Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Italy v Serbia. Abandoned.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]13 seconds in..

my first lol of the day
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]Enlighten me then

and me please. Watched a few times and still none the wiser.
    He tried to ride over a kerb and feel over.

The flag they burned looked like the Albanian one??

The Serbs need to chill out, it's only a game guys!! I'm now not too sure about Montenegro away!
  • Options
    The flag they were burning was an Albanian one. And they were chanting 'Kosovo is Serbia'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]It did look politically motivated to me.

The two eejets sat on the screen in their masks holding up some flag?

But the team applauding them & giving them the victory sign? Whats that all about.

Tbh Sparrows right. Saw worse in Hungary with their lot.

You went to Buda?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]It did look politically motivated to me.

The two eejets sat on the screen in their masks holding up some flag?

But the team applauding them & giving them the victory sign? Whats that all about.

Tbh Sparrows right. Saw worse in Hungary with their lot.

You went to Buda?
    She was their secret weapon!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]Enlighten me then

The Serbs need to chill out, it's only a game guys!! I'm now not too sure about Montenegro away!

Im know that but what has that video got to do with the Italy V Serbia game?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]Enlighten me then

Im know that but what has that video got to do with the Italy V Serbia game?

Its a video of the streets around the stadium. see the flashing lights, they are police...obviously someone trying to video the trouble and just happens to film a donut fall off his bike!
  • Options
    The thing to understand is that to these people it isn't 'just a game'. An element of Red Star's hooligan base were involved in the notorious 'Arkan Tigers' paramilitary unit that comitted attrocities during the civil war out there - in fact the spark that lit the war was trouble that occured when the Croatian Dynamo Zagreb were playing Serbian Red Star Belgrade in 1990. A Zagreb player, after seeing one of the team's supporters attacked by a Police Officer, karate kicked him and knocked him to the ground, allowing the fan to escape. A plaque can be found outside the ground today praising the supporters who 'started the war' with Serbia! The Red Star players had to be airlifted out. Anyway if anyone is planning a visit to Poland, then these are the kind of people you may find yourself caught up amongst. Personally, I'm planning to invest in a big LED TV! By the way any 'wall fans thinking of going out to Poland to confront this particular mob - good luck!
  • Options
    A Zagreb player, after seeing one of the team's supporters attacked by a Police Officer, karate kicked him and knocked him to the ground, allowing the fan to escape.

The legend that is Zvonomir Boban.
  • Options
    all looks like handbags to me...

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Italian police who seemed quite keen to let the Serbians get on with it in the ground weren't so accommodating afterwards when the Serbs were finally let out of the ground to get on their coaches

Carnage
  • Options
    seen worse round my gaff on bonfire night.
  • Options
    I think those crtiticising the Italian officials should probably hold back until we find out exactly what went on and how they got in. I have found trying to get into games in Italy a lot harder than anywhere in this country, security checkpoints, metal detectors, ID checks. They allow nothing to be brought in (even lighters).

And this season they have introduced ID's for away fans travelling to games, if you don't have one then you won't be allowed in. So lets wait before we start accusing them of letting the Serbians run riot. I'm sure plenty of English fans we tell you the Italian Police aren't a soft touch when it comes to visitors from other countries.
  • Options
    Serbian "supporters" involved = absolute scum. Please take your war-mongering elsewhere. Oh, you already have!

Italian policing = utterly inadequate. Whilst England supporters are routinely mis-treated and have been relieved of coins upon entry (ie. robbed), the politically motivated idiots last night were allowed to bring balaclavas and flares (can't imagine how they could possibly be used as weapons), gather en masse, and run amock in the city. Compare this with how a coach load of Tranmere supporters will be stopped at a roundabout on the outskirts of Hull and frsiked for alcohol etc. miles from the ground. Not for the first time the Italian authorities appear to have got this hopelessly wrong, yet will doubtlessly be allowed to carry on regardless until, God forbid, we have another disaster on our hands.

People who find this all quite exciting really = stop, just for a moment to consider how you'd feel if one of those flares or the person waving it, took your eye out. It really isn't very glamorous up close.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite] I'm sure plenty of English fans we tell you the Italian Police aren't a soft touch when it comes to visitors from other countries.
    They were the last time I was there (mind you that was 20 years ago).
  • Options
    What gets me is that if it England were involved in trouble like this, numpties like Platini et al at UEFA would be calling for England to be thrown out of the tournament. As it's Italy, not a dickie bird from them!
  • Options
    SLL

I was

FOD

Lol ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]I think those crtiticising the Italian officials should probably hold back until we find out exactly what went on and how they got in. I have found trying to get into games in Italy a lot harder than anywhere in this country, security checkpoints, metal detectors, ID checks. They allow nothing to be brought in (even lighters).

