Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Important for fans on saturday!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Yeah i know the defence was bad, but wasnt we all moaning at defence, midfield and attacking? At that game wasnt our attackers looking alot better? benson x2 Anyinsah x1. And wagstaff played very well? and Jackson played good also in midfield? so again, isnt this a + overall?
  • Options
    Good result yes, great result no. Carlisle are not exactly in great form, we almost let a 3 goal lead slip, again. Parky has a lot of work to do before he wins fans back. As far as I am concerned, he is a dead man walking. Hoping he can turn me and others around with promotion. But results apart i just feel he has been found out as a poor tactician and too slow to respond to what is happening on a pitch. Maybe he would be better off doing what curbs used to do sometimes, spend time away from the pitch edge and get a different perspective, sometimes you cannot see things well when close to the pitch and get a better view from an elevated position. Either that or he is too thick to react to obvious problems.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Good result yes, great result no. Carlisle are not exactly in great form, we almost let a 3 goal lead slip, again. Parky has a lot of work to do before he wins fans back. As far as I am concerned, he is a dead man walking. Hoping he can turn me and others around with promotion. But results apart i just feel he has been found out as a poor tactician and too slow to respond to what is happening on a pitch. Maybe he would be better off doing what curbs used to do sometimes, spend time away from the pitch edge and get a different perspective, sometimes you cannot see things well when close to the pitch and get a better view from an elevated position. Either that or he is too thick to react to obvious problems.

that.
  • Options
    Amazing how no-one actually admits to booing at the ground, isn't it?

Despite being one of the Carlisle 313, I won't be at The Valley on Saturday - will take me a long time to feel like bothering after Brighton. Not because of the team performance, but because of the horrible, horrible atmosphere.

Keep up the campaign, jjj - I wish you all the very best in out-singing and out-chanting the boo-ers.
  • Options
    Thank you Weegie. And i promise i will be as loud as i can even if i lose my voice for a week :-)
  • Options
    I agree tho, Maybe Parkinson aint the man for the this job and i am 1 of the bunch that really believes that, but at the same time, he promised to roll hes sleeves up and get a better performance at carsile and he did that, with a win! Not a convinsing win in the end, but an away win! I think he deserves a little credit and if he again comes up with the goods on saturday then he does deserve some credit, and all i mean by this whole thread is by us fans backing the team the best we can will help him/charlton and ourselfs BIGTIME!
  • Options
    It was a great result.OK we were 3 0 up away.We are Charlton not Barca.I was on a high kissing each of my ten dogs.With every Carlisle goal I was getting angrier and angrier.
    When the equaliser went in I switched my Cafctv player off because my bottle went.I couldn't take anymore .I was gutted and emotionally drained.I turned to swearing and cursing.In the end I sneaked a look at Skysports and spent the next five minutes happily cursing,swearing and at the same time thanking God.Anyone who has played a tiny,tiny bit of football knows how hard it is for any club not to wilt and lose after giving away a three goal lead.So thanks boys for the best weekend for ages.This is what Charlton and football is all about.I dont care a fuck if Parky stays,gets sacked ,resigns or has a cardiac watching the shit we have to watch but at least when we win let us ENJOY.
  • Options
    Good comments walshie, though not sure about kissing the dogs. It was a good win, but why can't we just win a game well, why do we have to do it in phases, play well for 30 minutes, then shite, surely we are due a full 90 at some time soon?

Sorry weegie, but the atmosphere would be a hell of a lot worse if us walkers joined the booers. What percentage of the crowd do you think were left to boo at the end of the brighton game anyway? They get off lightly compared to some clubs and if they don't like it they can always join the real world of performance appraisals and results based outcome, instead of whining about it being unfair that those who pay their wages should consider voicing their disapproval. Shareholders in any other industry do not put up with it. Football supporters should not be considered fair game for a poor product just because we are tied emotionally to an organisation. As I said though. I never boo, I just get to the point where I would rather be in the pub than wasting my energy berating my team.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    the fans that booo'd may claim that it helped the change that brought about the carlisle result or was it the sight of a massive 313 fans that inspired the team

it's down to the players
  • Options
    Thanks Steve but dont worry my dogs are cleaner than me and anyway I only kiss them on the forehead.
    Yes I do get frustated with not winning in style or else not wrapping the game up,relaxing the last 15 minutes,putting an Academy player on and substituting our man of the match in the last minute for a standing ovation.
    When Im watching Charlton, which is quite often and after a 1500 mile journey,I support the team 100 percent but I would shout and get angry with individual players that are not playing well or not interested.But this only after initially encouraging the same player after a bad pass,mishitshot etc.Only after the same player keeps repeating the same mistakes do I vent my anger.I never blame the whole team because it only takes a bad performance from a couple of players to undermine the whole team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes the booing did prob help the team get that away win on saturday, but my point is just there needs to be big support this saturday to try hope for a nice run of results etc.
  • Options
    Saturday a new game a new match,
    when the match kicks off forget about the last home game and the last away game
    lets get behind the lads and get a good atmosphere
    which will hopefully lead to us gaining back to back wins
  • Options
    Would love to be there on Sat singing my heart out but won't be unfortunately so will check final result - nervy stuff.

Booing at the final whistle is 100% understandable after losing 4-0 at home.. but during the game only adds to the nerves of the players, and in fact spurs the other team on to go at us even more. If Carlisle fans had booed at 3-0 down I reckon we'd have done them for about 5-6, but instead we got the win by one, luckily and thankfully.

Perhaps we should have a ticket swap week, stick half of the the North upper in the far east and west stands.. oh wait.. ;-)