Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky: No more excuses

edited October 2010 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/8468113.Parky__No_more_excuses/

Comments

• Options
    It seems he's admitting we've now had long enough to gel, then.
  • Options
    Finally! Maybe this weekend is where the season really starts???
  • Options
    Interesting he says we halved our wage bill in the last two summers.
  • Options
    postive stuff think we may see something special saturday
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]postive stuff think we may see something special saturday[/quote]

I think not, BUT for some reason maybe...just maybe we might! i will pray!
  • Options
    theres going to be some badge kissing and hard tackles flying in thats for sure
  • Options
    Hope people! Lets just all hope we not only get a good result but see a changing performance which in return makes us all think, yeah WERE BACK!!! CHAMPIONSHIP HERE WE COME! Nobody pinch me yet!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]theres going to be some badge kissing and hard tackles flying in thats for sure

Another red card for Semedo, then? !!!
  • Options
    live the dream because fantasy football is on the way
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]Finally! Maybe this weekend is where the season really starts???
    How many times have we said that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lets wait and see ,when we get our arses kicked again hope im wrong ,but parky will come out with some shite like always.
  • Options
    I thought that sounded like a very honest and humble interview.

Lets hope something happens!
  • Options
    so they sat down and had a chat about it all on Tuesday. How nice, over a cup of tea and a jam sponge no doubt. Should have had them in at 9am on Sunday for a Spanish style inquisition. But I suppose he wouldn't be a nice guy then.
  • Options
    Can leopards change their spots?

And for how long?

This crew can't last for 90 minutes.
  • Options
    Sound a bit like one of Pardews flexible one/two year plans.

Parky - Manager of the future

Every year
  • Options
    I hope Carlisle don't surprise you Parky, and play the solataire or emerald formation.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]I hope Carlisle don't surprise you Parky, and play the solataire or emerald formation.[/quote]

Lmao!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]so they sat down and had a chat about it all on Tuesday. How nice, over a cup of tea and a jam sponge no doubt. Should have had them in at 9am on Sunday for a Spanish style inquisition. But I suppose he wouldn't be a nice guy then.

That's funny!

Meanwhile the Carlisle team sat down on Tuesday, had a couple of beers at a lapdance club and said: "bring it on Charlton"
  • Options
    Parky says he is running out of patience and has warned his side he will no longer tolerate excuses. That's ironic because so are the fans.

Once again everyone is at fault apart from Parkinson himself. Parky picks the team, Parky tells the team how to play. Yet the negative play and awfull performances are the teams fault.
    Nothing to do with the clown in charge!
  • Options
    Nice image that.

I would love to see Parkinson standing on the touchline in a Ronald MacDonald costume with the opposing manager suitably dressed as HamBurglar
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shame he didnt come out and say, hey guys Im to blame, I got the tactics wrong and I didnt know how to change it....
    :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Billericay Dickie[/cite]Parky says he is running out of patience and has warned his side he will no longer tolerate excuses. That's ironic because so are the fans.

Once again everyone is at fault apart from Parkinson himself. Parky picks the team, Parky tells the team how to play. Yet the negative play and awfull performances are the teams fault.
    Nothing to do with the clown in charge!

Parkinson has said, he picks the team and he takes full responsibility, he said it straight after the game.
  • Options
    This article is full of hidden excuses and are the words of a worried man living on borrowed time
  • Options
    holy shit !!! "overall the picture at The valley has been good" r u f**kin kidding ? please God i hope it dont get bad then ?Is the guy pissed ?
  • Options
    As after the Millwall game he is still blaming the players! And the fact it is virtually a new team.

I thought I should check the number of seasons the Brighton and Charlton players who played on Saturday have been at their respective clubs. Whatever 'Gelling agent' Poyet is using it is working a lot better than Parky's.

Charlton
    Elliot 3rd season
    Daily 2nd season
    Doherty 1st season
    Fortune 1st season
    Francis 1st season
    Jackson 1st season
    Martin 1st season
    Samedo 3rd season
    Racon 3rd season
    Reid 2nd season
    Wagstaff 3rd season
    Abbott 1st season
    Anyinsah 1st season
    Benson 1st season

Brighton
    Ankergen 1st season
    Calderon 2nd season
    El-abd 6th Season
    Greer 1st season
    Painter 1st season
    Kishishev 1st season
    Dicker 2nd season
    Sparrow 1st season
    Bennet 2nd season
    Barnes 2nd season
    LuaLua 2nd season
    Murray 3rd season
  • Options
    Great post Red_in_SE8
    Says everything.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Great post Red_in_SE8
    Says everything.
    You could say that, or if you look at the appearances made by those listed for their clubs the 12 Brighton players have actually made more appearances than the 14 Charlton players (I took out Fortune's first spell with the club).

I'm not looking to defend Parky as you can see in some of my other posts recently on the matter, however the one problem the club has had is the high player turnover in recent years but then I guess it is the manager's job to make sure the players gel and to do it quickly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]I'm not looking to defend Parky as you can see in some of my other posts recently on the matter, however the one problem the club has had is the high player turnover in recent years but then I guess it is the manager's job to make sure the players gel and to do it quickly.

Very fair, but RedinSE8 has done some interesting homework there. And having just watched JonJo taking Napoli in his stride with all the composure of Patrick Viera, it has not improved my mood.
  • Options
    Not only that but we had 8 first season players in the list and Brighton had 5.
    A lot of our signings came in late July and in August, Brightons came in from the start of July and all the way through. Brighton are off to a flyer and that means they would have more togetherness as a team.

Im not making excuses here at all because some players have had around 20 games now to gel but you can't really make a judgement on those stats.
  • Options
    CHARLTON boss Phil Parkinson has admitted there can be no more excuses

Good stuff Phil, hope it lasts!
    Brighton are obviously a far more settled team

Oh! Never mind, a few paragraphs is a start, even if the actual excuse made isn't valid. That'll hopefully be the last one.
    Looking at the game, I said after they came and played a diamond system and when you do that you're going to have a lot of possession because you've got your extra man in the middle of the pitch.

Ah, what can you do if Gus comes here with his majik daimonds. If you use the diamonds you're going to win 4-0 every time. FIFA should outlaw it. Surely nobody can be expected to have some kind of a Plan B to combat the formation the opposition puts in place? At least he hasn't started trying to justify all his fail.
    Now, while I know that the manner of the defeat with it being 4-0 creates a lot of unrest shall we say, our home record has been good... So it's not always as simple as people think it is.

A really depressing comment. We're in the third division. This shit is not all right. Banging on about the number of defeats. If we hadn't set out our stall to hang on in so many games we'd have won more and lost more and ended up with more points. It's not tricky maths. Take a look at the title of the article, Parky. If there's no prospect of getting shot, then at least stop whining about it. How are the players supposed to stop making excuses when they see a litany of excuses being made by the bloke that's the new scourge of excuses?