Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 1 - 0 MK Dons - Player ratings

Comments

• Options
    Worner - 7
    Francis - 6
    Doherty - 6.5
    Fortune - 7.5
    Fry - 7
    Wagstaff - 6
    Semedo - 8
    Racon - 8.5
    Jackson - 7
    Martin - 7
    Benson - 6.5

n/a Abbott - 6.5
    n/a Reid - 8
  • Options
    Wonder what these ratings would be if we had'nt sneaked the late goal??

Worner - 6
    Francis - 7.5 our joint best player on the night and still gets stick for not being a third tier right back and Zidane at the same time.
    Doherty - 6
    Fortune - 7.5 great to have him back instead of El Donko.
    Fry - 6
    Wagstaff 4 not sure why he was so useless last night
    Semedo - 7
    Racon - 6 hugely over rated but better than usual.
    Jackson -6
    Martin - 7 could be 10 if he slowed down 5% and used his brain more.
    Benson - 6 good goal and two good touches in the 2nd half but still a big worry for me

n/a Abbott - 4 contributes nothing
    n/a Reid - 7.5 injected pace , life, energy and some hope.
  • Options
    Worner - 7
    Francis - 6
    Doherty - 6.5
    Fortune - 7.5
    Fry - 6
    Wagstaff - 5
    Semedo - 7.5
    Racon - 8
    Jackson - 6.5
    Martin - 5.5
    Benson - 6

n/a Abbott - 6
    n/a Reid - 7.5
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Worner - 6.5 flapped at the ball on a couple of occasions. his general reflexes and general agility were better than Elliott's

Francis - 7 fairly solid and in the right place when needed.

Doherty - 5.5 Looked clumsy too often and so many balls over thee top with Benson and Martin up top? Not a bad performance but not good either.

Fortune -7 Calm and dominant. Very solid looking.

Fry - 7 Couple of moments of real class, good in the LB slot.

Wagstaff - 5.5 Not as terrible as people are making out just wish he would run it himself at times.

Semedo - 6.5 not as solid as he can be but always chasing and harrying and worked well with Racon.

Racon - 8 Good game Lots of tidy tackles and good passing.

Jackson - 6.5 A few good deliveries but a bit quiet out wide. You can see he wants to be in the middle.

Martin - 6 Exciting runs let down by poor delivery in the final third.

Benson - 6.5 Good game to score in. but did he do much up til then? I'll hold judgement.

n/a Abbott 5.5- Ran around like a headless chicken for 15-20 minutes

n/a Reid - 7 What a sublime cross. He and Waggy can be game changers but he has the brain for it too.

Parky - 7 Perfectly timed choice to bring on Reid. Did it's job and he gets credit for that.

Officials as a combined outfit 5 just the ref 2.
  • Options
    Worner - 7
    Francis - 6.5
    Doherty - 6.5
    Fortune - 7
    Fry - 7
    Wagstaff - 5.5
    Semedo - 6.5
    Racon - 7
    Jackson - 7
    Martin -6
    Benson -6.5

n/a Abbott -
    n/a Reid - 8 - he changed the game
  • Options
    Worner - 6 not very much to do -very suspect on crosses -fortunately didn't have to deal with many
    Francis - 7 very solid I thought even if a few balls were lacking finesse or control
    Doherty - 8 Untroubled
    Fortune - 8 Ditto
    Fry - 7 did his job well
    Wagstaff - 5 I think he is still better as an impact sub
    Semedo - 8 apart from one loss of possession near the end- I thought he was immense. That cost him a 9
    Racon - 7 ot as good as Saturday but decent all the same -2 good games on the trot -promising.
    Jackson - 6 looked decent on the ball but didn't do too much
    Martin - 6 Hard to play as even he doesn't know what he is going to do next half the time. you can see he is a very good player though - improve his decisions and he will be very influential for us in games ahead.
    Benson - 7 first 65 mins a 5, last 25 mins a 9 so will go with a 7 (middle for diddle)

n/a Abbott - 6 got stuck in
    n/a Reid - 8 We suddenly became an attacking force as soon as he was introduced. Great cross for the goal.

