Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If you could buy a Charlton banner

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Whatever you choose, can you put "[Sticky]" in front of it?

No one will read it then...
  • Options
    How about one of Choices pics, changed each week.
    Can only guess each time there is a throw in.
  • Options
    isn't the banner thing a bit, how can i put it in a PC way, 'Palace ultra's' ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Whatever you choose, can you put "[Sticky]" in front of it?

No one will read it then...

So im not the only one who ignores the Sticky threads then?
  • Options
    i was going to wisper this back to the person who wispered me but thought I would share with you all....

Oh my god! Do you know it must be a classic when lyrics go wrong moment as i always thought the words were bib bob bibby bob bob. Which i assumed was the supposed to be the noise a robbin makes when he's move and hence the saying bob bob bobbing along!

I do actually go to most games and have had a season ticket for many years and have always sung this! The people around me must have thought me mental!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DRF[/cite]bib bob bibby bob bob.

LOL When in a hole stop digging.
  • Options
    DRFDRF
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

It fits! Try it!

Actually its more of a bib-a-dy in the middle.

That would make a great banner!
  • Options
    'Bib bob bibby bob bob' - any good?
  • Options
    'Bib bob bibby bob bob'

How about that on a banner?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Its too late for that!! Lol
    When the Red reliant robin goes Bib Bob bibbing along.............................. ; )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Man U years in the Cupboard Enquiry"
  • Options
    This isn't obviously on the scale of a 'Stuwall' type post but i do like it. I'd happily contribute to a banner that ridiculous. Maybe 5 separate banners with the added excitement of whether they are arranged in the right order each matchday.
  • Options
    Charlton 'coming in' rather than 'Covered end' springs to mind
  • Options
    In an effort to keep digging I used to be completely confused by the We are the H / J block song. I wish I had written down what I thgouht it was when I first heard it because once you know the right words its hard to think of the wrong ones.
  • Options
    Getting back on topic "Not a supermarket in sight" is a great one.

[cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]isn't the banner thing a bit, how can i put it in a PC way, 'Palace ultra's' ?

I disagree with that comment though, we've had the flag/banners at the back of the north upper done years ago and these kind of things give the valley even more character and colour. Its not like we're suggesting we all paint our faces red and blow vuvuzelas all game ; )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DRF[/cite]In an effort to keep digging I used to be completely confused by the We are the H / J block song. I wish I had written down what I thgouht it was when I first heard it because once you know the right words its hard to think of the wrong ones.

Glad i'm not the only one :-) I thought it was "we are the J block, we are the J block, we are the J block, come on then." As if they wanted a fight or somthing!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Hig[/cite]Getting back on topic "Not a supermarket in sight" is a great one.

[cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]isn't the banner thing a bit, how can i put it in a PC way, 'Palace ultra's' ?

I disagree with that comment though, we've had the flag/banners at the back of the north upper done years ago and these kind of things give the valley even more character and colour. Its not like we're suggesting we all paint our faces red and blow vuvuzelas all game ; )

i think character sort of happens naturally. Don't have any strong views on it and agree the big flag we used to pass over and the odd banner like north upper add something but there's still something a bit contrived about it to my mind which always reminds me of Palace, the ultimate embarrasingly gimicky plastic club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Hig[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DRF[/cite]In an effort to keep digging I used to be completely confused by the We are the H / J block song. I wish I had written down what I thgouht it was when I first heard it because once you know the right words its hard to think of the wrong ones.

Glad i'm not the only one :-) I thought it was "we are the J block, we are the J block, we are the J block, come on then." As if they wanted a fight or somthing!

i hope this is taken in the right way but are we sure we haven't just been named as the biggest care in the community scheme club?
  • Options
    Rather than copying the Portuguese 'more than a stadium', what about 'More than a Valley'

If we were going down the Palce Ultras route I would prefer 'Charlton Fairly's'

BTW There is a town in Ayrshire called Fairlie. I was told that years ago it had two stations, Fairlie High and of course Fairlie Low
  • Options
    "There is a train burried at the Valley, oh wait, it's akpo on his arse"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's that coming over the hill? Is it Anyinsah, is it Anyinsah...
  • Options
    Great thread ! Wish I had a good suggestion.....

How about " Keep the faith "

or " Onwards & Upwards "

or even " Charlton 'til we die " ?
  • Options
    A stream of banners commemorating the finer points of Charlton history culminating in

'...and then Charlton Life came along and we went sh*t!"
  • Options
    Weird spelling of Alan Pardew there . ;-)
  • Options
    Parky For Life!

;)
  • Options
    Memories, light the corners of my mind !
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    'Batton down the hatches, it's getting a bit Parky around here'
  • Options
    'Careful lads, Parky's just greased the slide'
  • Options
    Boooooooo !!!
  • Options
    "We thoroughly rearched your family tree and this is what we found..."