Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What did he do to my team?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Parky's substitutions used to be a bit reactive - shutting the stable door jobs, but he has been better over the last season. I'd be interested to know whether Anyinsah was injured or not properly fit, before holding forth on the wisdom of subbing him.
    Said on the OS he had a back problem and told Parky he would struggle.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adrian[/cite]
    Even if the players he has put together (miraculously) succeed in getting us to the play-offs, Parky is not our man for the future. Those who believe in him
    think he has the capability of getting us back where we belong. This cannot be true, his shortcomings heavily outweigh his qualities.

I guess that largely depends on where one thinks we belong. We have a decent stadium but there is little to justify the suggestion that we are anything more than a slightly larger than average Championship team. On that basis I would suggest that promotion out of this division and establishing a mid table security over a two year period would be more than acceptable. I think that with a little luck (which all managers need) Parkinson is more than capable of achieving this.

I doubt that he will get us established as a mid table Premier League team, but I don't think we can realistically expect that from anyone.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]If one of our players is sent off, we know we're in for it cos he won't think of something clever to cope with probable change
    of other team's tactics.

All in all we tend to look defensively organised under Parky, and yesterday was no different, where it falls down is in the attacking play. .

Disagree BFR I think we looked vulnerable at the back and nervy at times and thought all D&R would have to do is run at us in the second half, particularly Lera and it would cause problems which they did unfortunatley.
  • Options
    I'm not suggesting that it's Fort Knox at the back, all in all we looked as secure as could be expected. True we conceded two goals but one was a dubious penalty and the other a last throw of the dice attack, but other than that the back four held and did its job. Bear in mind that we've got four defenders who are L1 quality and a rookie goalkeeper.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adrian[/cite]We don't have the money to attract, among others, an O'Neill (he's available), or an Allardyce (if he can handle Diouf, he can handle Akpo).

In my defence I'm still suffering from all day/night session so not on the ball, so perhaps the above is just sarcasm...or do you believe that if you had the money you could attract O'Neill or Allardyce!?
  • Options
    In 1980 after 8 games we were in 10th place with 9 points, we went on to win promotion...

In 1974 after 8 games we were in 5th place with 10 points, we went on to win promotion...

Try having a bit of patience and let the bloke do his job....
  • Options
    The Goalkeeper dived the right way for a slow penalty on the floor and didn't get to it. He really really should have.

Not the worse, but you can't claim he was the best.

As for Parky, he didn't start the slide but he isn't turning it around either.

But for those who call for patience, seriously when do you think the paitence can acceptably die out?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite]But for those who call for patience, seriously when do you think the paitence can acceptably die out?
    I think the point was it's the first time he's had an entire squad made up of only his own players. How long should he get with them? Is 8 league games enough?

If you bring in a new manager, how long would you give him? He won't have his own squad, but he'll be expected to improve on Parky's results very quickly.
  • Options
    Not surprised a spanner doesn't understand my sarcasm. But then, even my sis doesn't. Should've mentioned Mourinho or Wenga.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite]The Goalkeeper dived the right way for a slow penalty on the floor and didn't get to it. He really really should have.

Really? It was a perfectly placed penalty, I can't see many keepers anywhere saving that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For the record, having met both Kinsella & Breacker, IMO neither are No 1Management material and probably never will be . However, I am not willing to expand on that as I do not want to appear disrespectful to two of our team.