Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Forgotten Saviour - Lennie Lawrence

Comments

• Options
    Forgotten? By whom?
    Not by any Charlton fans who went week-in, week-out to Selhurst, that's for sure.

There's no point naming a stand after him because the Police will insist on using compass references. Rather than that, we should name brew our own beer and call it 'Lennie Lager.'
  • Options
    I think its not that he is forgotten, more like he never got recognised for what he did......

amazing considering what was going on at the time........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]He'll never be forgotten by me.

I'm thinking of starting a campaign to name the East Stand Upper Tier, "Sir Lennie's Four Rows"

What about naming the hospitality boxes after players and past managers! Lennie Lawrences box!!!!!! Chris Powells Box!!!
  • Options
    Definitely a Charlton legend. I do feel that naming stands after past hero`s is a bit questionable. We could have Jimmy Seed, Lennie Lawrence and Curbs all having stands and perhaps all well deserved but what happens to the club hero`s coming along in the next 100 years.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Definitely a Charlton legend. I do feel that naming stands after past hero`s is a bit questionable. We could have Jimmy Seed, Lennie Lawrence and Curbs all having stands and perhaps all well deserved but what happens to the club hero`s coming along in the next 100 years.

Naming stands after people doesn't work IMO.
    'Bartrams' for the bar at The Valley was on the other hand, more like it, because people actually refer to it as 'Bartrams'. Stands are easier to call simply 'East', 'West' etc.
    Another idea is using old players' or managers' names for products / brands e.g. we named a clothing range 'Red Red' which was quite uninventive and uninteresting. Melrose's Merchandise would have been much better ;-
  • Options
    Hales Ales ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Hales Ales ?

Brilliant. That's more like it. Why not?

Or for children's toys:

'Flanigan's Shenanigans'
  • Options
    Reids speed?
  • Options
    Shirtliffs shirts??
  • Options
    Gritts gritt??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    kinsellas umbrellas....

ill get my coat...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Reids speed?

lol. Not sure we could sell that at the club shop.

How about Powell's Paracetamol?' Golfie would buy that up I reckon.
    We could have some black and some white and call them Chris and Colin tablets. Does this idea make me racist somehow? You have to be careful these days, especially with Henry around ;-
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]kinsellas umbrellas....

ill get my coat...

That's brilliant. lol.
  • Options
    Costa's coffee.....

probabaly some legal issues there....
  • Options
    Weavers Cardigans......Henry ?
  • Options
    Tyedman's ties!
  • Options
    Fishs` fish
  • Options
    A bit of Lennie's spirit and never say die attitude certainly would not go amiss with todays team,we may not have had glamourous names but we had payers that were prepared to crap blood for the team, Lennie's sides were rarely out fought by anyone.Today however we have... strikers who can't strike, defenders who can't defend and a one man midfield...
  • Options
    Hunts ---------- no better not
  • Options
    Milnes mugs...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pringles crisps
  • Options
    Fortune's cookies
  • Options
    Varneys sarnies'
  • Options
    Peakies Rockets....Hmmm never catch on that one....
  • Options
    Bouazzer's howitzer (well, against Reading, anyway)
  • Options
    Get Lennie back, he would sort this lot out at least whenhe managed the team he knew what he was doing.
  • Options
    Berrys balls-ups
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Saw/spoke to Lennie last night in Plymouth having a cheeky pint

Really top bloke
  • Options
    I think he was a better manager than Curbs.
    Everything he did was away from The Valley, with 3,000 crowds.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southwestaddick[/cite]Saw/spoke to Lennie last night in Plymouth have a cheeky pint

Really top bloke

did he have anything to say on Charlton ?