Ref: 3 and that's being generous - missed some decisions he shouldn't have if he wants to call himeslf a ref.
  • Options
    Worner -6.5 didnt do bad but maybe he should look to punch when he tries to catch sometimes
    Francis - 7 - very good defensivley but distribtion erratic a t best
    Doherty - 6.5
    Fortune - 7 - looked very good but never put under pressure
    Fry - 6.5
    Wagstaff - 4.5 - very poor game and I like the lad
    Semedo - 6.5 - good to see him making some forward runs - should have scored
    Racon -7.5 MOm - doing well now and I've never been a big fan of his
    Jackson - 6.5 - better than in defence
    Martin - 6.5 - works hard with little result
    Benson - 7 - doesn't get the credit for his hard work - but yippee he's up and running

n/a Abbott - 6.5 - his presence helped more than anything specific
    n/a Reid - 7 - going forward 9 - defensively 4 but that was OK in the context of this game
  • Options
    Worner 7 - solid
    Francis 6.5 - massive improvement in the last two games but his crossing wasn't as good as it has been yesterday
    Doherty 6.5 - solid
    Fortune 6.5 - didn't really notice him to be honest but I guess that's a good thing - as I certainly noticed Llera on Saturday, for the wrong reasons (ignoring goal)
    Fry 6.5 - solid again yesterday but I would like to see more of an attacking threat from one of the full backs
    Wagstaff 4.5 - really was poor yesterday, wasteful and don't really make a positive contribution. Good workrate but still flabbergasts me how many people prefer him to Sam.
    Semedo - 6.5 - consistent, did his usual thing, short simple passes, would like to see an extra edge attacking wise though
    Racon 8 - seems a lot calmer on the ball the last couple of games after turning into a bit of a frantic hoofer for a while
    Jackson 7 - not sure where his best position is, think he would be better on LM for away games to solidify things, Reid's pace is better for home games though
    Martin 7 - always looks a threat, again I don't think he is benefiting from being shoved all over the pitch, won't see the best of him until he is settled in one position (don't know where that is)
    Benson 6.5 - decent finish and even in the 5 minutes after his goal looked a different player with a bit of confidence, runs about a lot but needs to make sure games don't drift him by though I want to see him making an impact and putting himself about more

Abbot 5.5 - didn't have a vast impact but worked hard
    Reid 8 - set up the goal, great pace as ever, needs to put a cross in earlier sometimes when he has it on his left foot rather than keep turning people inside out
  • Options
    Worner - 6.5 - nothing to do, good distribution, 1 dropped cross though, made up for it though with follow up
    Francis - 6.5 - Solid if unspectacular
    Doherty - 6 - Nothing to do
    Fortune - 6 - Again nothing to do, massive jump up from Llera who would have made the defense really work last night
    Fry - 6.5 - Got alot of time for fry, gonna be a good player, shame he's not ours
    Wagstaff - 5 - Started game brightly then annoymous until first 2 min of 2nd half then annoymous till subbed
    Semedo -7.5 - Best he's played this season, harried and hustled, blistering shot
    Racon - 8 - MOM best I can remember him playin in a Charlton shirt
    Jackson - 6 - Sured up midfield, great left peg but didnt have chance show any attackin prowess
    Martin - 6 - Runs himself into the ground, love to watch him play skill&desire by the bucket load, just no real end product
    Benson -6.5 - Well taken goal, but missed a great chance earlier in half and until reid and abbot came on ddint appear to link well with anyone, esp 2nd half

n/a Abbott - 6 - Looked hungry when came on, think he'll do alrght, got in the right position is benson had missed chance
    n/a Reid - 7 - great little cameo, good cross for goal, as much as he is our biggest threat really cant see him havin that impact for longer than a 15 min spell
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Nicholas[/cite]
    Martin - 4 He seems to be a poor mans Ambrose. his decision making and final ball is so poor. he did look a good player when he first came but I think were starting to see why Roy Keane doesn't rate him. hopefully he proves me wrong and comes good.

