Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyinsah out for 6 weeks - EDIT back for Bristol Rovers on Tuesday?

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/sport.cfm?id=40390&headline=Charlton%20striker%20Joe%20Anyinsah%20ruled%20out%20for%20six%20weeks

Not surprised but still frustrating. Hopefully he recovers quickly as Reid did.

Chance for Martin to step up, a way for Reid to get back in the team or give Sodje or Abbott a go?

Comments

• Options
    That's devestating news, he's been a breath of fresh air.
  • Options
    Bad news, he's been great for us and really got going with Benno but I suppose Martin showed us what he's all about on Saturday and he's got the task of showing some consistency now. I'm sure he doesn't want to remain a third division footballer after where he's been.

All the best Joe.
  • Options
    Fortunately the games are a bit easier for that period but terrible news all the same. Just hope it isn't any longer!!!!
  • Options
    At least we've seen the team as a whole step up and cope without Reid.

As I mentioned above as long as others are fit we have options, just not like for like replacement.
  • Options
    A BIG loss.

He has been, in many ways, the catalyst of our recent revival.

I just hope we are not talking a "Charlton" 6 weeks and that he does actually return.
  • Options
    It's six weeks not six months, should be looked at as an opportunity for someone else.
  • Options
    As much as this is a blow, we're not a one man team. Time for Martin to deliver consistently, and hopefully Abbott/Akpo can get a goal tonight to get them going.
  • Options
    He's made of Balsa wood
  • Options
    I think Joe puts the fear of god into defences which softens them up which helps the rest of the team. Martin can do that in a different way but he needs to keep on form. Would like to see Sodje get a game tonight - we will probably need him at some stage whilst Joe is out!!!!
  • Options
    Six weeks means its touch and go for the Christmas South Coast double.

But Brighton have lost Lua Lua, so we just have to hope that as others have said, Lee Martin can maintain his form.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He has *not* been ruled out for six weeks. Injury still being assessed.
  • Options
    if joe is out for 6 weeks that is bad news looks a very good aquisition and had settled in well, he also gives us something different up top, he can actually hold the ball up much like burton,he has a good touch and an eye for goal, lets hope sodje dont get a run out now
  • Options
    Chizz is quite correct, CAFC official Twitter has put SLP right on the matter....lazy journos again reading a medical dictionary saw it takes 6 weeks to heal a groin strain and may a story up.
  • Options
    Nothing the magic sponge wont fix!
  • Options
    Hopefully not 6 weeks

But even if it is pretty much every game he's been involved in he hobbles off at some point, normally half time.

Is it just bad luck or is he not looking after himself i.e warming up, maybe not fit enough etc
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Hopefully not 6 weeks

But even if it is pretty much every game he's been involved in he hobbles off at some point, normally half time.

Is it just bad luck or is he not looking after himself i.e warming up, maybe not fit enough etc[/quote]

Not so sure he is not fit enough, he trained like a beast in the summer apparently, think he may just be one of those who picks up strains easily.
  • Options
    As Scooby Doo would say: Rollocks!!

But as said above the games (on paper) are easier.

Also, when Reid got injured others stepped up to the plate. Here is a great chance for Sodje and Abbott to prove what they ARE cabaple of.
  • Options
    Took me 10 weeks to recover from a groin strain last season but there again, i'm 40 years old. His groin may be a symptom of over training in the summer as it's a wear and tear injury really. Lampard was only supposed to be out for a few weeks with his hernia but his is dragging on. I'd say that 6 weeks is the minimum if it's a proper groin strain but all strain type injuries vary in severity. Fingers crossed it's not that bad coz he makes a massive difference.
  • Options
    NOOOO! Anyinsah might be one of the unfittest players i have seen in Charlton red in a while. I mean, does anybody know how many apperances he has, compared with the number of times he has been substitued due to injury? i can understand why Carlise let him go...

He is a great player and been a reason behind our recent success. Please get fit Anyinsah.... we need ur pace and power up top to help Benson!
  • Options
    Carlisle didn't let him go, he wanted to move closer to his family (some in Bristol some London I think)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ah this is bad news indeed. Martin in his place then i suppose.
  • Options
    Release the Akpo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Carlisle didn't let him go, he wanted to move closer to his family (some in Bristol some London I think)

He told carlisle he was not interested in talking about a new contract.

is there not a young female charlton lifer that would like to take the strain off his groin?
  • Options
    A big part of our recovery. A bit of pace and control and strength. Has given Benson space to do his thing and made the kind of runs that give the Rac a target. I hope it's not 12 weeks, followed by a breakdown in a reserve game, then out for the season.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Try Akpo I think for a few games, but Martin is a better finisher.
  • Options
    Firstly - pour journalism at work - As has been said- Joe rejected a new contarct and Carlisle wanted to keep him. It's like we all wanted to get rid of Curbs. Makes my blood boil.

Ok- the injury- calmed down now - must be some oxygen chamber we can lop him in for a few weeks.

P.S.

Martin has to start after Saturday but Sodje has to be above Abbott on the bench. I can't undersatnd why Parky seems oblivious to this. Maybe yesterday helped him see the light.
  • Options
    Meanwhile, Joe Anyinsah is making good progress from the groin injury he suffered at Peterborough, with Parkinson keen to clarify one newspaper report stating the frontman would be out for six weeks.

"The journalist misheard me," explained Parkinson. "When I said a player was out for six weeks, it was actually Chris Solly I was referring to. Joe's coming along fine."
    http://www.cafctv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2225614,00.html

Hopefully back fairly soon then.
  • Options
    Solly's out for another six weeks??

Since the Orient match, for how many games has he been available for selection?

Good news on Anyinsah, hopefully he'll be back soon
  • Options
    That's good news.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Solly's out for another six weeks??

Since the Orient match, for how many games has he been available for selection?

Good news on Anyinsah, hopefully he'll be back soon
    Solly has just had an operation.