Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is today the day I get made redundant?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Good news Blinkant
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Best of luck with it, good advice by Granpa too, just remember it's the position being made reduntant and it wont be a reflection on your performance (hopefully it wont come to that for you)
    I work in retail and and it's a matter of time till we get shut down. Actually painful working there at the moment waiting for the inevitable.

Edit:
    Didn'[t see your post, congrats. Must be kinda bittersweet really for you
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]great news for you though obviously sad for those going.

So now we know Blinkant is safe can anyone beat Chizz's 6 redundancies.

I've had two. One voluntary before I went self employed and one which back fired badly on the twot of an MD who did it to me when I got a better paid job with one of our clients two days later - boy was he unhappy. Even refused to give me a reference and wouldn't say goodbye.

A reader of your posts here ... or a Palarse supporter, perhaps?
  • Options
    I worked with a man who had once been sacked as a road sweeper!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]great news for you though obviously sad for those going.

So now we know Blinkant is safe can anyone beat Chizz's 6 redundancies.

I've had two. One voluntary before I went self employed and one which back fired badly on the twot of an MD who did it to me when I got a better paid job with one of our clients two days later - boy was he unhappy. Even refused to give me a reference and wouldn't say goodbye.[/quote]

I had 9
  • Options
    2 although one was a back door sacking, luckily always seemed to get something better, long time ago tho and the market is very different now in my field
  • Options
    My sis is a branch manager of a Bank (has Scotland in title somewhere) months back she went in one morning to find a fax to her from Head Office telling her that she had to put all her staff on notice of redundancy. No explanation nothing. She was phoning me for advice etc and the legal aspects. There was no other help from their Head Office until two weeks later after the Unions(rightly) freaked out.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Glad to hear this turned out well for you.