Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Dagenham & Redbridge (25/9/10) - Preview, Poll, News and Views

2»

Comments

• Options
    Neither Joe or Ackpo are the most gifted footballers ever but as a combination, strength and some pace, would you relish playing against them? I certainly wouldn't and as Abbott and Benson haven't got going yet, I think this would be a sound tactic. Wouldn't work against Man Utd or even possibly Ipswich but we are playing League 1 sides and D7R are a poor League 1 side with all due respect. We run the risk of Benson going into trying too hard mode which is increased seeing as we are playing his old team. He will find it much easier coming on in the second half hopefully when we are comfortable but if we are not, it is easier when those before you have messed up and you can make the difference.
  • Options
    im sure that abbot and benson will score goals eventually, for some reason parky finds it nessasary to throw players into the deep end without working them into the team. as soon at benson and abbott signed, they were straigt into the first team a couple of days later. i know that we are not blessed with amazing squad depth, but i think that there were other and possibly better options that we could have taken.
  • Options
    Fairlty optimistic for this one, a real chance that we can get 6 points from the next two games which could provide a springboard for the season.

I'd like Racs to start in midfield, simply feel we look a better side with him in there. Up front I haven't a clue who to choose...no obvious candidate for me so I'll trust Parky and what he sees in training, although the idea of Martin tucked in behind is good. Opportunity at home against perceived 'weaker' opposition to go for this with two wide players.
  • Options
    They have got a defender (Gareth Gwillim) who has to supplement is wages by working nights on the underground.
    This should put in persective the difference between these sides.
    Nothing but a win.
    No excuses.
  • Options
    Dagenham will play their long ball which will be munched by us.

Smooth neat tidy passing will carve them open - Benson and Martin to score the goals in a comfortable 2-0 just like 25 years ago
  • Options
    I trust Parky's judgement on players- as a supporter of him I do think he can be a bit too safe sometimes. 2 wins and a defeat is better than 1 win and 2 draws. At home against the weaker sides we should look to playing with 3 at the back with Semedo filling in for the extra centre half when needed. Not every game but where a team might be expected to try to frustrate, this tactic might be more fruitful in terms of points over the course of the season at the Valley.
  • Options
    Us 5 - Daggers 0
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite] 2 wins and a defeat is better than 1 win and 2 draws. .

good point, a 1-0 win and a 6-0 defeat is also better than 2 draws but I sometimes suspect that a lot of managers would take the latter if offered the choice...
  • Options
    A birthday win, just for me
  • Options
    I expect a home win, but as ever with us i doubt it will be as easy as some think. We rarely (if ever) turn sides over 4 or 5-0. I'll go for 2-0 to us. Benson and Reid to score.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would love to see us win and head says we should, but I am ready to be disappointed when we get dragged down and it ends up a scrappy mess with us losing 1-0..

Fully expect them to be up for it (their crowd too) and just hope our team and us fans can match them in the 'up for it' stakes...
  • Options
    I wxpect us to take the lead then allow D&R to edge back into it slowly as we play safe.Whether they equalise or not will depend on their striking quality or good fortune. they wont cut us open but will plonk some balls into the box and have some numbers up and hope for the best. Then we will probaly snatch a winner. Do think we should go into the game with the mentality of winning 2 or 3 nil. That way we should keep the pressure on even if we score. Not sure if it is Parky or the way the players are conditioned to think but the safe way often gives weaker sides more of a chance of getting something from the game IMO.

The right tactic when you are playing strong sides but definitely the wrong one at this level unless you are playing one of the handful of better league 1 sides.
  • Options
    Going out of pure loyalty....Ive actually got better things to do. Heart is saying a win, head says typical Charlton to lose on the anniversary of the darkest day.
    Hope Im wrong on the head part.
  • Options
    Has to be a win for me, 3-1 with Benson getting off the mark. The team need a confidence boost, not just the strikers, we need to create chances and then take them, if we can't do this against the daggers then I would begin to worry for the first time this season. I fully expect us to come out and go for it from the kick-off, stamp our authority on the game and play some good football.
  • Options
    I have a feeling of unease about this one. Charlton are always better as underdogs. I fear an uninspiring draw with the only happy fans being the boo boys.
  • Options
    2-0 charlton
    1 for benson :)

come on you reds!
  • Options
    I apologise but I have snuck onto the website while hubby is asleep, he is catching the 7.53am train tomorrow to London from Exeter - and we live in Conrwall! - to see Charlton v Dagenham!!! I have been a charlton widow for almost 20 years now but have loads of Charlton friends and although i don't get out of Cornwall much but when we met up for a wedding in bromley in August, some of the people i had not seen for years it seemed like we had never been away. We are like a family and long may it last!!!
  • Options
    Well said young lady

I think we will win this one, in fact I'm confident we will win this. Whatever the scoreline, 3 points is 3 points.

Abbot and Benson to partner each other up top

NLA no way on this earth should we play with 3 at the back! We neither have the players to pull it off nor do we have the overall intelligence to play like that
  • Options
    I'm expecting the gelling agent to show some signs of working so I'm going for a win - a messy 2-1.
  • Options
    3-1 benson fgs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    im going for 4-1 to the addicks with martin,benson,abbott,wagstaff on the score sheet!! COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!! im not going today can only afford to go to brighton at home as im moving house
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cblock[/cite]I apologise but I have snuck onto the website while hubby is asleep, he is catching the 7.53am train tomorrow to London from Exeter - and we live in Conrwall! - to see Charlton v Dagenham!!! I have been a charlton widow for almost 20 years now but have loads of Charlton friends and although i don't get out of Cornwall much but when we met up for a wedding in bromley in August, some of the people i had not seen for years it seemed like we had never been away. We are like a family and long may it last!!!
    You're not married to Oggy are you?! :-) Talking of whom, where has he been recently?
  • Options
    bibble 23 hours ago  quote# 38
    Us 5 - Daggers 0

Colchester aren't playing the daggers mate ;o)
  • Options
    Surely a win..... but then maybe......hope we do not lose...... not feeling to sure about this!

Come on Charlton, a nice game of controlled football with some early goals please!
  • Options
    The only outcome of this game is a home win on paper.but of course the game is played on grass.This MUST be the day Charlton put a gameplan together and come away with 3 points.1-0 home win with a non forward player getting the goal.Give God a big cheer today and a good welcome home.LENNIE = GOD.