Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton get nasty and try to "nick" defender - funny!

WSSWSS
edited January 2007 in General Charlton
The Addicks are still interested in prising Madjid Bougherra away from Hillsborough despite having a £1.3m bid rejected.

"Charlton have spoken to him and they are trying to nick him," said Allen.

"Their chairman spoke to (Owls chief executive) Kaven Walker and he said that football's a dirty game and they would scramble his brain.

"I'd like to remind the chairman of Charlton that what goes around comes around."

Allen added: "He (Bougherra) is contracted to the club until June 2009.

"Normally you are not allowed to approach a player under contract. His agents refused to allow him to sign the contract unless there was a buy-out clause, which we refused.

"Subsequently, all parties agreed to a clause which allowed him to talk to any other club who offered over £1.3million. However, the contract does not allow him to leave for that amount.

"If we take less than the market value for this lad then we are going to be seen as a soft touch."

Comments

• Options
    sounds like they are the one playing around with the player. Putting something in his contract, then messing around with the small print...
  • Options
    "scramble his brain"???

Is that us talking???
  • Options
    And yet again making a big noise about it. Complaint to FA or trying to get a higher price? I wonder!
  • Options
    so, if bougherra didn't know charlton were trying to sign him, because 'normally you're not allowed to approach a player under contract', they do now...
  • Options
    when does he sign for west ham then?
  • Options
    I thought i read earlier that Birmingham want him? So he'll be off there then
  • Options
    I know things are bad but surely living in London must be more tempting than living in Birmingham!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    "Their chairman spoke to (Owls chief executive) Kaven Walker and he said that football's a dirty game and they would scramble his brain"

Now, honestly ask yourself - can you imagine Richard Murray saying that?

Me neither.
  • Options
    He's Algerian and lives in Sheffield as it is so he's not been too fussy so far!
  • Options
    Is he injured?

That might swing it our way if he is:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems to be an awful lot of chat coming out of Sheffield on this one & not a lot from us. Mmmmmmmm I wonder!
  • Options
    "Their chairman spoke to (Owls chief executive) Kaven Walker and he said that football's a dirty game and they would scramble his brain."

Now, honestly ask yourself - can you imagine Richard Murray saying that?

Me neither.
  • Options
    If the clause allows him to "talk" to other clubs but not sign him, what's the point of it. Methinks somebody's lawyers have ballsed up.
  • Options
    http://www.yorkshiretoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=117&ArticleID=1987547
  • Options
    Surely Talal can put in a word in Moroccan/Algerian type language?
  • Options
    He probably will & say FFS don't some down here !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]Surely Talal can put in a word in Moroccan/Algerian type language?

Jagshemash
  • Options
    "Shortly after Charlton's offer was tabled, Bougherra invited supporters to cast votes on his future via his own personal website."

lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]"Shortly after Charlton's offer was tabled, Bougherra invited supporters to cast votes on his future via his own personal website."

lol

Glad to see the player keeping it quiet as well as his club!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]Surely Talal can put in a word in Moroccan/Algerian type language?

Like Arabic you mean?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Si vous venez prendre ma place dans l'équipe, j'enlèverai vos testicules!
  • Options
    Je sais que je ressemble à Borat mais je mise à mort immobile vous
  • Options
    petite pous
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Si vous venez prendre ma place dans l'équipe, j'enlèverai vos testicules!
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Je sais que je ressemble à Borat mais je mise à mort immobile vous

do we want him or not? not sure el kak will persuade him with those comments.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Like Arabic you mean?

Yes that's it, couldn't think of the name for a minute ;-)
  • Options
    a bloke in my ofice is a season ticket holder at hillsborough. he reckons this lad is the most gifted player to pull on a wdnesday shirt for years...the training ground is 100 yrds from my house. might have a look out for him and see if i can get it from the horses mouth so to speak. the truth is wednesday are still in shit creek financially. they tried to sell the training ground to tesco/asda but the council wouldn't grant planning permission as they part own the land. it would have given them about £12m so they need the money. they are not gonna get many of his standard to sell on so may hold out a bit longer.
  • Options
    Like the Ketman says, get one of their cloggers to put him out for the rest of the season with a cruciate ligament tear and then we will have no problems paying around 2.7 million for him and then watch him spend three years in the treatment room here like Rowett did.
    BTW, isn't it time everyone put this whole "ethics" thing to bed in football? Nobody plays by the rules and there are a million ways to let a player know you want to sign him without talking to him directly, what a complete farce.
    Darren Bent has probably been well tapped up by now but does not want to leave the club yet so he has stayed, if he wanted to go he would have gone and the same goes for this bloke at Wednesday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Prince-e-Paul[/cite]a bloke in my ofice is a season ticket holder at hillsborough. he reckons this lad is the most gifted player to pull on a wdnesday shirt for years...the training ground is 100 yrds from my house. might have a look out for him and see if i can get it from the horses mouth so to speak. the truth is wednesday are still in shit creek financially. they tried to sell the training ground to tesco/asda but the council wouldn't grant planning permission as they part own the land. it would have given them about £12m so they need the money. they are not gonna get many of his standard to sell on so may hold out a bit longer.

Been c him fair few times this year and he's class really stands out in the championship, althou i'd play him as a holding midfielder rather than a CB, really comfortable on ball, strong, commited, quick good passer

would still b great buy at £3 mill, althou as stated above wednesday still in close to £20 mill of debt so could get him cheaper, mayb not until the summer thou, they're only 2/3 points off play offs i think, so would prob want keep him till its confirmed they don't get promoted!!
  • Options
    Ask Henry what Murray said at Bromley meeting end of last year.Something along the lines of no more Mr Nice Guy/Club and it was time to fight dirty.
  • Options
    He is going to Everton by the looks of things.

Perhaps we could offer £500k to loan him for the rest of the season - if we stay up buy him for a further £2.5M and if we go down they get him back to keep or sell and he doesn't risk ending up in the Championship with us.