Wasn't there last night so can't comment on his performance in this match, but Martin has put in more effort in every match that I've seen him play than Ambrose did in 4 years with us.

Sorry you are right He is a hard worker unlike that tw*t Ambrose, the reason I compare the two is neither of them rarley produced anything for the forwards. Martins football in the final 3rd has been poor. You can see he has potential but you can also see why Roy Keane was so frustrated with him and let him go out on loan in the first place. I hope i'm wrong and he comes good. even on here on the player ratings for most games all that ever seems to be said about him is either worked hard but in the final 3rd was poor, or started well but faded.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Worner - 7
    Francis -7
    Doherty -7
    Fortune -8.5
    Fry -7.5
    Wagstaff - 6
    Semedo - 7
    Racon -7.5
    Jackson - 6.5
    Martin - 7
    Benson -7

n/a Abbott -6
    n/a Reid - 8
  • Options
    Worner - 6 Little to do but think that if Elliot has "flapped" at balls as he did and kicked the ball up in the air rather than long he would have been marked much lower. I like Worner and think he's been a good signing for nothing from non-league. Well done to the Agent who recommended him to us as obviously Parky can't have known about him ;- )

Francis - 6.5 good defensively and always looked to get forward. Balls into area weren't as good as Sat but it was he who put the ball on Benson head for his near miss

Doherty - 6 Did what he had to which was little but did it well
    Fortune - 6.5 Not because he was poor but just because he was given so little to do. Look tired near the end to be expected but great to see him back. He will have harder games but really beefs up the squad and gives PP a selection headache. Glad he got a good reception from the fans

Fry - 6 Solid. Him and JJ give us a solid left side.

Wagstaff - 5 Big fan but not at the races last night. yes his FB was good and he tracked back and helped Francis well but just didn't penetrate. He will come again.

Semedo - 7.5 "He comes from Portugal..."

Racon - 8 Really stepped up and showed us that he can influence a game against a quality midfield

Jackson - 6. 5 Every corner looked dangerous and his prescence on the left gives the whole midfield a more solid look. Interesting dilemma of Reid or JJ

Martin - 6 More hard work and skill but too many poor decisions. When he broke in the first half he was half a yard ahead of his defender but didn't have the pace or strength to shake him off and was eventually stopped albeit with a foul. Late on (post goal) he got clear, Benno and Abbott were running in for a tap in and he put his cross too close to the keeper. Could be a great player for us but he isn't yet.

Benson - 7 Good goal and hard work. Abbott might suit him more as a partner but let's hope the floodgates have opened

n/a Abbott - 6 thought he worked hard, troubled them and gave us something different

n/a Reid - 7.5 great cross for goal and was direct, just what you want off the bench against a tiring side.

Parky 7 forced to change the team yet again due to injuries but used his subs well and got the result

MK Dons, yes you had more possession but passing the ball in your own half means nothing.

Ref: He was another poor one but he got it right when Martin was pulled back. By the time of the foul another defender had got back so a yellow card was correct. Otherwise you had no idea which way he or the lino would point for a foul or throw.
  • Options
    Worner - 7 Still not sure I want him there for the whole month and he looks suspect on crosses
    Francis -6.5 Getting better
    Doherty -7 Linked up well with Fortune
    Fortune -8 Superb , such a difference . Unlike Llera I felt confident watching Fortune . Can he play 2 games a week though ?
    Fry -7 Defensively better than Jackson
    Wagstaff -6 Disappointing
    Semedo -7 Sound
    Racon -7.5 Felt he played with confidence and is looking a lot better
    Jackson -7 Looked more natural and helped keep us solid . Dead ball kicks seem to be his speciality. Unlucky to be subbed
    Martin - 6.5 Looked dangerous at times
    Benson - 8 Strikers are judged by scoring and he took his goal well

