Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

TV shows that you hate with a passion

Im sorry, but everytime i look through at whats on and i see something like Peter Andre: the next chapter, my blood simply boils. ITV2 in general is full of crap in my opinion and i would love to know what areas of britain or types of people actually tune into it.
I know that people will say that if you dont like it, just dont watch it, but i still fail to see how anyone can watch some of the drivel that is on the box at the moment.
So.....i'd just like to express my unbridled hatred towards:

X factor - seen it a few times, obviously some of the judges definitions of talent are different to mine. It also appears that you can only go through to the next round if you're a homeless paralysed orphan who has been told they have weeks to live.
Any ITV2 show - need i say anymore.
Any show with Jack Dee on it - It appears he can win high levels of laughter without actually being funny. (has anyone actually ever seen him smiling)
Horne and Corden - I think the pair got a bit carried away and were under the impression that they were immune from unfunnyness. They were innevitably proved wrong.
Big Brother - the mother of them all, may it rest in peace, forever.

There are probably loads ive forgotten, and im sure everyone has their own individual hates, so what other television programmes are an embaressment to the nation?

Comments

• X Factor
    Celebrities in the jungle
    Anything that has the word 'celebrity' in the title
    Big Brother
    99.9% of reality programmes
  • edited November 2010
    Coronation st ( even the theme tune makes me sick )
    Last of the summer wine ( how the hell did this dross run for so long)
    Friends ( i cant watch it because of the ridiculous laughter every 5 seconds)
    Big Brother ( total junk )
    Anything with Jamie Oliver ( Twat )
    Strictly come dancing ( although ive never seen it!)
    Football coverage on ITV ( world cup 2010 - nuff said )
    Songs of praise ( what complete bollox )

I'm sure there is plenty more but those the ones that come to mind.
  • Any reality show Aghhhhhhhhhhh!
  • Got me old Mum staying for the weekend. She loves X Factor, so it's been on. I hold it in the same regard as others above, but must say that you have to admire the script writers.
  • [cite]Posted By: Folev the red[/cite]Im sorry, but everytime i look through at whats on and i see something like Peter Andre: the next chapter, my blood simply boils. ITV2 in general is full of crap in my opinion and i would love to know what areas of britain or types of people actually tune into it.
    I know that people will say that if you dont like it, just dont watch it, but i still fail to see how anyone can watch some of the drivel that is on the box at the moment.
    So.....i'd just like to express my unbridled hatred towards:

X factor - seen it a few times, obviously some of the judges definitions of talent are different to mine. It also appears that you can only go through to the next round if you're a homeless paralysed orphan who has been told they have weeks to live.
    Any ITV2 show - need i say anymore.
    Any show with Jack Dee on it - It appears he can win high levels of laughter without actually being funny. (has anyone actually ever seen him smiling)
    Horne and Corden - I think the pair got a bit carried away and were under the impression that they were immune from unfunnyness. They were innevitably proved wrong.
    Big Brother - the mother of them all, may it rest in peace, forever.

There are probably loads ive forgotten, and im sure everyone has their own individual hates, so what other television programmes are an embaressment to the nation?

agree with most of that. The Horne & Corden thing was embarrassing!

Jack Dee is really good in lead Balloon though.
  • Any soap my Mrs will watch from neighbours,home and away,emmerdale,coronation street,eastenders,coronation street again,then americas top model.I cant watch it thank God Ive got a computer.I watch sport and documentaries and she gets the hump!
  • Any soap. Any reality TV show. Even The Apprentice, my one reality vice is starting to grate on me this year.
  • Any 'psychic' show where someone pretends to talk to dead people in front of a studio audience.

Most tv junk isnt worth being too stressed about, but when I see a rat faced charlatan like Colin Fry profiting from telling a grieving mother that he's talking to her dead 4 year old son it makes my blood boil.
  • Seen a trailer on Channel 4 recently regarding a new series about Sonia from Eastenders (Natalie Cassidy) giving birth - who watches this stuff?!
  • [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]Any 'psychic' show where someone pretends to talk to dead people in front of a studio audience.

Most tv junk isnt worth being too stressed about, but when I see a rat faced charlatan like Colin Fry profiting from telling a grieving mother that he's talking to her dead 4 year old son it makes my blood boil.

