Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What do we do?

I walked down towards the valley quite optimistic expecting 3 points and roughly 3 goals for us
the first 10/15 mins seemed to be proving my optimism correct as we attacked them wave after wave, then the first goal came and it was the one and only miguel llera (who I know gets a fair bit of stick on here) and we seemed well on our way.

Then, as seems to happen to often, we took our foot off the gas and didn't seem to have that attacking edge we had in the opening 10/15 mins.
Half time approached and we seemed happy to go in 1-0, but that wasn't to be, an awful penalty decision and you know the rest.

Second half was sluggish, and when we grabbed that 2nd goal I was screaming 'thank god for that' my happiness lasted a matter of seconds.

I left valley floyd road feeling deflated, and wondering what do we do?
Do we sack Parkinson? if so what good will that actually do? who will replace him ect, do we change tactics? Lower our ambitions and plan for next year? Throw the boots at players in the changing room to make them play better? Drop certain players and play others?

It's still early days and there is plenty of time to fix things, Norwich proved things can be turned around, as did Millwall.

But the real question is for charlton fans is....

Can we?

Comments

• Options
    yep, sack Parky. Get someone in before it's too late otherwise this season will go down the swanee. Murray will realise that if we don't do it this season then next, with more cutbacks, squad funding cut again, the loss of Semedo etc, will only make it more difficult. Parky has had more than a fair crack of the whip. Give it to someone with a semebelance of ideas of tactics, formations etc. Only then can we start looking forwards.
  • Options
    Nope....Personally Ive had enough now....I went today out of a misplaced sense of loyalty and in recognition of the anniversary of leaving the Valley and Ive come home again feeling miserable, its time for me to have a break I think.
  • Options
    I was suprised with todays crowd but it must have been boosted by freebies. If I'd paid to watch Notts County or today what incentive is there to go back. None. Until Parky goes then we won't go anywhere except backwards.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I was suprised with todays crowd but it must have been boosted by freebies. If I'd paid to watch Notts County or today what incentive is there to go back. None. Until Parky goes then we won't go anywhere except backwards.

I went on Saturday and have been given a ticket for Tuesday. After what I saw I am seriously considering giving the freebie to my son as I am not sure I can be bothered to watch another performance like that.
  • Options
    I missed the match Saturday. It was my Mrs' birthday treat (thank God). Sounds like Notts County again but without the flukey win.

Much easier to be philosphical when you have'nt spent most of Saturday and maybe 50 quid plus watching drivel you could watch on any local park for free but it is always a big risk sacking a manager and going through more instability.

Mr Murray is keeping the club solvent with his own family's dosh, so he can't afford to run a rest home for clueless managers. He has made clear that top six is the minimum target and knows that if we stay in this division the finances will only get worse.

As soon as top six looks unlikely Parky will go. My own prediction is he will be kicked out after a heavy home defeat to Brighton next month or at best will struggle on til Christmas.

Wish I could say I was looking forward to Tuesday night but I will be there....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]Nope....Personally Ive had enough now....I went today out of a misplaced sense of loyalty and in recognition of the anniversary of leaving the Valley and Ive come home again feeling miserable, its time for me to have a break I think.

See you then.
  • Options
    yes never question the standard of football or management and your reason for not wanting to go. If you do people on here like the above will comment
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]yes never question the standard of football or management and your reason for not wanting to go. If you do people on here like the above will comment

Rubbish.

You can question all you want nolly, but if someone says they are off what do they really expect, a medal?
  • Options
    I would be gutted that they feel like that tbh,its becoming a trend,i have not been this season myself will start going soon enough but watching loanees and tossers parading around the pitch along with the excuses from the manager im in no rush.
  • Options
    Sure your Charlton mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe I was a bit harsh then - sorry Tel - but I just don't think that turning your back now is the answer. If we all did that then there could well be another "last game at the Valley" very soon. But don't worry, people like me will do our best to keep the club afloat in whatever way we can until the likes of you and Tel decide you fancy coming back.

I just pray there's enough of us left to ensure that there is something for you to come back to.
  • Options
    laughable.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]laughable.

