Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Supporting a football team

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]Win or lose I'm never dissapointed...I get what I pay for, a football match with an unpredictable outcome. If I wanted to be bored I'd go watch Chelsea. The reason I've stopped going is that the majority of our supporters are whinging whining tossers.

I remember looking on Millwall's boards a couple of years back and they were utterly depressed. Same with Palace, particularly after every time we beat them - it's not unique to us. Don't take it all too seriously and don't let the whingers get to you - just laugh at them -it's their natural disposition and thats their tough shit.

Luckily I'm moving 200 miles away from London so won't be tempted. The up side is that I'll be able to watch at least 5 away games where I can stand with proper Charlton supporters.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]Win or lose I'm never dissapointed...I get what I pay for, a football match with an unpredictable outcome. If I wanted to be bored I'd go watch Chelsea. The reason I've stopped going is that the majority of our supporters are whinging whining tossers.

Complete tosserish thing to say.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite].

Luckily I'm moving 200 miles away from London so won't be tempted. The up side is that I'll be able to watch at least 5 away games where I can stand with proper Charlton supporters.

Yes because those that waste their money at home are different to those that go to away games.

what a silly comment
  • Options
    So any one who "whinges" or complains about the poor management and poor performance of our club over the past few years is not proper Charlton and best ignored then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]So any one who "whinges" or complains about the poor management and poor performance of our club over the past few years is not proper Charlton and best ignored then?

exactly why it is a ridiculous statement someone trolling for a response RTC i reckon
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]Win or lose I'm never dissapointed...I get what I pay for, a football match with an unpredictable outcome. If I wanted to be bored I'd go watch Chelsea. The reason I've stopped going is that the majority of our supporters are whinging whining tossers.[/quote]

I remember looking on Millwall's boards a couple of years back and they were utterly depressed. Same with Palace, particularly after every time we beat them - it's not unique to us. Don't take it all too seriously and don't let the whingers get to you - just laugh at them -it's their natural disposition and thats their tough shit.[/quote]

Luckily I'm moving 200 miles away from London so won't be tempted. The up side is that I'll be able to watch at least 5 away games where I can stand with proper Charlton supporters.[/quote]

I wondered how long it would be before someone came out with the "proper supporter" line.

If you were a "proper supporter" you'd think nothing of doing a 400 mile trip to watch a game!
  • Options
    Like I care a f**k!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]Like I care a f**k!

Surely that should be "Give a ...."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]Like I care a f**k!

proper charlton that
  • Options
    Oh dear! This started off so well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At the end of the day, even if you are as sick as a parrot about the way things are going - suporting Charlton is about as real football as it gets.

What we are experiencing now is true football, as in not the fake, plastic TV stuff your average Johnny come lately Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, Man City, Arsenal "follower" follows.

It may be horrible, it may be crappy football & an uncertain future - but - it's real, authentic, unpredictable football life. I love it. Wouldn't want it any other way.

I am surrounded by Man Utd & Chelsea followers out here - i have to explain to them, how the league structure works FFS - and why on earth I am supporting a team that isn't in the Champions League!!!
  • Options
    To an extent I do agree with the Sky 4 "supporter" view that they have no idea but then I thought what about those that are die hard Man U, Chelsea etc and in the same way that they get used to winning alternatively what happens when heaven forbid they lose a game?

Is it harder to take than say when we were in the Prem losing to one of them? I think of how bad I took the play off defeat last season and think would it have been worse for a Chelsea fan to lose the Champions League final on penalties?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]To an extent I do agree with the Sky 4 "supporter" view that they have no idea but then I thought what about those that are die hard Man U, Chelsea etc and in the same way that they get used to winning alternatively what happens when heaven forbid they lose a game?

Is it harder to take than say when we were in the Prem losing to one of them? I think of how bad I took the play off defeat last season and think would it have been worse for a Chelsea fan to lose the Champions League final on penalties?

i agree , i don't like the way we dismiss the sky 4 support , when they have huge numbers of properly truly loyal fans who put in the trips, time and money a lot more than we have to and i bet liverpool fans are in a world of pain as to how wank they are and with their friends man utd being so dominant in recent years that must add to the pain
    the dismissive attitude that being a charlton fan makes us some sort of superior martyr in the footballing world is disrespectful
    it's a lot more expensive to watch their teams and get tickets , so if some chose to support them and are lucky enough to watch their chosen team on telly that's their choice
    understandably the fans who give it the big one about a team they haven't ever seen is annoying but the sweeping generalisation and disprespect to the sky 4,5 or 6 doesn't do justice to the hugely ridiculous loyal supprt these clubs have
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]To an extent I do agree with the Sky 4 "supporter" view that they have no idea but then I thought what about those that are die hard Man U, Chelsea etc and in the same way that they get used to winning alternatively what happens when heaven forbid they lose a game?

i agree , i don't like the way we dismiss the sky 4 support , when they have huge numbers of properly truly loyal fans who put in the trips, time and money a lot more than we have to and i bet liverpool fans are in a world of pain as to how wank they are and with their friends man utd being so dominant in recent years that must add to the pain
    the dismissive attitude that being a charlton fan makes us some sort of superior martyr in the footballing world is disrespectful
    it's a lot more expensive to watch their teams and get tickets , so if some chose to support them and are lucky enough to watch their chosen team on telly that's their choice
    understandably the fans who give it the big one about a team they haven't ever seen is annoying but the sweeping generalisation and disprespect to the sky 4,5 or 6 doesn't do justice to the hugely ridiculous loyal supprt these clubs have

Yes. Hence the phrase Johnny Come Lately in my email above. I would also be hacked off if I was a long standing, loyal supporter of a Sky4 team, if i was lumped in with the Johnny Come Lately TV crowd.

Anyway of course it is easier to have a hugely, ridiculous loyal support when the worst that can happen is you only make the FA Cup Final in a season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]
    Anyway of course it is easier to have a hugely, ridiculous loyal support when the worst that can happen is you only make the FA Cup Final in a season.

yep, i'm just watching the 'mighty' leeds at the moment against donny
  • Options
    shock horror windscreen posts without mentioning music.........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]

yep, i'm just watching the 'mighty' leeds at the moment against donny

Jesus Christ!! I am not getting into an argument about away support with you Ooohaah!! :-)
  • Options
    you read me like a book oakster lol !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]you read me like a book oakster lol !!

i'm just scared, I've only done one away game in the past 5 years!
  • Options
    more than most in the last 5 years !