Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Restaurant Recommendation

2»

Comments

• Options
    id like to try there too....
  • Options
    I guess I am one of the "younger" members, only 19. However still old enough to dine a 'laydee' but whether I wana be spending alot of money on a third date is another question... she might get the idea i'm mr money bags!!!

I like the Italian restaurant so may go with that! Good suggestions though so at least I know where to go now in London!

If anyone is interested in something abit different for a meal try Beni Hana in London. Cook Japanese food on a hot plate infront of you. Very nice.. expensive though!
  • Options
    also ping pong if you like japanese/dim sum on great marlborough street
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I reckon we could all start an eating out in london website for charlton fans only lol.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite]I guess I am one of the "younger" members, only 19. However still old enough to dine a 'laydee' but whether I wana be spending alot of money on a third date is another question... she might get the idea i'm mr money bags!!!

I like the Italian restaurant so may go with that! Good suggestions though so at least I know where to go now in London!

If anyone is interested in something abit different for a meal try Beni Hana in London. Cook Japanese food on a hot plate infront of you. Very nice.. expensive though!

no offfence meant tom but i know at 19 i would have been a bit intimidated by some of those places mentioned (and who would want to spend 150 quid on a 3rd date). now i just walk in to a restaurant like i own the place even though i cant actually even afford one of their starters.
  • Options
    Nah no offence taken but i been to some pretty smart restaurants in the past so I think there all reasonable places. Shame pay day isn't abit sooner thats all!

And age don't matter, we never grow up anyway!
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    If you're 19, then get her down to KFC mate... for some chicken dippa's
  • Options
    To be honest I'd be really selfish and take her to somewhere where I would enjoy the meal, especially if I was paying for it, so it would be a decent Mexican nearest one to me I think is the one in Cuxton Valley.
  • Options
    Christ at 19 i wouldn't have bothered ;-)

You can't go wrong with Zizzis, Cafe Uno, Pizza Express if you're after that kind of food.
  • Options
    Tom, try this website:

www.toptable.co.uk

There's a few places that if you book through them they'll knock up to 50% off the food bill. Some of the special offers are a bit cack - you get a fixed menu which isn't as good as the stuff they give the "regular" punters, but the ones that give you a % off the food bill are no brainers. Give you a chance to go for something more impressive but keep it in budget.

I want to find out how it goes now. Gory details. Vicarious living, for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You know how tempting the KFC offer is!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite]You know how tempting the KFC offer is!!!

You know it makes sense, just ring your chosen one up and ask them to reserve a table for you and stick a candle on it.... also get them to put extra gravy on her chips
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]To be honest I'd be really selfish and take her to somewhere where I would enjoy the meal, especially if I was paying for it, so it would be a decent Mexican nearest one to me I think is the one in Cuxton Valley.

Chicquitos!! Good restaurant that, as long as they're not too busy or you get really lousy service
  • Options
    Went hakkasan a few years back with the missus, had a heart attack when 2 drinks at the bar came to £17.50.

Very nice place and lovely food but very expensive. You take a girl here and she cannot be anything else but impressed.
  • Options
    I would say Maxwells in Covent Garden would be a good bet.Never had a bad meal there and prices are average.American diner sort of place.Gorgeous racks of ribs & plenty of choice.
  • Options
    Gorgeous racks. Yum
  • Options
    Le pont de la tour? or Bengal Clipper - Shad Thames.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]Le pont de la tour? or Bengal Clipper - Shad Thames.

took my mrs to le pont years ago on her birthday and had the french waiter come out with a birthday cake and he sang happy birthday to her too!

and as i was checking out the wine list,i realised that champagne was much cheaper than their wine and got some.she was very impressed but i didn't let on.
  • Options
    Anyone know how our Tom got on?

Did he "seal the deal" - or did the KFC bargain bucket not go down too well in the end? And what about the food?