Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Curbs or Lennie please come back

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
After today, it is obvious our current manager lacks something. Personally I think it is intelligence. Harsh I know, but his reactions when things are not working, again tells me there is a problem. There are two former managers who did the business for us in the last 60 years, Sir Curbs and St Leonard of Lawrence. Could we please have one back, just to get us out of this stinking division at least.

Comments

• neither,no charlton ties,like to see someone fresh with ideas,lennie though if a choice of two.
  • Cant see Curbs coming back and Lennie hasnt managed for a long time.
    We can dream though.

I do like the idea of Ronnie Moore.
  • I hear Pardew is looking for a job
  • I think I still have the certificate when we done the collection for Ronnie Moore.
    It said 'I paid money to get Ronnie Moore'
    Ronnie Moore,Ronnie Moore, Ronnie Ronnie Moore............
    We got Tony Towner as well with Ronnie.
    Talk about going full circle!!!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I hear Pardew is looking for a job[/quote]

Don't even joke about that!
  • Leave it out uncle, I hear Pardew is the subject of a bidding war between wet spam and Liverpool.
  • [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Leave it out uncle, I hear Pardew is the subject of a bidding war between wet spam and Liverpool.

West ham 2 in 2 now and won the cup final today so they dont want him, funnier things have happened although i wouldn't wish that man on anyone. Think Parky has run out of ideas though and need change asap. Fresh faces fresh ideas. Martin Allen would do a job i think.
  • Martin Allen would do a job i think.

You are Joking?
  • [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]
    Martin Allen would do a job i think.

You are Joking?

No not at all why would i be?
  • edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]

You are Joking?

No not at all why would i be?

Well where shall we start.

He couldn't get MK Dons promoted out of league two.

Lasted three months at Leicester .

Went to Cheltenham Town where he lasted 1 year 1 month when he was suspended and eventually sacked.

Why do the words "fire" & " Frying Pan" spring to mind?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2010
    I'd rather have Woody Allen then Martin
  • Thats funny i didn't think jimmy flyod hasselbaink signed for Leicester because it was the chairman that wanted to sign him and not Allen. So when he turned up allen told him he wont be needing a medical because he didn't want to sign him. The chairman then tried to sign another forward who Allen didn't want and thats why he was sacked because he wouldn't do as he was told.
    He was sacked at Cheltenham for something that charges were dropped for.

Funny how you left out that his 1st job at barnet he built a team from scratch and got them to the top end of the table.
    Also funny how you forgot to mention he then saved brentford from relegation to get them to the play offs he also got them to the 5th round of the fa cup on two consecutive years.
    Seems like he's got what is needed not forgetting we aint really gonna get alex ferguson to come.
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Thats funny i didn't think jimmy flyod hasselbaink signed for Leicester because it was the chairman that wanted to sign him and not Allen. So when he turned up allen told him he wont be needing a medical because he didn't want to sign him. The chairman then tried to sign another forward who Allen didn't want and thats why he was sacked because he wouldn't do as he was told.
    He was sacked at Cheltenham for something that charges were dropped for.

Funny how you left out that his 1st job at barnet he built a team from scratch and got them to the top end of the table.
    Also funny how you forgot to mention he then saved brentford from relegation to get them to the play offs he also got them to the 5th round of the fa cup on two consecutive years.
    Seems like he's got what is needed not forgetting we aint really gonna get alex ferguson to come.

What a great CV . Fine lets take him.
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]I'd rather have Woody Allen then Martin

Would rather have Lilly Allen.
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]I'd rather have Woody Allen then Martin

Not if you were mia farrow you wouldn't He is more suited to norwich
  • Better cv than you made out
  • edited September 2010
    Would rather take Ray Allen and Lord Charles.
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Better cv than you made out

I just told you what he had been up to in the last five years. I could have got his school reports if you wanted.
    Martin Allen has a lousy track record and i wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.
  • edited September 2010
    A lousy track record- really?

Barnet and Brentford- excellent jobs, unlucky not to take Brentford to the Championship. Also helped launch careers of many non league players including Sodje and DJ Campbell.
    MK Dons- play offs- hardly vastly underachieved
    Leicester- victim of terrible ownership.
    Cheltenham- they had vastly overachived before he arrived by which time they were on a downward spiral. No comment on personal issues.

Not sure if he is better than Parky but a decent CV imho. Both have their shortfalls which is why one is a league 1 manager and one is only likely to get a job in League 1 or 2.
  • No you just told the bit you wanted to make your point more valid. Its about football not school reports so try not to talk like a cock. He is better than what is in charge at the moment, mr nice guy just dont get results. Just a guess but i'm doubting all the top managers aren't banging on the door for a job. So as i said given the laegue postion and the money available at the club Martin Allen or the like is as good as it gets' Failing that just keep sinking with nice guy parky.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]No you just told the bit you wanted to make your point more valid. Its about football not school reports so try not to talk like a cock. He is better than what is in charge at the moment, .

Lol - You wanna read some of your own posts mate before you start calling people cocks.
  • I would have a ruthless manager, someone like Steve Cotterill
  • steve cotterill ruthless lol
  • Can everyone please remember, Uncle is always right.

Ha ha
  • [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]Can everyone please remember, Uncle is always right.

Ha ha
    Now you have realised that will you stop stalking me you freak
  • Can't see Curbs returning and Lennie is probably too old to be Manager ( a Director of Football to a younger man possibly)

I've always thought Ronnie Moore deserved a crack at a bigger club , he knows the lower Divisions and held Rotherham in Championship for a few seasons, given the size of that club / gates that was almost as big an achievement as Curbs's exploits with us.

His record since has been reasonable , he left Oldham in a better state than he found them and was unfortunate to get sacked at Tranny after being five minutes from the play offs and last season he almost took the Millers up.

My misgivings now are his age ( I think he is 57 ) and the fact that apart from Cardiff and ourselves he has always worked in the North so I am not sure whether he would want to move south
  • Is 57 too old to manage? Wenger, Fergie, Redknapp, Bobby Robson? Not saying I want Parky out, we all knew this season would be much more of a struggle, the last few results have been very worrying indeed and after seeing the next few fixtures I can't see us getting much of a break. Sneaking the playoffs would do me this year.
  • At Charlton, over the years we have had some managers who have managed to get the most out of our players and turn them into a real team. Curbs and Lennie Lawrence being prime examples.

Parkinson does not strike me as one of those managers. He is an average manager who gets an average response out of an average team. The result is average. If we don't go up this year, we will lose more good players and get in more poor to L1 average players and we are looking at L1 relegation dog fight.

Curbs would sort this lot out into a decent team. A dream I know.
  • [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]

You are Joking?

Don't think Allen is a bad shout.
    From what i've seen of the squad so far i think we need a man with a big stick instead of the carrots that Parkinson's dishing out.
  • edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]

You are Joking?

Don't think Allen is a bad shout.
    From what i've seen of the squad so far i think we need a man with a big stick instead of the carrots that Parkinson's dishing out.

If we repace Parky with that clown then we will deserve to drop to league two despite what abusive people like Uncle say.