Moi, or the post before me?
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    To be fair nolly normally i would say the players need to take responsibilty. Bar a few expceptions such as Benson and Llera they all looked capable yesterday and all including those two look more than comitted. Whether it is tactics,, teamtalks or even basics like playing players out of position that is the problem im not sure but i still think we have a bunch of players who are more than capable of doing well at this level. I dont think it is even time needed to gel. I am bemused at how players like Wagstaff, Fry and Tuna can do well in games and do their job yet mysteriously not get a look in or get stuck in in awkward positions.

I wont ever stop going and paying to see them (making me a mug) but if i was going to it would be down to the management of Parkinson and RM at the moment and not necessarily the players on what i have seen this past couple of seasons.

I do hope that PP doesnt walk and leave us in the lurch and also i do hope that RM has some ideas lined up in case he does or if he intends to get rid of him.

Whilst RM has put in his personal fortune and is losing his money ( for which I will be eternally grateful) we as supporters are also more than contributing in that department when we hand over our dosh without which we would be bang in trouble.
  • Options
    Would also be interested
  • Options
    not you sir.
  • Options
    bleeding nora cblock post right before me,whats laughable is that having a gripe and my charlton credentials are questioned by cblock.
  • Options
    If you hav'nt been all season, how do you know how crap we are
  • Options
    wow how clever are you,indian smoke signals from family members as the games are being played
  • Options
    Wot?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cblock - I'd give it up if I were you. nolly is a bit handy and might work his cyber jab on you.

(plus, between you and me, you've got to be a bit wary of a fella who watches Steven Segal movies 24/7 and pretends to be Les Battersby in his spare time!)

;o)
  • Options
    you wot you wot you wot you wot
  • Options
    Your right , off -it, should have known better:-]
  • Options
    lotta of love has surfaced on this thread.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Maybe I was a bit harsh then - sorry Tel - but I just don't think that turning your back now is the answer. If we all did that then there could well be another "last game at the Valley" very soon. But don't worry, people like me will do our best to keep the club afloat in whatever way we can until the likes of you and Tel decide you fancy coming back.

I just pray there's enough of us left to ensure that there is something for you to come back to.

You obviously don't know me, so no problems. I also don't know you, so rather than react in the wrong fashion I will refrain from commenting any further.
  • Options
    The players are working hard, like some have posted bar 2 or 3 they are capable and should come good. I'll still keep going, its part of me through the good or bad times. We all need to stand firm together.
  • Options
    Come on guys...... I know it was a shit day at the office yesterday, and as I was sitting next to Saga getting more depressed as the match progressed, we are going to win nothing divided as fans and digging out everyone.

Even I would not suggest that Benson is not trying, and cannot be asked, wether he is the answer to our striker problem remains to be seen. What is for sure parky will be judged on the players he buys and Benson was his main target this summer.

Personally speaking I have severe reservations, but IF, and it is a big IF we win on Tuesday and he scores people will probably be talking about how we are only a few points off the playoff spot.

I admit that if we struggle to beat D&R at home that does not bode at all well for the season, and that the last few years have been dreadful.

We need a decent run, some creativity in midfield and a striker that can score when he has chances, or makes chances.

I am a half empty person, but it is early days, and besides bringing in loanees what can Parky really do!
  • Options
    Parky is an average manager who makes average to poor team selection with a resulting average performance and a seemingly mid table position. Average is not going to stop the clubs decline. We need a manager with a tactical brain and an ability to build a team that is more than the sum of its parts. Some of players Parkinson has brought are flawed or very average. The whole thing is not good enough.

I holding out for the long shot of Kelly Youga coming back at LB releasing Jackson into the midfield. Then maybe we may have some decent balance. Playing people out of position just doesn't help. It is all clutching at straws.

We have lost to Exeter, drawn to Tranmere and Dagenham and got a flukey win against Notts County. It does not bode well for when we play one of the better sides in the division.
  • Options
    MK Dons will be a big test, however before we played them last season we were in a similar state ( the 3/4 performances had been very poor in the games leading up to last Novembers meeting). Let's hope, we repeat last season and raise our game against the bigger dies of the division as if we do not, they will easily beat us. The next few games are very tough so we need some points and performances soon.
  • Options
    Yesterday reminded me alot of gillingham last year
    2-2 against a poor side who are most likely going to be relegated , we still ended in the top 6
    this is ok to happen a couple of times per season we should just not make a habit of it
    at least there was not much booing at the final whistle yesterday , but i feel that if things carry on the way they are then soon enough the boo's will start again
    i still have faith as there is still 38 games to go, but parky needs to do something and soon