Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky's Comments after the game

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
Why on earth is he acting possitive after our draw against Tranmere.

His quotes:

"Coming into the game we looked at the way Tranmere played and thought we would pick a team to be strong. That's what we did and after 45 minutes it was a good decision - and after 90 it wasn't a bad decision"

Parky.....it was a bad decision because these are the type of games we should win.

"It was the type of game today and the way they [Tranmere] played to put Miguel [Llera] back in"

Words can not describe how laughable that was

"After losing the last two away games it was important to get something today. It ought to have been three points and our first half performance certainly warranted that. But we will take the point."

Huddersfield - Fair Enough Exeter - Pathetic Tranmere - Pathetic

If we are going to aim for promotion we can't slip away against Teams who only survived relegation last season and almost near there this season. I find it there is a lack of ambition on Parky's behalf, especially hearing these comments.

Im dreading Dag and Red this Saturday and if we play awful that game the crowd will get on the team's back.

Comments

• Options
    dagenhem are crap,worry when we play the better teams
  • Options
    As above, today not getting beat was a good thing after the last two aways no matter who against
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]dagenhem are crap,worry when we play the better teams[/quote]

Thing is, we seem to play better against teams who are on form. Take a look at last season for example, we only drew at home against Gillingham who had a awful away record and yet a week's later we pick up a valuable point against Huddersfield away.
  • Options
    Give the guy a break.

Worry about things you can do something about, not those that you can't. Don't dread saturday. If it worries you that much then maybe you should chill out and just enjoy it for what it is " A Game" As they say it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.
  • Options
    What's he supposed to say, "We're shite and I'm off to slash my wrists on Charlton Life"???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]What's he supposed to say, "We're shite and I'm off to slash my wrists on Charlton Life"???

It would seem that would make folks happy
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Jpb Junior[/cite]Give the guy a break.

Worry about things you can do something about, not those that you can't. Don't dread saturday. If it worries you that much then maybe you should chill out and just enjoy it for what it is " A Game" As they say it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.[/quote]

What a bunch of ballshit. Yes it's a game, sure my life does not depend on it...yet Tranmere...they are not good and we should have beaten them what ever...home or away...and the fact us fans don't really give a fig (me included) is a seriously sad fact in how far we have fallen...because lets be honest here.....Tranmere are absolute shiiite.
  • Options
    Swearing isn't clever, nor does it give posts an extra credibility.
  • Options
    go read a comic
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]go read a comic

Will do, just as soon as this Steven Segal film ends.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he walked ufc legend anderson silva to ring last month,man still got it
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Swearing isn't clever, nor does it give posts an extra credibility.[/quote]

True...I am very drunk & struggling to see the keyboard (no excuse).

Don't mean to upset peeps...just v. dissapointed by folks that seem to think a draw v Tranmere is ok...surely we have higher aspirations than that!
  • Options
    no we no our place now
  • Options
    I can'tbelieve there are peope who are surprised at todays result.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I like the players he's brought in but how the hell do we always get these players to perform to the minimum of their ability is beyond belief ...
    Our coaching/management set up since the legend left is beyond pathetic, we're a lesson on how to get the least out of players and all the nice words from whoever won't change the results we're getting
    Come on parky get your troops performing to the max , law of averages says we gotta put in a decent game soon surely.....
    if not seth's goat better dust of his cv and get his "supporting statement" together
  • Options
    edited September 2010
  • Options
    Could it be that Parky is just too nice?
  • Options
    Ancelotti and Woy are nice and have done well in management.
  • Options
    I'll ask him his masterplan on Thursday at The Bromley meeting.
  • Options
    The ref ruined the game yesterday.

We would have went on to win without some of the AWFUL decisions.

Saying that, Tranmere came out a different team and did well. We also had the best chance to win the game.

It happens in this league, so im not worrying too much...yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I'll ask him his masterplan on Thursday at The Bromley meeting.
    Ask him if he realises how few shots we take and how many fouls we give away please! Would be interesting to see what he has to say about those.
  • Options
    If its taking so long to gel then maybe spend a bit more time on the training pitch working on things that will get them gelling. Charlton are not the only club to have new faces in the pre season so get them working harder to gel
  • Options
    WE'VE PLAYED 7 GAMES! and considering it isn't quite there, we're 3 points of the top, a point off the play offs.

But unless Parkinson comes out and calls the players a bunch of front bottoms unless we win, some of you lot won't be happy.
  • Options
    yep thats right strange as it seems i do expect us to beat Tranmere and dont think a draw is a good result.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I'll ask him his masterplan on Thursday at The Bromley meeting.
    Ask him if he realises how few shots we take and how many fouls we give away please! Would be interesting to see what he has to say about those.

I'm ahead of you there Scoham. I've already printed them off.

My son has also written out his suggested team and formation. I might be pushing that one though :-)
  • Options
    Bromley on thursday could be an interesting london hot spot
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Bromley on thursday could be an interesting london hot spot

Bet that aint been said to often before ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Bromley on thursday could be an interesting london hot spot

Bet that aint been said to often before ;-)

Lol and sure someone will soon point out Bromley is Kent!
  • Options
    What Parkinson says to the press and what he says in the dressing room are probably completley differant things. Also the feedback from those who were there and the statistics suggests there was no lack of effort on the players parts. Lets get behind our team its the only way we will get anywhere this season.
  • Options
    A draw might not be a great result, but football doesn't work like it's been suggested by some. You don't just beat all the crap teams and lose to the good ones. It would be a pretty boring sport if that were the case. We should only start worrying when we're not beating anyone at all... And given we won our last but one game, I don't think we need to start panicking yet.