Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players who have played in unusual positions

2»

Comments

• Options
    Always thought Lisbie would do well on the right, can't remember how he played against Arsenal there but imho difficult to judge against someone like Cliche.

As for Matt Holland at CB, he was awful. Too short and it was no coincidence that in two games in particular the target man for the oppostion got two goals each- Steve Thomson for Burnley and Dele Adebola for Bristol City.
  • Options
    Les Sealey played on pitch for West ham as a sub once, although can't remember the exact details.
  • Options
    Billy Bonds played in midfield a few times
  • Options
    Paul Benson - Striker.........
    As a goalscoring record of 10 in 30 backs up.
  • Options
    Didn't the Hermanator go up front once when he was injued but we'd used all our subs up? I seem to remember he set up a goal
  • Options

Didn't Chris Powell play his last game for us in centre midfield after coming on as a sub?

Scored too! Coventry wasn't it?

• Options

Didn't Chris Powell play his last game for us in centre midfield after coming on as a sub?

Scored too! Coventry wasn't it?

Aye
  • Options
    This was inspired by Henry's quiz earlier today which reminded me of Mike Kenning playing badly at left back. I'm not including late tactical changes or comical situations such as a limping David Shipperley playing on the wing as a passenger. A few come to mind: Mike Kenning - of course John Hewie - of course he played every where Paul Went - played centre forward

At Orient Paul Went was regarded as a striker and central defender, a versatile John Charles clone !  At the valley he was generally used as a defender who was good at corners. I always had a suspicion that Bob Stokoe who signed him, saw Paul as more of a striker but Eddie Firmani played him almost exclusively as a defender. Paul Went and Billy Walker, the east end blonde bombshells.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Steve brown - Goalkeeper
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Paul Miller, our regular centre-half, was played as a central midfielder by Lennie in 1988 at Derby in a 1-1 draw.
  • Options
    robert lee played as a striker once or twice!! then we had david campbell as right winger!! didnt dean chandler come on as sub and play up front once!?
  • Options
    Justin Fashanu, usually with blokes if i remember rightly