Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If you could buy a Charlton banner

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]Mas que un estadio

Niiiccce!
  • Options
    Charlton.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]

This is also rather good, especially as I sit mid Lower West next to the directors box with a whopping great rail in front of us. Could have a bit of mischief with it as well!

I didn't realise this was to be put up in front of me! In that case I will have to veto any suggestions too

No prob. Having got your suggestion priced up, you can cough up some money as well! :-)

Thanks for the whispers folks, very helpful indeed.
  • Options
    'HORSE BLANKET'
  • Options
    Of the ones i've read from here me favourites are:
    Mes que un estadio
    Still addickted.

Both are great.
  • Options
    Wake me up in 90 minutes.
    What minute is it?

Actually.... Moses says come forth. Parky said no, we will win the cup instead.
  • Options
    How about Fortune 82nd minute enough said.
  • Options

Maybe a bit poncy in the original catalan for Div 3 but the English translation is a great suggestion!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]

Maybe a bit poncy in the original catalan for Div 3 but the English translation is a great suggestion!

someone help me out....?
  • Options
    'More than a stadium'.. I think
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Atletico Addick[/cite]'More than a stadium'.. I think

Yep.
  • Options
    Sounds good.. would love to chip in a few bob and get a lengthy banner to go across the dividing between north upper and lower.. although would block a few 'krbs''
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    " Not a supermarket in sight"

or

" Dont ask why - it's in our blood"
  • Options
    If we play palace in the cup this season, "burley is a hero"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Atletico Addick[/cite]'More than a stadium'.. I think

Yep.

Cheers, my French is crap ; )
  • Options
    Can't fork out for Parky banner - just in case!

Rather liked the Mes que un estadio idea, a sense of pride, belonging and permanence about it.

If the Catalan is too poncy, how's about 'More than a stadium' for the first half to be replaced at half time with 'More a way of Life' ?

Has to pass the censor of course, whaddya think Swizz?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Rather liked the Mes que un estadio idea, a sense of pride, belonging and permanence about it.

If the Catalan is too poncy, how's about 'More than a stadium' for the first half to be replaced at half time with 'More a way of Life' ?

To be honest I might have spelt it wrong and there's a good chance I've mixed Catalan with Portugese (I got the "estadio" from estadio de la luz - Benfica's ground).

I like the idea that the Valley has a special prominence to us, probably more so than most other teams feel about their home grounds.

No matter how bad the team are, the Valley remains the heartbeat of Charlton Athletic. It's more than just a stadium.
  • Options
    "eight grounds, one home"

"Live, love, laugh and be happy"
  • Options
    Real Ale £1.00 a pint
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]" Not a supermarket in sight"

or

" Dont ask why - it's in our blood"

'Not a supermarket or Incinerator in sight'

'Sainsburys - Try somebody new today'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Small Away shirt for Sale
  • Options
    "the missing 3,000 from todays announced attendance are behind this banner"
  • Options
    "Live, love, laugh and be happy"

I always wondered about this one, is it a genral positive slogan or does it has special meaning for the club?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DRF[/cite]"Live, love, laugh and be happy"

I always wondered about this one, is it a genral positive slogan or does it has special meaning for the club?

Oh, dear. I fear you maybe in for some light hearted leg pulling for not knowing. : - )
  • Options
    edited October 2010

It was the name of the back four when we played at Catford in 1923. Brian Live, Eddie Love, Blair Laugh and Orville Behappie (poetic licence changed it to Be Happy for the slogans purposes

This was how they got the inspiration for Young Fish Costa Fortune
  • Options
    Whatever you choose, can you put "[Sticky]" in front of it?
  • Options

think I'll just sit back and watch this one develop.

How long have you been watching Charlton out of interest ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Can't fork out for Parky banner - just in case!

Rather liked the Mes que un estadio idea, a sense of pride, belonging and permanence about it.

I'm pretty much happy with anything as long as it doesn't have an arrow pointing upwards and the words "Sucks cocks for a fiver"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Can't fork out for Parky banner - just in case!

I'm pretty much happy with anything as long as it doesn't have an arrow pointing upwards and the words "Sucks cocks for a fiver"

OK so I'm getting old and out of touch. What do you charge these days?
  • Options
    edited October 2010

What are your normal rates then? EDIT Too slow;beaten to it by SA (oh er missus)