Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Builders in at the training ground

Comments

• Options

Fans Forum minutes extract

8. Sparrows Lane
    CL: Are there any updates?

KM: We are finishing phase 1, the water reservoir delayed it a bit. We are behind schedule, but
    phase 2 will be starting soon, which is the community part. We are being audited for category 2, but
    once complete, may be able to buy an extra audit outside of the usual auditing window to assess for
    category 1.
    The criteria for category 1 keeps changing. Expected to finish work towards end of 2018.

So the project was due to be completed in 2016 according Emmaus but is now TWO YEARS late!

EDIT and it only started in 2014 so how much of a delay can there have been in two years to make it two years late?

I'd love to see who signed that Extension of Time Certificate and what delay analysis they used.

• Options
    Two earth movers moving some mud around from one pile to another. Trying to look busy when people walk past.
    Still doesn't look like a reservoir, unless you're in the Serengeti at the wrong time of year.

• Options
    This is a real shame. I would have really like to have heard what exactly 'completed in 2018' means? Surely they are still phasing this with certain facilities open this year etc? That means the first team will still have portacabins and other temp facilities for another two years? There does not appear to be any logic to why they need to do the community stuff next when there are other items that can be done at the same time. If they work like this it will be three years not two. No client would surely say yes let's allow a two year delay? At what point did they notice they were behind, as I thought they only started last year not 2014. In fact I'm certain it was last year.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    What a load shit, our team won't be finding the back of them that's for sure
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

What a load shit, our team won't be finding the back of them that's for sure

They will, 'just' 2 years behind schedule
  • Options
    Off_it said:

No no no. It's all still going to plan. Honestly it is. Honestly. Swisdom said it was.

Actually I said it was quiet from our perspective. It still is.

• Options
    Seeing as 100% of what that deluded Belgian twat says is bullshit, i will take what she says there as delusion and a pile of steaming bullshit!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Off_it said:

No no no. It's all still going to plan. Honestly it is. Honestly. Swisdom said it was.

Were you expecting a finish date of the end of 2018, Swisdom, or do you agree that is disappointing?
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Off_it said:

Were you expecting a finish date of the end of 2018, Swisdom, or do you agree that is disappointing?
    Since we weren't on board at the start and are not on the primary project team this is the first we've heard of the 2018. We knew there was a delay but not necessarily 2018.

From a business perspective it's not a bad thing because design decisions might get more time to be ironed out and better solutions implemented.

Disappointing from the club's perspective but relegation clearly changed the requirements so the knock-on effect is this delay
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Off_it said:

Since we weren't on board at the start and are not on the primary project team this is the first we've heard of the 2018. We knew there was a delay but not necessarily 2018.

From a business perspective it's not a bad thing because design decisions might get more time to be ironed out and better solutions implemented.

Disappointing from the club's perspective but relegation clearly changed the requirements so the knock-on effect is this delay
    Thanks. It looks to me as if they are stalling the football building because it may never be built. Fully accept that this is a reasonable consequence of relegation as the scheme in its current form was arguably overblown and unrealistic in the first place, but as with everything the club seems incapable of presenting the facts openly and honestly.
  • Options
    I can understand the club stalling on the whole project, especially if they want to sell up.

But why would they build the community bit before the football building ?

Is it because it's far cheaper ? I can't recall what's going on without referring back.
  • Options

I can understand the club stalling on the whole project, especially if they want to sell up.

But why would they build the community bit before the football building ?

Is it because it's far cheaper ? I can't recall what's going on without referring back.

The community scheme cannot continue in its current set-up and its new build is pretty basic. There may also be grants.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    How's the progress at the Stonehenge project Swisdom?

Is there still the issue that the wheel hasn't been invented?
  • Options

This is a real shame. I would have really like to have heard what exactly 'completed in 2018' means? Surely they are still phasing this with certain facilities open this year etc? That means the first team will still have portacabins and other temp facilities for another two years? There does not appear to be any logic to why they need to do the community stuff next when there are other items that can be done at the same time. If they work like this it will be three years not two. No client would surely say yes let's allow a two year delay? At what point did they notice they were behind, as I thought they only started last year not 2014. In fact I'm certain it was last year.

