could do a lot worse.

Watched him play for Shrewsbury against Bury in the play offs in 2009, it was Bury v Daniels and Daniels won, he was excellent. Sure there may be a youtube clip of some of his saves including from the spot. Also good to hear he got good reviews for Tranmere when they were struggling. Sure he made one or two good saves at The Valley, for some reason I remember one at the Jimmy Seed end from Bailey.

Well Done Parky.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Really pleased with this one, WBA obviously highly rate him and he has the necessary experience. We could do a lot worse.

Watched him play for Shrewsbury against Bury in the play offs in 2009, it was Bury v Daniels and Daniels won, he was excellent. Sure there may be a youtube clip of some of his saves including from the spot. Also good to hear he got good reviews for Tranmere when they were struggling. Sure he made one or two good saves at The Valley, for some reason I remember one at the Jimmy Seed end from Bailey.

Well Done Parky.

Remeber the game well but hadn't realised that was him. He was outstanding that day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Also good to hear he got good reviews for Tranmere when they were struggling. Sure he made one or two good saves at The Valley, for some reason I re

He made a very good save from a Burton header in that game and a few other decent stops.
  • Options
    Tranmere have also signed a new keeper today, Peter Gulaci from Liverpool. Let's hope he has a fair bit of work to do tomorrow.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Tranmere have also signed a new keeper today, Peter Gulaci from Liverpool. Let's hope he has a fair bit of work to do tomorrow.

I wonder if they offered him to us