Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Portsmouth statement: administrators set to close down club.

No doubt more will follow, this has been coming for some time.

Comments

• seen this on news, and we think we got money problems
  • Bad times. :(
  • Cant see this happening, there will be eleventh hour reprieve. It will be a bad day for football if a club of this size and stature go.
  • The administrator has just been on the radio trying to be optimistic and saying there's still hope but it sounds like that's only if Gaydamak budges. As a businessman he won't and shouldn't... will he as a human? If he doesn't then they are gone by this time next week according to the administrator.

Very very frightening. Could be set for the first league departure since 1992 (the MK Dons farce excluded).
  • Remind why it would be so good for Charlton to go into administration.
  • Terrible news for the South Coast.

The South Coast Derby is a fantastic one and is great fun to be a part of, hopefully something rises from the ashes if they do go bust.
  • [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]The South Coast Derby is a fantastic one and is great fun to be a part of, hopefully something rises from the ashes if they do go bust.

I wouldn't doubt that there will be an "AFC Portsmouth" scenario, just depends if they will kick on as quick as AFC Wimbledon managed to... should be back in the football league within 10 seasons but christ what on earth must the fans be going through.

I hope anyone wanting Redknapp for England looks in the mirror, the car crash deepens around that shady man.
  • Pompey was my second home for a long time. This is a real shocker, I hope and I pray for them. Stuff the AFC stuff, why should they have to rise from the flames? Lots and lots of people involved with that club over the past few years should took a deep hard look at themselves in the mirror.
  • Redknapp will have a lot to answer for if they do bust
  • [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Redknapp will have a lot to answer for if they do bust

He will play his usual card of 'I never knew anything'.

The man is a crook, only Saints and Pompey fans know this. He fucked both clubs over - sooner or later he will screw Tottenham over.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Redknapp will have a lot to answer for if they do bust

- sooner or later he will screw Tottenham over.

So he's not all bad then!
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Redknapp will have a lot to answer for if they do bust
    The man is a crook, only Saints and Pompey fans know this.
    And Bournemouth.

He will play his usual card of 'I never knew anything'.

The man is a crook, only Saints and Pompey fans know this. He fucked both clubs over - sooner or later he will screw Tottenham over.

Don't kid yourself SF some of us have had this blokes card marked since his West Ham days despite the media, for reasons totally beyond me, wetting themselves every time the jowly faced git opens his gob. Ask Billy Bonds if Redknapp's the loveable barra boy he portrays himself as or a complete and utter c.........!
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]
    And Bournemouth.

And West Ham.
  • [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]Cant see this happening,there will be eleventh hour reprieve. It will be a bad day for football if a club of this size and stature go.

There always seems to be...

[cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]
    And Bournemouth.
    And West Ham
  • Trying to blame it on one man?

Seems like Gaydamak is being cast as the villain of the piece. Maybe true but as others have said there are plenty of other characters knocking about with a lot of culpability.
  • lol You beat me to it, ISawLeaburnScore.
  • This is dreadful, utterly dreadful news.
  • Really feel for their fans but we have to remember the people they owe money to aswell - everyday folk stitched up by a multi million pound company!

Don't suppose the players give a toss too - they go and rake it in elsewhere
  • it's not good certainly. The adminstrator appears to be playing a game of high stakes chicken with gaydamak. I looks as though Garydamak is trying to get a bigger slice of his cake up front. My optimistic side says that it will be settled with a figure somewhere between the two as otherwise both sides lose. I guess it really depends on how pig-headed the two sides are being.
  • Sponsored links:

• A really sad state of affairs.
    Feel sorry for their magnificent fans - desperately hope it can be resolved before it's too late.
  • At least we won't have to see that complete to$$er who calls himself their no. 1 fan any more (you know the guy with the tats)!
  • Football these days is shocking. Southend nearly went out of business due to a tax bill the same amount as Yaya Toure's wages for 2 weeks. Money has ruined everything. Can each Premiership and Championship club not get say £100k together and give it to them to stay afloat? A whole club and history gone because of greed.
  • Won't happen.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Won't happen.

If it was Charlton, would you be so sure?
  • I just despair at the fa's "fit and proper" rule. Russians, israeli's, indians, mandaric and redknapp. Certain people who create the rules should hang their heads in shame.
  • edited October 2010
    I agree with Leroy on this, can't see it happening.
  • edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]At least we won't have to see that complete to$$er who calls himself their no. 1 fan any more (you know the guy with the tats)!

Do you mean?
    This is bad news for Portsmouth's most high-profile fan, John Westwood.
    On match days, he stands out in the crowd as a bare-chested bear of a man wearing a blue and white wig and hat as he rings a bell, blows a bugle and bashes a big bass drum.
    "I've been told I can't take any of my instruments to Wembley which is crazy as they help create the atmosphere," says the 47-year-old divorced father-of-two.
    By the standards of any club, he's unusual. He has travelled to every game, home and away, since 1980. In 1989, he changed his name by deed poll to John Anthony Portsmouth Football Club Westwood.
    He also has 60 Portsmouth tattoos on his body, the club crest shaved on to his head and "PFC" engraved on his teeth.
    John might look like a man possessed when he is watching football but, in reality, he is yet another Portsmouth curiosity. It is rather bewildering to find him going about his day job - he is an antiquarian book dealer in the pretty market town of Petersfield.
    "People look at me and think I must be some madman off a building site, but books are my life," he whispers as we meet in the family bookshop.
    His late father was a well-known book dealer, his brother is the Queen's paper conservator at Windsor Castle and John has written a book himself.

linky thingy X
    try this one!
  • [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]At least we won't have to see that complete to$$er who calls himself their no. 1 fan any more (you know the guy with the tats)!

Do you mean?
    This is bad news for Portsmouth's most high-profile fan, John Westwood.
    On match days, he stands out in the crowd as a bare-chested bear of a man wearing a blue and white wig and hat as he rings a bell, blows a bugle and bashes a big bass drum.
    "I've been told I can't take any of my instruments to Wembley which is crazy as they help create the atmosphere," says the 47-year-old divorced father-of-two.
    By the standards of any club, he's unusual. He has travelled to every game, home and away, since 1980. In 1989, he changed his name by deed poll to John Anthony Portsmouth Football Club Westwood.
    He also has 60 Portsmouth tattoos on his body, the club crest shaved on to his head and "PFC" engraved on his teeth.
    John might look like a man possessed when he is watching football but, in reality, he is yet another Portsmouth curiosity. It is rather bewildering to find him going about his day job - he is an antiquarian book dealer in the pretty market town of Petersfield.
    "People look at me and think I must be some madman off a building site, but books are my life," he whispers as we meet in the family bookshop.
    His late father was a well-known book dealer, his brother is the Queen's paper conservator at Windsor Castle and John has written a book himself.

linky thingyX
    try this one!
    The only other antiquarian book dealer of any note is the nutcase who thieved a first folio Shakespeare then concocted a cock & bull story about unearthing it in Cuba. Between him and the tattooed fruitloop I think it's safe to say that industry isn't exactly overflowing with sane people.
  • [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]Football these days is shocking. Southend nearly went out of business due to a tax bill the same amount as Yaya Toure's wages for 2 weeks. Money has ruined everything. Can each Premiership and Championship club not get say £100k together and give it to them to stay afloat? A whole club and history gone because of greed.

It's madness, But sadly the Premier League will carry on and foreign owners will invest despite the fit and proper test.

Man City got taken over by Thaisken the human rights abuser ffs.

Football in this country has gone. I don't find ther national team nor the premier league entertaining.

Over paid, over hyped media circus is all it is.