Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SIR PHIL

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'm with Jimmy, "Jimmy's red and white army..."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JiMMy 85[/cite]If you let someone build a team, you should stick with them for the duration, not sack them after 10 games and hope someone else can piece something together. If he wasn't the best man for the job when we hired him (and I think he was in relation to our plight) then he was certainly the best man for the job of getting his own, new team playing together.

[cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]I agree with Jimmy.

definitely, and i agree with you both that we should have given dowie more time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    I'll be a slightly younger old git today too then - sums it up prefectly for me, Jimmy.

You're too young and pretty to be an old git, Weegie.

Sorry, you don't qualify.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    I'll be a slightly younger old git today too then - sums it up prefectly for me, Jimmy.

You're too young and pretty to be an old git, Weegie.

Sorry, you don't qualify.

;o)

Flattery will get you everywhere, Oggy ;-))

(Well, when I say everywhere...)
  • Options
    I too was disappointed with the crowd reaction against Brighton. It was over the top. But a 4-0 home defeat is never going to be greeted warmly is it? I guess our drop from the Prem has been so swift that many fans just can't accept we can't to roll teams like Brighton over easily. Although having said that we didn't even when we were in th Prem!

We now have an almost new squad and Parky said that after the Brighton game that they had a meeting and decided to play like the season starts here - forget what's gone before. I reckon as fans we need to do the same. Forget the Prem. Forget the awful relegation from the Championship. We are Division One Charlton and we have no more right to win this league than anyone else. Getting promotion will be really hard work. The management need to earn it, the players need to earn it and so do we fans! COME ON YOU REDS!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Martomoto[/cite]Parky said that after the Brighton game that they had a meeting and decided to play like the season starts here - forget what's gone before.

I reckon as fans we need to do the same.

Absolutely bang on!
  • Options
    Well done Jimmy
    Await the response from the parky-is-inept crowd
    Get your flak jacket out!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    people slated parky because results were not going the way most fans expected me included ,football fans are very fickle people we do our nut when things are shite but we are happy when things go right it is just human nature , people say parky was probably 1 game from the sack?, but i take my hat off to the man because im honest enough to say it i thought the job was to big for him , but some how he has turned it around and has done it in a calm manner it seems things are looking up and long may it continue .

SIR PHIL , lets see in may .
  • Options
    I agree.

Parky came within a whisker of getting us promotion last season. We are now second. Given the meagre resources who could have done better? Let him carry on with no one calling for his head and we should get behind him and the team.
  • Options
    Some people need to wake up and rememebr where we are to be honest.

Every time someone says 'Parkinson out' the question is asked 'Who is available to us that is BETTER and would not want their own squad' and I have not heard a sensible answer yet.

He was hard as nails as a footballer and is exactly the sort of character we need and for whatever reason I still can't work out he got involved with Pardew. He has signed the right sort of players and I am convinced he will get us as far as we have the resource to go.

Henry is right the song should be 'when we win promotion, this is what we sing, we are charlton super charlton Parkinson is king'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Some people need to wake up and rememebr where we are to be honest.

Every time someone says 'Parkinson out' the question is asked 'Who is available to us that is BETTER and would not want their own squad' and I have not heard a sensible answer yet.

He was hard as nails as a footballer and is exactly the sort of character we need and for whatever reason I still can't work out he got involved with Pardew. He has signed the right sort of players and I am convinced he will get us as far as we have the resource to go.

Henry is right the song should be 'when we win promotion, this is what we sing, we are charlton super charlton Parkinson is king'

I presume that Pardew took Parky under his wing when "I Used To Manage West Ham" was the manager at Reading and Parky was his captain there.

They do seem to be very different people and have different management and playing styles.