Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyinsah out for 6 weeks - EDIT back for Bristol Rovers on Tuesday?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Could be back for Tuesday. Great news.
    The Addicks now face Bristol Rovers on Tuesday night (7.45pm), with Breacker hinting Joe Anyinsah could be in line for a return after missing the last two games with a groin injury.

"Anyinsah has a chance," said Breacker. "It's not a terrible injury. It's a groin problem but he's had some sort of muscle control issues. He's a very strong lad."
  • Options
    Muscle control issues in the groin area,

Too much information. : - )
  • Options
    Really hope Anyinsah is back but seems bizarre that he's ruled out for 6 weeks and then back just over a week later. Not that I'm complaining mind. Wouldn't mind Waggy back too!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Really hope Anyinsah is back but seems bizarre that he's ruled out for 6 weeks and then back just over a week later.

Parky has explained that. He had been referring to Solly and some journalist got it wrong
  • Options
    Saturday looks more likely for Joe after his reply to plaaaayer on twitter:

I joined in training with the lads today and it feels good, so i should be ok for the match on saturday. Sorry for the late reply
  • Options
    Apologies and everything, what a man.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Maybe the bench tomorrow for Joe which is not the worst thing as his pace and power could certainly be an asset late in the game against tired legs, especially if things are not going our way and/or we are under the cosh ie Notts County home. Unsure if Parky would risk him in the cup with his injury record.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Me or Joe, JT? :0)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Me or Joe, JT? :0)[/quote]

No your a brown noser try to get up old joe boys shorts!!
  • Options
    Hope you wasn't expecting a ticket to Rochdale.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd have him as a sub to come on if we're chasing the game. I don't think it's worth risking him tonight otherwise.
  • Options
    Be good if he was available, but no need to rush him back imo. On Saturday, Akpo looked as fit as he has probably ever done in an Addicks shirt. If Joe isn't 100% I'd start Akpo and move Martin out right (if Waggy is still injured) leaving Reidy and Joe to come on as impact subs.

We really do have some good options up top at the moment (when all fit and firing).
  • Options
    100% with you on that call Exiled. I think our team is better for a bit of forwards bullying/physicality call itt what you like. In the absence of Anyinsah, a fit Sodje can provide the closest to that we have. I know Benson is doing well now but I would like to see Ackpo and Joe play together at some point. I thought between them they were unplayable against Notts County and effectively won us the game afte a disapointing performance before they were introduced. Surely the combo requires some further investigation after that cameo.
  • Options
    If Joe has just started back training today and feeling he could be ready for Saturday, it's unlikely he'd be named on the bench tonight.

I thought Akpo played a very good game v Yeovil when he came on - and Yeovil couldn't handle him.
    He made the penalty and deserves his chance.

Akpo up front with Benson and Martin working the right flank would be my pick tonight.
    It keeps the balance in the team.
  • Options
    Despite possibly not being 100% fully fit, I would still start Anyinsah as he usually gets cramp as the game progresses, so I wouldn't want to risk him getting cramp and CAFC left with no subs, see how the first half goes and if he comes off Sodje looked good against Yeovil so Parky could bring him on.