Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reid may have lost his place.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Kyle Reid coming on for the final 20 in games will scare teams as they'll be tiring, that'd be my set up.
  • Options
    Reid will get back in as I'm sure injuries and suspensions will dictate, plus he's a fantastic player to bring on for the last 25 mins.....lots of games coming think and fast now.
  • Options
    With the weight of fixtures that we are going to be playing Parkie is going to have to use most squad members, he now has options on LM which he did not have before and both Jackson and Reid have pressure on them for that position.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Kyle Reid coming on for the final 20 in games will scare teams as they'll be tiring, that'd be my set up.

Absolutely: super-sub, when the opponents tire he is such a weapon/threat.

I think over a whole game though he leaves a big hole in LM that pulls Racon and Semedo out of position. JAckson seems to be alleviating that problem.
  • Options
    Jackson tucks in when we loose the ball, perhaps we just need to see Reid do the same. It will be interesting to see if Joe gets rested for either or both cup matches, whether Kyle could copy his role. I doubt he is anything like as strong, but if he is willing to chase lost causes, we can perhaps change personnel and keep the same style of play. For me though the only alternative to Benno is Akpo as Abbott hasn't the mobility. Sodje is probably quicker than Benno as well.
  • Options
    Jackson offers a lot more overall.
    Reidy is a great asset to our side, but he still has to do more throughout the whole 90 minutes.
    JJ's experience and defensive awareness puts him in the starting 11 ahead of Reidy for me.
  • Options
    Good point we did witness a short cameo of Benson and Sodje at the Notts County match and I doubt anybody could fault it.
  • Options
    i love reidy but i feel Jackson gives us more balance in the midfield and also provides cover for the left back.

reid would be good away from home or when we are up against a top team for the counter ala MK DONS in the p**s pot trophy
  • Options
    sorry meant to say Asinyah and Sodje
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]Jackson tucks in when we loose the ball, perhaps we just need to see Reid do the same. It will be interesting to see if Joe gets rested for either or both cup matches, whether Kyle could copy his role. I doubt he is anything like as strong, but if he is willing to chase lost causes, we can perhaps change personnel and keep the same style of play. For me though the only alternative to Benno is Akpo as Abbott hasn't the mobility. Sodje is probably quicker than Benno as well.
    Reid as an alternative for Anyinsah, interesting thought, he is strong (even if not as much) and quick himself.

As you say if not that leaves Sodje as Anyinsah's replacement and even then it's not ideal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The fact that we will struggle to fit Reid back in the team just goes to show how much things have changed around. Im sure Parky and Reid have spoken and this is a problem that everyone can deal with. What a player we have waiting on the bench though, we all know what happens when Reid is unleashed on tired defenders.
  • Options
    Players hungrily competing for the same position is a manager's dream.

Long may it continue.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Personally I can't see a better scenario than we're in atm. Although I want Jackson in the middle, having him on the left means he can tuck in and help out Sem & Rac. If the match is stale, then bring on Reid for Jackson or indeed Waggy if he's off form.

As Reid seemed to be crossing excellently with his right before he got injured, surely he can play on the right as well. Anyone drops off in form and Reid's in. This is why I said I rate the blend of this squad to last years. I'd only desperately want Bailey from last season. Like I said last season Waggy had showed more improvement in two seasons than Sam ever did, and this season his improvement is immense. Whilst I liked Richardson, Francis's assists are crucial to this team. Sure he's had some mares but don't think Francis has made us lose matches unlike others.

From four matches ago, how exciting is this? I rarely saw a great match last season, apart from Swindon at home and we won't mention that outcome(!). This season even in shit matches like MK Dons, we can bring on Abbott and Reid who turned it for us. Bravo Parky.