Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lowest FA Cup 'home' crowd since 1987, Lowest Valley FA Cup crowd since 1927

2»

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    picture proof of our proud achievement!?
  • Options
    I was sat in The East & was surprised at the attendance announced. I know you can't judge very well the stand you sit in, but it looked quite crowded to me.

I thought they were gonna announce 7000 odd.

1500 in the West, 400 Barnet & I thought 5000 in The East.

Who was in The West ? If The East holds 6000, how many were there ?
  • Options
    I was there last night and the Walsall game. Think it must have been the coldest game I have ever been at. Things must have been bad at the Walsall game because shortly after this Lennie bought Ralph Milne.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I was sat in The East & was surprised at the attendance announced. I know you can't judge very well the stand you sit in, but it looked quite crowded to me.

I thought they were gonna announce 7000 odd.

1500 in the West, 400 Barnet & I thought 5000 in The East.

Who was in The West ? If The East holds 6000, how many were there ?

I was in the West.

The central blocks of the East had a few in and looked reasonably full but the rest of it was almost empty apart from a little cluster near the Barnet fans. The "chavs" I assume? Very sparse otherwise.

2k tops in the East I reckon probably nearer 1,500.
  • Options
    I was at the 1987 game.

Didn't fancy beind swamped by Chavs on Tuesday night. Sorry Henry, I'll be back at the weekend.

Not only was the 1987 game not as early as the second round, but I doubt we had two games at home in the seven days following in the league.

Having said that it was an 'away' game.

I think 4,800 for a game against forth division opposition, midweek, with two league games coming up is not a bad turn out. Especially with our Cup track record.
  • Options
    As said no floodlights and it was November so would have to have kicked off in daylight so mid- afternoon

In context our average home gate was only 8,710 that season and we drew only 5,383 v the same team in the league.

Had 27,380 for the 1 - 1 draw with Millwall Athletic at home and 25,498 for the away game (we lost that one 5 - 0!) Also got dicked 4 - 0 and 5 - 0 by Palace. McFarlane Out!
  • Options
    Was a disapointing crowd - in fact about the same as JPT first round v Daggers. But we have a lot of games. Two home games coming up and we have also taken about 1,200 to 3 away games in a week. Most people only have certain amount of money and time they can devote to CAFC.
    Luto likely to a bit better as a saturday but again will disapoint.

BTW even in the league we keep getting two home on the trot or 2 away on th trot. This can't help either home gates or travelling support!
  • Options
    Whats the lowest league attendance at The Valley then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: davy[/cite]Whats the lowest league attendance at The Valley then?

We had a couple of gates given as 1,000 in the early 20s but all crowds in those seasons were rounded up/down to the nearest 1000.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2010
    i was at the Halifax game in the70s when the gate was 3,000 and a few. pissing down and Hales scored allthree in a 3 /1 win.