Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peterborough (away) sat 13th november

Comments

• Options
    Will be there, Brother in Law lives in Peterborough so bringing him along.
  • Options
    I wanna go to this for sure! where do i book the train tickets from, i have never been away by train
  • Options
    CommentAuthorValley McMoist CommentTimeOct 4th 2010 quote# 8
    Copy URL as:
    Text
    Html
    BBCodeYou'll need to wear body armour and tin helmets. Peterborough isn't a particularly nice place and not very welcoming
    Hardly Beirut. We will be fine
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]I wanna go to this for sure! where do i book the train tickets from, i have never been away by train

http://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/combinedmatrix.aspx?Command=TimeTable
  • Options
    just search london kings cross going to peterborough on thetrainline and i think there are some singles for around £8/9
  • Options
    One of the trips that was always entertaining back in the 70s.Was it a dog factory or a maggot farm the smell was out off this world.Can not recall a Charlton victory in Peterbrough so will give it amiss,hopefully come back with the points this time.See you up in Rochdale.
  • Options
    They seem to ship goals -can they handle Benno and Joe - I'm sure we will get a few so it will be down to our defence to keep theirs to a minimum -very confident about this one -feels like they can turn the rubbish teams over but will have a bit more trouble against the good sides.
  • Options
    Will definitely be there. Early train - Stella for breakfast. Arrive at 10.20 and straight over to the Swiss Cottage public house, carefully avoiding the naughtystep. Then on to the terraces. It will be just like being 18 again. Handsome.
  • Options
    if you go to the swiss cottage you wont be seeing the game, good luck
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For anyone who wants a free ticket in the home end, you can enter this competition. Difficult question.

I think the answer is Aldershot
  • Options
    We are going, and staying in nice hotel in Cambridge on Saturday night:)
  • Options
    I really want to go to this one but my mate has pulled out. Still want to go, only problem is I'm a small woman and dont fancy drinking by myself in a town I've never been to. So, any lifers going and if so where are you drinking before hand? Also, where is everyone sitting/standing?
  • Options
    heard of a pub boat called charters which sounds okay, beer then football then it does chinese!! , 6 of going from the west stand noisy box
  • Options
    Likely it'll be Charters for me too.
  • Options
    i'll get the prawn crackers in

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/peterborough_united/charters_pub.htm
  • Options
    Cheers tomo

I'll get you a pint
  • Options
    OK. Count me in then.
    I'll book it all now.
  • Options
    Ok. I get there at 2, be in the pub at 15 past.
    COYR.
  • Options
    Hi guys should be a good game saturday , depends which of our teams turns up on the day and trust me we will either be awesome or awful .

With regards to distance from the station its less than half a mile and ten minute walk maximum .

For those of you that want a couple of drinks before hand here are my suggestions for you ,

The Grapevine , (city centre pub) recently re furbished and bang in the town centre , a 3 minute walk from the train station . Run by Pete and Jan it has a pool table , 4 screens showing sky sports and offers a range of Beers , lagers and real ales , children are also welcome accomapnied by adults for those iof you that are coming down as a family .

The Peacock , opposite the ground next door to KFC , has car parking available for those who are driving down , again showing Sky sports and serving Pukka Pies and baguettes pre game , lager at £1.99 a pint .

Both the above Pubs are away friendly and you can expect a friendly welcome and a bit of friendly banter .

Hope you all have a enjoyable trip and a good day , apert from taking the 3 points back with you .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If any of you want further info or directions for any of the above dont hesistate to ask .
  • Options
    cheers for the info
  • Options
    By the way, Gary Johnson is a manager a few of us had an inkling may have ended up here at some point. What has been the general consensus of him so far ?
  • Options
    im gettin coach there and back what time do u think the coach will get back to charlton after the game?
  • Options
    Lets all hope the 'chavs' (as many people are calling them) go and they can get 1000 sounding like 3000 again! without name calling this time tho lol. game on!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]This pub looks spot on

That it does, might head there after as my train isn't until 7.
  • Options
    Gary Johnson has divided opinion so far , doesnt seem to have a plan B and some of his signings are woeful , eg Nana , some strange selections and substitutions especially when things not going well .

With reference the Brewery Tap , they wont let anyone in wearing football shirts before or after the game !
  • Options
    is the swiss cottage still a moody pub where all your boys drink ?
  • Options
    No the swiss cottage for the last 4 or 5 years has been a locals pub , most of our so called boys are on banning orders ,