Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I know we won but.......

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]The management and players may think they have turned a corner, but I see few signs in terms of moving up and down as a unit that we have “gelled”. Let’s hope four very winnable league games before Xmas produce 12 points.
    We've gone from 14th to 2nd in that period. Think that's a decent sign.
  • Options
    I think those saying we need to get some perspective (things arent that good!) need to follow their own advice.

There is no pleasing some people and I'm gonna tell the prat that sits behind me that tonight too - I've had enough of this sort of relentless negativity.

I could understand it after the Brighton game but for pity's sake the manager and team have responded very well to the criticism. Now it's time to FULLY get behind our team, manager and every substitute that warms up down the touch line including Llera, Abbott (and any other figure-of-blame)!!
  • Options
    I think what HG is saying is that we still have a tendency to play like Charlton Athletic rather than, say, Barcelona. Thank god we're in League One rather than La Liga, or we'd really be in trouble!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]

While applauding 8 games unbeaten that’s only two good showings, both away & playing mainly on the break.

You mean only 2 superlative performances?

Of course they are the exception. In this League, teams give you a hard physical battle - they don't let you play champagne football and they don't just lay down and roll over.

And the reason we are 8 games unbeaten is because we've had to battle - and effort and team spirit that's earned that 8 game unbeaten run.