n/a Abbott - Looked ok
    n/a Reid - Impact sub and Boy did he make an impact
  • Options
    Worner - 6 Had little to do, only one real attempt on goal needed saving
    Francis - 5
    Doherty -5
    Fortune -7
    Fry -5
    Wagstaff -5
    Semedo -6
    Racon -7
    Jackson - 5
    Martin - 5
    Benson 6
  • Options
    Worner - 7.5: Made a few great saves again. Wasn't tested much but he is looking confident and extremely accomplished by the game at the moment.
    Francis - 7.5: Can't remember him doing anything wrong expect for a few over hit crosses and passes. Other than that, very assured defensively
    Doherty - 7.5: Show a few spells of pace in the game which was suprising but good to see. The Doc is the Doc, he does what he is meant to and does it really well.
    Fortune - 8: Thrilled for John to come through the game and play that well on his return not only with us but first team football in general. Top man.
    Fry - 7.5: Showed that he can play at left back without any problems, some great tackles and made a few decent runs forward as well.
    Wagstaff - 6: Just wasn't in the game whatsoever, he tried you can't doubt that. He had a half chance to get through when showing his pace, but it wasn't his day.
    Semedo - 8.5: By far his best performance of the season from Jose. He was pushing forward more last night and could have scored too. Very strong in midfield.
    Racon - 8.75: My man of the match as he just nicks it off Semedo. Personally I thought this was one of his great performances, ran the show and dominated.
    Jackson - 7.5: Didn't do anything wrong, put in some quality balls into the box for them to attack but nothing came from it. Consistent good footballer.
    Martin - 8: Personally he feels he is better in the centre and I agree. He could have scored when he was through but was unlucky. Good performance, great player.
    Benson - 8.25: Showed some really good hold up play and should have got us a pen late on but for the crap ref. Scored a good goal as I predicted he would score. Now he has got one, his off and running. Confidence is growing day by day, everytime he hits the back of the net.

Abbott - 7: Done well when he came on and probably would have stuck the goal away himself if Benson wasn't infront of him. His goal will come.
    Reid - 8: Changed the game when he came on, his pace against tiring defenders was a big factor too. Put in a great ball for the goal. He loves us fans.

Looking forward to going away at Brentford now. Let's carry this win on and push up the table. COYR!
  • Options
    Worner - 6.5 not troubled all night
    Francis - 6 still not sure about him
    Doherty - 7 steady
    Fortune - 8 calm and composed all night
    Fry - 7 made some good runs, great tackle late on
    Wagstaff - 4 just did not get in the game
    Semedo - 7.5 back to his best last night great shot on goal
    Racon - 7 gettting better with each match
    Jackson - 6.5 sometimes looked a little lost in midfield
    Martin - 7.5 never stops running, end product needs refining
    Benson - 7 took goal well, hope its one of many to come

n/a Abbott - 5 looks flat footed at times
    n/a Reid - 7 changed the game when he came on
  • Options
    Worner - 7.5
    Francis - 7
    Doherty - 7
    Fortune - 7.5
    Fry - 7.5
    Wagstaff - 6
    Semedo - 7
    Racon - 8
    Jackson - 6.5
    Martin - 6.5
    Benson - 6

n/a Abbott - 5
    n/a Reid - 7.5
  • Options
    Worner - 6.5
    Francis - 6.5
    Doherty - 7
    Fortune - 7
    Fry - 7
    Wagstaff - 5
    Semedo - 8
    Racon - 8
    Jackson - 6
    Martin - 6
    Benson - 7

n/a Abbott - 6.5
    n/a Reid - 8
  • Options
    Worner - 6.5 nothing really to do.
    Francis - 7 a lot better, still plenty of room to improve but getting there.
    Doherty - 7 solid
    Fortune - 7.5 excellent to see him back, looked solid although will have tougher games
    Fry - 7 good again, like the look of Fry as CB or LB.
    Wagstaff - 5 poor, barely touched the ball and when he did he did not do a lot.
    Semedo - 7.5 better than previous games
    Racon - 8.5 really good start to the game, starting to rediscover performances of early last season.
    Jackson - 7 better in midfield, linked up well and couple of decent crosses.
    Martin - 5.5 if he kept things simple and not trying to be Ronaldo every time he gets the ball, would be a better player. Thought he was quite poor tbh and early promise is fading.
    Benson - 7.5 good goal, but before that he was average. ball did not stick enough and he struggled to make an impact, jury very much still out. Saying that he is a goalscorer and scored so job done.
  • Options
    Worner - 7
    Francis - 6.5
    Doherty - 6.5
    Fortune - 7
    Fry - 6.5
    Wagstaff - 6
    Semedo - 7
    Racon - 7
    Jackson - 6.5
    Martin - 7
    Benson - 7.5