You make good points here, but I had to read it twice because the first time I couldn't help reading it in Sid James' voice. Somehow a serious and well thought out post loses a bit of gravitas when you mentally add "Yak yak yak" to the end.
    :smile:
  • Options

Two earth movers moving some mud around from one pile to another. Trying to look busy when people walk past.
    Still doesn't look like a reservoir, unless you're in the Serengeti at the wrong time of year.

It's raining so all work will now stop.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Imagine how great players would feel steeping out at The Valley after a week of training in Charlton Park knowing they don't have to dodge dog shit! Joking of course! Almost all dog-walkers these days pick up their pooches mess.

Better than that - it's horse shit; the King's Troop are still using Charlton Park for exercises.

• Options
    So three years in we have, a large hole in the ground and a couple of piles of earth?

Another triumph... where's that EFL survey?
  • Options
    This is what was posted in March 2014. It states funding hence why always thought the project would happen and be delivered on time!? Would be interesting how much funding is permitted? The plans I know changed, but would like to know what exactly the club are paying for and what is linked to grants?
    From the official website...................
    Plans for an extensive upgrade to the facility were in development during 2013 but remained on hold until a capital funding stream could be accessed via the new Premier League / FA Facilities Fund, which was announced recently.
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140319-new-training-ground-plans-progressing-1431527.aspx#7eJuJAE8XL8UYshB.99
  • Options
    seth plum said:

This development is never going to happen under Duchatelet, it never was.
    From what I can see from the outside everybody involved in planning, driving and completing this project are useless wankers.

From slightly closer to the inside I slightly disagree - but it is a disappointment that there are these delays.

Unfortunately combination of changes to the criteria and the deadline dates of the audits have not helped.

It will get there...one day.

• Options
    Swisdom said:

seth plum said:

This development is never going to happen under Duchatelet, it never was.
    From what I can see from the outside everybody involved in planning, driving and completing this project are useless wankers.

From slightly closer to the inside I slightly disagree - but it is a disappointment that there are these delays.

Unfortunately combination of changes to the criteria and the deadline dates of the audits have not helped.

It will get there...one day.

Maybe under new owners but I can't see a cat-in-hell's chance under Duchatelet given the mess we are in and his desire to be out way before it would complete or before he might realistically benefit from it.
  • Options
    Swisdom - apologies for the lack of wider understanding, but what does arranging and audit, have to do with completing the project on time....? Cat 1 has been the goal for the club from before the current leadership.. There have been numerous audits and if the logic is this determines when a project starts - we were never going to do this in 2016 or 2018!? The criteria if changing, should not have such a significant effect the main buildings/ pitches / roads - surely its more the staff, coaching and operation? - otherwise every club that is already cat one would be a building site.....
  • Options

This is what was posted in March 2014. It states funding hence why always thought the project would happen and be delivered on time!? Would be interesting how much funding is permitted? The plans I know changed, but would like to know what exactly the club are paying for and what is linked to grants?
    Plans for an extensive upgrade to the facility were in development during 2013 but remained on hold until a capital funding stream could be accessed via the new Premier League / FA Facilities Fund, which was announced recently.
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140319-new-training-ground-plans-progressing-1431527.aspx#7eJuJAE8XL8UYshB.99

That's not the current scheme. Duchatelet wanted something more ambitious with much more limited and defined community use, which he would mainly have to fund. The revised planning went through last year and it's that scheme which has stalled.
  • Options

That's not the current scheme. Duchatelet wanted something more ambitious with much more limited and defined community use, which he would mainly have to fund. The revised planning went through last year and it's that scheme which has stalled.
    I agree - but is the revised plan , minus the funding or with it?? Some of the major changes was the access road and the new community pitch in the rugby club next door......
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I agree - but is the revised plan , minus the funding or with it?? Some of the major changes was the access road and the new community pitch in the rugby club next door......
    The access road was taken out of the revised plan - believe it was then reinstated as part of the Footscray RFC / community stuff. They turned away funding on the main build (and lost some of it) by excluding the planned community use of the main building.
  • Options

The access road was taken out of the revised plan - believe it was then reinstated as part of the Footscray RFC / community stuff. They turned away funding on the main build (and lost some of it) by excluding the planned community use of the main building.
    I'm not close enough to the project to offer much more than I have. There have been numerous delays and the initial planned finish date was going to be missed by a few months so we were expecting a delay of a few months before it started again ready to hit the following year's deadline. I suppose it's possible the owner might consider his options in this period of hiatus - especially if we start the season well and look likely to get promoted and thus become more appealing to investors.