In a game against Atalanta a few years back, Inter Milan fans nicked a scooter off an away fan and tried to throw it off the upper tier. If you can get a scooter into a game, a few flares, balaclavas and some wire cutters should be a doddle!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Simon E[/cite]What gets me is that if it England were involved in trouble like this, numpties like Platini et al at UEFA would be calling for England to be thrown out of the tournament. As it's Italy, not a dickie bird from them!

Zzzzz....

Let's see what action UEFA take first before making the kneejerk response. I think the Serbian FA might be in more trouble than Italy's FA.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]I think those crtiticising the Italian officials should probably hold back until we find out exactly what went on and how they got in. I have found trying to get into games in Italy a lot harder than anywhere in this country, security checkpoints, metal detectors, ID checks. They allow nothing to be brought in (even lighters).

In a game against Atalanta a few years back, Inter Milan fans nicked a scooter off an away fan and tried to throw it off the upper tier. If you can get a scooter into a game, a few flares, balaclavas and some wire cutters should be a doddle!

.....and we can't even get a bottle of water with the top still on in to a game! LOL!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nasty stuff, water. It kills millions every year. Ban it I say:

http://descy.50megs.com/descy/webcred/webcred/dhmo.html
  • Options
    SLL.
    This is a thead about something not related to your poxy tin pot club.
    So why did you have to mention them?
    Boringgg
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]SLL

I was

Was you there by "accident" then? (a mate at work was travelling Europe and arrived in Buda for 3 days not knowing 3,000 Millwall were just about to do the same!)

A cracking trip. Have been back since and Buda is a decent city, albeit a little backward at times!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

Nearly 10 years ago, and they didn't try and throw it off the top tier, they did. Inter got fined massively and forced to play behind closed door for that and other fan problems back around then. The authoriities over there have done a lot to try and force the problems out of the game although unfortunately some of them are a bit over the top and others do not work but in general it has calmed down recently in Italy.

I'm off to the San Siro next month, I will let you know how easy it is to sneak a scooter in.
  • Options
    If that had been at the SoL those clowns sitting on the fence would have been toast within seconds...

The old bill don't take prisoners up here, those Serbs would have got exactly what they were after, a fucking good hiding...
  • Options
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]SLL

I was

Was you there by "accident" then? (a mate at work was travelling Europe and arrived in Buda for 3 days not knowing 3,000 Millwall were just about to do the same!)

A cracking trip. Have been back since and Buda is a decent city, albeit a little backward at times!

few millwall mates went and said it was an experience they'll never forget. said the police basically herded the millwall fans onto a train. They new what station to get off but the OB made them get off one stop earlier and walk to the ground. when they got off and walked down to an underpass there was loads of Hungarian fans waiting for them and the police f*cked off!
  • Options
    sounds familiar as an attitude to English supporters abroad with clubs and with the national team, the only decent OB were the Ukrainians surprisingly, though that was the army that helped us out!
  • Options
    this is a terrible event of holliganism and no respect in football.

Ban the Serbians from Euro 2012!
    Behind closed door qualifiers for Italy (Home)

These hooligans are not even fans, these type of wreckless people use the football as a means to support a gang. They could care less about the result, the only thing these nutty hooligans care about is who gets hurt. Hooligans hide behind a football team to mask their gang activity.

They were burning the Albanian Flag... makes me sick that people still think of this type of action as acceptable.

Fifa needs to eliminate Serbia from Euro 2012
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]SLL

I was

few millwall mates went and said it was an experience they'll never forget. said the police basically herded the millwall fans onto a train. They new what station to get off but the OB made them get off one stop earlier and walk to the ground. when they got off and walked down to an underpass there was loads of Hungarian fans waiting for them and the police f*cked off!

You've left the story on a bit of a knife edge there....did they get done? Did they do them? Or did everyone shake hands and swap scarves?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick16[/cite]this is a terrible event of holliganism and no respect in football.

Ban the Serbians from Euro 2012!
    Behind closed door qualifiers for Italy (Home)

These hooligans are not even fans, these type of wreckless people use the football as a means to support a gang. They could care less about the result, the only thing these nutty hooligans care about is who gets hurt. Hooligans hide behind a football team to mask their gang activity.

They were burning the Albanian Flag... makes me sick that people still think of this type of action as acceptable.

Fifa needs to eliminate Serbia from Euro 2012

So football is used as a means to cause violence for an already existing gang?

Or did football bring individuals together behind one common theme to form a "gang"?