n/a Abbott - 6
    n/a Reid - 7.5
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Worner - 6
    Francis - 6
    Doherty - 6
    Fortune - 7
    Fry - 7
    Wagstaff - 5
    Semedo - 8
    Racon - 7
    Jackson - 6
    Martin - 7
    Benson - 7
  • Options
    Worner - 6 One good interception, but not convincing on crosses.
    Francis - 7 Continues to improve, some intelligent footballing decision making.
    Doherty - 7.5 Easy to take for granted.
    Fortune - 7.5 pretty flawless for a bloke who hasn't played for so long.
    Fry - 7 Good work throughout, set up Reid for the goal.
    Wagstaff - 5 Not his finest hour, anonymous.
    Semedo - 8 Immense
    Racon - 8 but, just shades Jose for MoM, now play like that for the next ten games!!
    Jackson - 7 Adjusted position, adjusted well.
    Martin - 7.5 100%, could be when he gets on a steak he will turn matches.
    Benson - 6.5 The goal earns the extra half mark

n/a Abbott - 6 OK
    n/a Reid - 7 Impact

MK Dons 6, Dagenham were better
    Our fans 7 pretty loyal
    Their Fans 5.5 pretty poor

Officials 6 average

Parkinson 7.5 We won, got some players to play well, subs when really needed, errrm oh and did I say a win?
  • Options
    Worner - 7
    Francis - 7
    Doherty - 7
    Fortune - 8
    Fry - 8
    Wagstaff - 6
    Semedo - 7
    Racon - 7
    Jackson - 7
    Martin - 7
    Benson - 8

n/a Abbott - 6
    n/a Reid - 7
  • Options
    Worner 7
    Francis 6.5
    Doherty 5.5
    Fortune 7
    Fry 7
    Wagstaff 4
    Semedo 6.5
    Racon 7
    Jackson 6.5
    Martin 6
    Benson7.5

Abbott 6
    Reid 8
  • Options
    Worner - 7
    Francis - 6.5
    Doherty -6.5
    Fortune -7.5
    Fry -7.5
    Wagstaff -6
    Semedo -7
    Racon -7
    Jackson -7
    Martin -7
    Benson -6.5

n/a Abbott -6
    n/a Reid 7.5
  • Options
    Worner - 7 About the same height as Given. Hope he turns out as good
    Francis - 8 Just gets better and better. When he popped up on the left wing...
    Doherty - 7 Strong and steady game
    Fortune - 7 Like he had never been away
    Fry - 7 Looks fantastic for his age.
    Wagstaff - 6 Looked a bit flat. Maybe had orders to hold position
    Semedo - 7.5 Workrate bettered only by Martin
    Racon - 8 Sensational
    Jackson - 7 Seemed to enjoy not being at full back
    Martin - 8 Love this guy. Workrate second to none.
    Benson - 9 Won the game.

