Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Bristol Rovers 23.11.10 Pre-match views, news and poll

2»

Comments

• Options
    I feel that all the games we have had recently might catch up with us. I fancy a 1-1 or 2-2 draw, but I hope I'm wrong!
  • Options
    Looking forward to a 2-0 victory. And if someone could me get an electric blanket or hot water bottle for seat Z78 in the NW I would be very grateful. Hate evening games when it is cold
  • Options
    As usual Ben, a very concise and thoughtful analysis of our present situation. My team V Bristol would be: Elliott, Francis, Fortune, Doherty, Fry ... Wagstaff, Semedo, Racon, Jackson ... Martin, Benson .. if Waggy is not fit, then Martin on the right and either Anyinsah or Sodje in attack. Any negative thoughts about 'missing Chris Dailly' must be dispelled straight away. the team is playing with enough confidence and more and more of the team are now standing up to be counted: Semedo, Racon, Fry, Wagstaff, Benson, Doherty, in fact all of the side are now playing now with panache and assurance

I get to very few games as I now live in the wilds of North Lincolnshire but the pleasure I get from occassionally watching, reading about and following my team is immense . The performance at Peterborough was superb especially from Lee Martin, the most skillful striker I've seen in the red shirt since Clive Mendonca was in his pomp. 5-1 was a flattering score but simply showed the importance of taking all the available goal scoring chances. The emergence of John Jackson and Therry Racon as goal scoring midfielders has immeasurably strengthened our promotion prospects. I fully expect us to go into the Christmas programme on top of the table and to get at least seven points from the Seagulls, Saints and Glasshousemen fixtures.

Bristol Rovers are a good but very inconsistent side as recent results against Brighton and Leyton Orient indicate and they were so unlucky in the recent cracking televised game at Swindon. I'd be more than happy with a scrappy 1-0 win tonight .. but who wouldn't be?. Equally if we stuff them 5-0, that would not surprise me either
  • Options
    Draw or a narrow victory - still not totally convinced by us unfortunately. Would be more optimistic if Anyinsah was playing but would expect him to be on bench at most and only brought on near the end if really needed.
  • Options
    Seems odd there is no news on waggy.
  • Options
    I know Grant isn't with us anymore but let's give Blizzard some appropriate stick nonetheless. I'm going for a reapeat of last years 4-2 despite Keith Peacock once telling me/us/heard somewhere that you are unlikely to win three consecutive games at home (three games, all at home, one after the other that is).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: redman[/cite]Seems odd there is no news on waggy.
    There is. The OS said he was ill but is now fine.
  • Options
    Same as Saturday, will make hard work of it again, let's hope we nick the points again. Hope to see Anyinsah back in the starting line up - I like Martin but I thought Benson looked a lesser player without Anyinsah alongside him.

An early goal would be very helpful, a supportive crowd inspiring their team rather than getting on its back would be good as well.
  • Options
    llera to score first us to win 2-1
  • Options
    Don't think Blizzard will play but Trollope wil get the stick instead for defending him. A lot of deserved stick IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've always been worried before every single game, whoever the opponent.
    However, I'll go for a 1-0 win.
    But I'm worried.