Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky's Comments after the game

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]You don't just beat all the crap teams and lose to the good ones.
    That's why I was saying it's not a case of "to be promoted you have to beat teams like Tranmere". You just have to get enough points.

If we won every game we 'should' win, we'd have what, 90-100 points? Must be at least 15 teams we 'should' beat home and away.

We nearly got 2nd place last season with several draws against teams like Tranmere (including Tranmere at home I think). We needed to win one or two more, not every single game against every side outside the top 10.
  • Options
    I think Parky was saying that it wasn't his fault. The team did well in the first half and should have been more than 1 up. In the second- it was the same team- they didn't perform as they did in the first. I think we have a mental thing and it frustrtaes me that our confidence always seems so fragile. I think the players need to show some more courage in their play and I think it's too easy to blame Parky.
  • Options
    Beat Tranmere at home and we match our points total against them last year.

Don't understand the panic. We have played 7 games. We've lost 2 of them. Huddersfield - anything but a defeat would have been a good result and Exeter really don't lose many at home - unlucky not to beat Peterborough on Saturday.

People need to get some perspective. We are a completely new side. We are finding our feet. We'd all agree that we aren't playing well, personally I don't think we have played particularly well in any game - had our moments at Orient. Yet we are still picking up points.

What I have seen and am encouraged by is a willingness to stand up and fight. We haven't been bullied yet this season. I've also seen flashes of skill and passing that suggest when we click we will be a good side.

Personally think Parky is still working out his best side and while he is doing that he is picking "horses for courses" and putting out a side he thinks will get a result.

Don't forget we are still a "name" in this division and teams, especially when we visit them, will raise their game against us.

Keep the faith. I genuinely think this team has the potential to be better than last years.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]A draw might not be a great result, but football doesn't work like it's been suggested by some. You don't just beat all the crap teams and lose to the good ones. It would be a pretty boring sport if that were the case. We should only start worrying when we're not beating anyone at all... And given we won our last but one game, I don't think we need to start panicking yet.

Unfortunately we NEED to get promoted. Murray has clearly stated we are not viable in this league and are loss making.

So we need to go up to break even. Unless we get a mega money take over I cant see how even a die hard fan like RM will be able to justify losing vast sums of what must be his personal fortune year on year and as I understand it he is the only one paying the debts and to be putting future money in? Not viable long term realisitcally.

Dont expect us to go up this year and expect time is needed for the team to gel etc but we really need to get promotion this year or next I think and it will only become more of a challenge as each season passes.
  • Options
    Murray knows we need to get promoted but i don't think he actually expects it. Let's face it, we have a squad of league 1 players, on league 1 money so why should we get promoted? I don't expect much these days but still looking forward to Saturday's game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]Murray knows we need to get promoted but i don't think he actually expects it. Let's face it, we have a squad of league 1 players, on league 1 money so why should we get promoted? I don't expect much these days but still looking forward to Saturday's game.

Rubbish to say Murray doesn't expect it. He has financed the squad this season. The calibre of player we have signed is much higher than many expected. I'd say he is probably demanding it.

I'd say we probably have a higher than average wage bill for this division.

We need promotion this year to carry on with the sort of side we have at present. If we don't go up there will be another cull.

Difference is, we haven't got a number of players on unafforable contracts.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Rubbish to say Murray doesn't expect it. He has financed the squad this season. The calibre of player we have signed is much higher than many expected. I'd say he is probably demanding it.

I'd say we probably have a higher than average wage bill for this division.

We need promotion this year to carry on with the sort of side we have at present. If we don't go up there will be another cull.

Difference is, we haven't got a number of players on unafforable contracts.[/quote]

Rubbish
  • Options
    delusional - we sold our 3 only saleable assets in the summer (all of whom have gone to clubs in higher divisions) and we have brought in players from league 1. i bet he's pleasantly surprised that we are even where we are given the amount of changes but to say he expects promotion is nonsense. He's hoping for it and has done what he can to give us an outside chance. Calibre of player....?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]delusional - we sold our 3 only saleable assets in the summer (all of whom have gone to clubs in higher divisions) and we have brought in players from league 1. i bet he's pleasantly surprised that we are even where we are given the amount of changes but to say he expects promotion is nonsense. He's hoping for it and has done what he can to give us an outside chance. Calibre of player....?

At the start of the transfer window most on here would not have believed that we would have signed players like:

Kyle Reid
    Gary Doherty
    John Jackson
    Lee Martin

No one would have believed that we would have spent a penny on transfers:

Francis
    Abbott
    Benson

No one would have believed that we would hold on to Semedo.

The general consensus was, we would have a team of youngsters and journeymen. We have signed a far higher calibre of player than was expected.

Murray is on record as saying that he would provide a squad to challenge in this division. Given our financial plight I'm 99% certain that he has taken a risk with our expenditure this year and that there is an expectation that this squad should get us out of the division.
  • Options
    We do need to get promoted - but a bad situation was never made any better by panicking.

I think we all need to keep our powder dry a bit for the moment, I think it's just too early to tell how this season is likely to pan out - I think there have been reasons for both optimism and pessimism in our opening half a dozen, opr so, games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]We do need to get promoted - but a bad situation was never made any better by panicking.

4c225ec4fbab7f4cbb8409616565dc3b-orig.jpg
  • Options
    That's about your most sensible ever post, Rodney!

;-)
  • Options
    Precisely Rodders... at least for the moment!