n/a Abbott - 6 Looked fit and healthy. Has been injured you know.
    n/a Reid - 6 One cross does not make the man
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Worner - 7 His shot stopping looked excellent in the warm up. Only bad point is that he looks to roll the ball out too quick like a 5 a-side goalie. I like that at times but sometimes you need to hold onto the ball until players have pushed up properly. He rolled it out to Fry way to early, when there was nothing on and the MK Dons players were barely past the box, hence Fry almost disastrously got caught out.
    Francis - 5 A willingness to hit an early left to right ball being his main positive; and they were 50/50 rubbish/good. Apart from that dodgy simple passing, but did get a few crunching tackles in 2nd half.
    Doherty - 7 Thank God for the Doc & Forch. Both never seemed troubled at any point.
    Fortune - 7 Thank God for the Doc & Forch. Both never seemed troubled at any point.
    Fry - 7.5 Almost an 8, but the error between him and Worner could so easily have led to us undeseverdly losing. Excellent with his winger, loose enough to send him down the line but always just tight enough to block the cross. Good distribution, was miles better than Francis in every facet of his game.
    Wagstaff - 6 Annoymous offensively, apart from a couple of blocked shots. But he works his heart out for the team. Did an amazing tackle in the second half which was penalised... atrocious refereeing.
    Semedo - 7.5 Work rate immense, but too often having to do everything in the middle. And he got a good shot off! Three seasons ago he'd not have shot and not have passed, wasting the opportunity.
    Racon - 5 Very close to a 4. He always, always when we have the ball runs in the hole or out to the channels, in the hope of the perfect pass. Usually these are well personelled areas for the opposition, and no one can pass to him. Then the move breaks down and he's out of position. This sort of play is IMBECILIC, you do this in a phase when your opposition is in dissarray or the final ten-twenty minutes when play is loose. Semedo has no simple pass to make, so the ball has to go back or slow. Occasionally when the ball broke down he was then in a good position, but this run for the perfect ball 99% of the time breaks our play down. Sorry but for me Racon, is a rare pick and Jackson is miles better as a cm.
    Jackson - 7 Willingness to cross and cross early must be the reason Parky put him there for Benson. Had a good game but want a reliable cm next to Semedo. He has to move inside, and then hopefully we can have more positive passing as one of his assets is great switch passing and channel balls..... plus with Benson's excellent movement he'll find him unlike Racon running aimlessly into Benson's space.
    Martin - 6 Would have been a 4 but for sheer bloody mindedness and determination. I love his willingness and never stop attitude. His closing down in the second half was excellent. But his first, second and third touches were often errant or just shite. He broke down many of our excellent attacks in the first half with poor touch. Still he was the one trying, and others went through a poor touch patch in the first half without trying anything.
    Benson - 6 Looked a much better player when Abbot came on and physically knocked the MK Dons defence back. Then Benno dropped deep to excellent effect, linking play properly for the first time in the match. An excellent finish. Looked absolutely cream crackered at the end.

n/a Abbott - 7 Major factor, with his peculiar tackles the MK Dons defenders looked scared. Gave Benno much more space.
    n/a Reid - 8 Game winner. Excellent player only problem being he can get a cross off earlier sometimes. Coming inside did mean he setup the goal, but he had free range against his opposite fb and should have created a little more. Small gripe because he always looked more likely to cross than Sam.
  • Options
    For those at the game, ratings out of ten, half marks allowed. Copy and paste the below:

Worner - 7
    Francis - 6.5
    Doherty - 7
    Fortune -7.5
    Fry - 6
    Wagstaff - 5.5
    Semedo - 6.5
    Racon - 7
    Jackson - 6
    Martin - 6
    Benson - 7.5

n/a Abbott - 7
    n/a Reid - 8.5
  • Options
    Worner - 7
    Francis - 5.5
    Doherty - 7
    Fortune - 7.5
    Fry - 6
    Wagstaff - 5
    Semedo - 7
    Racon - 7.5
    Jackson - 6.5
    Martin - 6.5
    Benson - 7

n/a Abbott - 7
    n/a Reid - 8
  • Options
    Worner - 6 - Didn't have a save to make and flaps at crosses which is a worry
    Francis - 7 - I am beginning to like this lad, just needs to improve the consistency of his crosses
    Doherty - 6 - ok under no pressure, does not look as good as i thought he would
    Fortune - 9 - did not put a foot wrong, looked a class above
    Fry - 7 - steady
    Wagstaff - 5 - didn't really contribute in this game
    Semedo - 8 - did well against a good MK Dons midfield
    Racon - 7 - would have taken him off towards the end and put Jackson in middle
    Jackson - 7 - would be better in CM
    Martin - 6 - tries hard but very ineffective
    Benson - 8 - good performance and well deserved goal - hopefully first of many

n/a Abbott - 6 - tried hard to little effect
    n/a Reid - 8 - played a few mins, set up goal with peach of a cross