Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Portsmouth statement: administrators set to close down club.

2»

Comments

• Options
    He will play his usual card of 'I never knew anything'.

The man is a crook, only Saints and Pompey fans know this. He fucked both clubs over - sooner or later he will screw Tottenham over.[/quote]

i hope so
  • Options
    Good luck to them, I hope they survive. I have some great memories of the boxing day games at the Valley with the "Pompey Chimes" ringing from the Jimmy Seed stand.
  • Options
    a proper team with proper fans

i really hope they come through
  • Options
    ...and not forgetting the first game back at The Valley of course - always a good away support, Pompey. Some cracking games over the years. If this happens (and I can't quite believe that it will) then it is nothing less than criminal. The heart and soul of a community ripped out - anyway good luck Pompey.
  • Options
    " Play up Pompey, Pompey play up "

or should this be rewritten..." 'Fess up Harry, Harry 'fess up " ?

Fat chance.
  • Options
    That's the guy Creepy.
  • Options
    don't really get it...I havn't followed the Pompey debacle that closely but if they really are that close to being closed down why did they bring in people like Kitson in the summer? Surely they should have been busy flogging everything and everyone to try to get themselves back on an even keel. I have a certain sympathy for some of the fans but in reality it has been a dreadfully poorly run club that went bust whilst still in the promised land of the Prem and I didn't hear too many of their fans complaining when they were overspending and winning the FA cup because they all got rather too carried away with a mysterious Russion.
  • Options
    Hermann Hreidarsson signed a deal to the end of the season with them yesterday.

Feels like a horrible bit of brinkmanship, this. I hope it is.
  • Options
    What evidence is there that Redknapp is a "crook", other than rumour and heresay?
    In what way did he do for Pompey and Saints (in terms of breaking the law)
    I'd really like to know
  • Options
    I think I might have a different opinion to most.

I think that they deserve to disappear if the only way they can survive is to 'blackmail' a guy that has a charge on an asset (which guarantees him his money back or ownership of the asset) by threatening (yet again) to take the club under if those that are owned millions and millions and millions of pounds don't agree to right off their money in the best interests of some football fans.

I do feel sorry for the Portsmouth fans, but I didn't feel very sorry for them when they were on Sky Sports screaming into cameras that they'd won the FA Cup with what turned out to be someone else's money.

Chances are we will never see Charlton play in an FA Cup Final, never mind being in two and winning one of them.

Let's remember, we're not talking about a director or two putting in ten or twenty million and having to lose some or all of it. They spent over one hundred and fifty million pounds of someone else's money and now they expect it to be written off so that they can start all over again.

What really winds me up though is that sooner or later the Inland Revenue are going to bankrupt a football club because of how they have had the piss taken out of them. They're going to take away a football club that probably is a few hundred thousand in the red, as a spite action for what clubs like (and, let's face it, mainly) Portsmouth have done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Completely concur with Kings Hill Addick.
  • Options
    Just been told if they do go under, 2 teams are relegated from champ and 3 automatically promoted + 1 playoff promoted from league one?
  • Options
    Seems as though there is now an agreement in place for them to exit admin, really pleased for Pompey- have excellent fans, some good players inc Hermann and to quote Redknapp- "a proper football club".
  • Options
    IAIA
    edited October 2010
    That wouldn't make sense, UP THE

But seems, as always, they'll be OK.

Agree with KHA. Will be especially annoyed when they inevitably improve and put together a promotion bid. That said, Gaydamak isn't exactly an innocent player in this story