These people just prey on the vulnerable and the grieving. Derek Acorah is a prime example.

Check out the clip of when he was exposed on conning the con men.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeQ0a3WfZ7g&feature=related
  • Sponsored links:

• Soccer AM-I used to like it but the couple of times I've watched it recently it's become tired and irritating. And that Max bloke who presents it is an idiot.

I suspect its run is coming to an end though.
  • Ditched the telly when we moved to the sticks...yesssssssssssssssssss!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]Ditched the telly when we moved to the sticks...yesssssssssssssssssss!!!

Go the whole hog - ditch the computer too. You know it makes sense.
  • But I need my computer for work so that isnt a good idea really.
  • If you think Mr Acorah is a knobhead, smoke a joint and watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGaqA9WfIYQis.
  • Any Thai TV programme.

Their soaps are all the same story and appear on every channel at the same time every night. As the commercial breaks are so long, the missus manages to follow two at once. Any light entertainment programme is full of drums, boings, whistles and stupid noises any time there is supposed to be an amusing bit. Unbearable dross!

I'm so happy that bit torrents exist.
  • [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]If you think Mr Acorah is a knobhead, smoke a joint and watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGaqA9WfIYQis.
    Winners don't do drugs
  • [cite]Posted By: Folev the red[/cite]

Lead balloon was brilliant...
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]If you think Mr Acorah is a knobhead, smoke a joint and watch this.

[url][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGaqA9WfIYQis.[/url][/url][/quote]
    Winners don't do drugs[/quote]

Youre right there...plenty of alcoholics on CL.
  • X Factor
    Strictly come Dancing
    The Apprentice
    All Soaps without exception
  • Sponsored links:

• Any reality shows
    Any celeb "Jungle,dancing" show
    Anything with Jeremy Kyle in it
    Any Psychic show
    Any Soaps
    X Factor type programmes
    and not to forget the biggest turd of them all Big Brother.
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]X Factor
    Celebrities in the jungle
    Anything that has the word 'celebrity' in the title
    Big Brother
    99.9% of reality programmes

same here
  • X-factor
    Strictly come dancing
    I'm a celebrity
    Britain's got talent
    and anything with Katie Price or Peter Andre......and everything with Adrian Chiles in it.
  • As above plus so many other programmes I could spend a day ranting about them. Even programmes I should like I don't, I watched The Trip last night, didn't laugh once in 30 minutes. Coogan has lost the plot and Brydon is happy to tag along.
  • oooh forgot Coach Trip!
  • edited November 2010
    All the scripted playing to the cameras reality shows

So called history programmes called 'hitlers secret nazi phallus weapon'. No, give us some real history.

Music clip shows that ignore black music - yes that's you sky arts and your get up stand up history of pop and protest that only mentioned marley in the title and forgot about paul robson, the staple singers, marvin gaye etc etc etc.
  • X-Factor is just wrong....
    Strictly can bugger off, what a waste of time and Peter Andre and Jordan should never be allowed near a tv ever again, two over hyped attention seeking muppets who think its ok to parade how wonderful they are as parents on tv, its wrong, and as for Natalie whatsername having a show about her becoming a mum, well that just sums up everything that is wrong with British TV at the moment.
    Come back It's a Knockout, all is forgiven!
  • [cite]Posted By: Bangkokaddick[/cite]Any Thai TV programme.

Their soaps are all the same story and appear on every channel at the same time every night. As the commercial breaks are so long, the missus manages to follow two at once. Any light entertainment programme is full of drums, boings, whistles and stupid noises any time there is supposed to be an amusing bit. Unbearable dross!

I'm so happy that bit torrents exist.

At least you've got the option of going to your local bar and watch a monkey get sucked off
  • Anything that involves phone voting, pleas for emails, nastiness to members of the public, deselection. In particular, I detest the current trend for including great long pauses before making announcements; it doesn't add to the suspense, it is just an incredibly boring way of stringing out programmes to make them longer at the same cost.
  • Anything involving celebrities or 'talent' shows. All soap operas.

Other than that, my personal hate is Sex and the city.