Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky: No more excuses

2»

Comments

• Options
    So if we win tomorrow it is because we have given up on excuses! I hope that wouldn't be the case- I'd like to win because we have better players and the tactics are sound -then we might be able to look forwards with some confidence.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Pardkinson[/cite]our home record has been good

Record, perhaps, form, certainly not.
  • Options
    No More excuses

sounds like a whole interview full of them
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]

But isn't it about results...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]

But isn't it about results...

Relegations 1
    Promotions 0
    League Position: 14

All this success is making my head ache.
  • Options
    Parky was talking about our home record though.
  • Options
    1-0 against Bournemouth
    1-0 against Notts county
    1-0 against MK Dons

3 hardly convincing home wins in 6 home league games. (4 wins in 12 in total)

Not exactly fortress Valley is it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]1-0 against Bournemouth
    1-0 against Notts county
    1-0 against MK Dons

3 hardly convincing home wins in 6 home league games. (4 wins in 12 in total)

Not exactly fortress Valley is it?

Perhaps we should start singing One Nil to the Londoners again?
  • Options
    Parky was talking about our home record going back to the end of 08/09. Very few defeats, that's all.

Back in 08/09 we had some decent performances but weren't getting the results. That wasn't seen as good enough, as it was meant to be about results.

Was just pointing out that when it comes to points, we've had a good home record for a year and a half, even if performances haven't been convincing.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    What a load of rubbish 'I made 3.5 mill in transfers'!!!!! Shelvey went down in value last season; no doubt through our financial decline. Bailey would have gone for the same the year previously. Whilst Richardson was no doubt all his, his wages and bonuses no doubt was almost as much as the ammount made on him.

At least Parky's sold some players for profit, but let's face it if he had made a few more successful signings last year we'd have over-taken Leeds. He did not make 3.5 mill, Murray's support and the back office staff had more to play there. What a bloody cheek, and I'm a Parky fan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perhaps the heading on this thread could be retitled:

''Parky: no more excuses, BUT...''

It's never good when a manager starts refering to his players as ''they'' rather than ''we''. Parkinson has done it a couple of times in recent weeks. We're told he 'still has the dressing room' and I'm sure that's true. But I'm not sure I've ever heard Ferguson refer to the Man U players as ''they''...
  • Options
    Thank god that we're done with excuses.

It's funny how he opens up with a statement about how people are entitled to be annoyed before going into a lengthy explanation about how people don't realise what a raging success it's all been. Nothing like explaining to paying customers that don't really understand what they're on about. I suspect a lot of supporters missed the announcement that the league is just a bit of fun and promotion will be dished out on home defeats over the last couple of years.

And don't forget about all the money he's generated for the club. Bloody board only let him keep the most expensive squad in the league and yeah he failed to get them up, but let's not forget he's managed to get them up lower mid-table in the third division. You've never had it so good.
  • Options
    Interesting to hear the interview after the Carlisle game where he blamed the ref for being their 12th Man. Isn't that an excuse? Maybe we could start an 'excuse count'? If so, I claim that as No. 1.
  • Options
    and "We will certainly need to be more solid as a unit and good teams are built on clean sheets"