Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luton ...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Who was it that said Peterborough were dangerous?
  • Options
    I have the unfortunate pleasure of working with two millwall knuckle dragging twats. Both on bans and are both out on Saturday looking to say hello to luton with their chums
  • Options
    Luton's squad ain't that bad, we are going to have to play some decent football.
  • Options
    Hi Charltonlife. Looking forward to the game on Saturday - we should bring 2,000 - 3-000 thousand, would probably be more except we have Wimbledon away on Tuesday so money is stretched. We are a decent team, the top three in the conference are pretty good and would probably hold their own League Two, all three are better than Oxford and Stevenage who went up last year and all three are all into round two of the FA Cup. We have a couple of players cup tied but have a pretty deep squad so not a problem.
    You should beat us by a couple of goals but then who knows.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eartheart[/cite]Hi Charltonlife. Looking forward to the game on Saturday - we should bring 2,000 - 3-000 thousand, would probably be more except we have Wimbledon away on Tuesday so money is stretched. We are a decent team, the top three in the conference are pretty good and would probably hold their own League Two, all three are better than Oxford and Stevenage who went up last year and all three are all into round two of the FA Cup. We have a couple of players cup tied but have a pretty deep squad so not a problem.
    You should beat us by a couple of goals but then who knows.

Charlton in the Cup normally spells disaster whatever year or team we have so i would be surprised if we beat you by two.
  • Options
    Len I wouldn't worry mate, I doubt most of those pubescent kids make it much past Watford if at all that far. I went last year to Luton and whilst I didn't feel threatened, it was just a truly pikey experience. Went to watch Luton v Oxford, with an Oxford mate. We left before finish when Luton hit a straight from corner winner, and then got kettled for twenty minutes in the crappy road on the back of their away stand. When the police incompetently broke up their own kettling line because they were too incompetent to walk backwards and wheel around on a 70 degree angle, there was nothing of any real threat...... and if you know Luton there's plenty of places to cause trouble if they want to. At Kenilworth Road any aggro is part down to their young demographic, but mainly too a god awful main stand which Bedford police seem to manage as if they're Serbs policing the disintegration of Kosovo.

I've never felt threatened at Luton, it's more of a getting on the school bus kind of atmosphere if you were the sole adult on there. It's nothing like the grown men of say Burnley when they get annoyed, that used to be a common sight I can remember into the 90's. More like the pikey's of Gillingham in the 80's. Saw Luton v Chesterfield about 7-8 years ago and was sat in the main stand next to what I think was a family enclosure. A dad throughout virtually all the time on Campbell-Ryce was on the pitch, constantly swore at him called him a cunt and a premiership ponce innevitably the son followed suit. At the time I was just disgusted, wish I'd have said something. Didn't even really rate Campbell-Ryce, just thought it was disgusting to treat another person like that. Don't remember Luton like that in the 90's just seemed to have got worse with their general decline.

I could be wrong but doubt the kids'll got out of dodge.
  • Options
    7 (seven) -2 to us
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]We've got bog roll anyway, won't come near us

Come and gave a go if you think you're soft enough???
  • Options
    2,100 tickets sold by Luton so far apparently.
  • Options
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Because of their record with them, they hate Millwall even more than we do.
    They'll be noisy and passionate but I'm sure they won't cause us any trouble.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm disapointed some of you are thinking about not coming to this!
    I know if we were in League 1 playing a Conference team not many of our fans would turn up, but our support far outweighs that of any other Conference club and away support will be more than alot of league 1 clubs this year. It promises to be a good noisy atmosphere in our end and hopefully you'll have more than the Barnet game to produce a good one in your stands too!
    In terms of supposed 'trouble' I highly doubt any of this will happen, although games like this do tend to bring out the ugly in our club, we went down with 3000 to Southampton last year and apart from at the end when 50 odd of our 'fans' and 50 odd Southampton 'fans' were seperated by police, we were well behaved with no trouble, just loud support!

On the pitch as much as i'd love an upset, I expect your class to show, not without a fight and hopefully some scares from us!

All i'm saying is please turn up and support your lads, and lets have a cracking cup atmosphere!
  • Options
    Good luck against the Hatters..only because we'd probably draw them in the 3rd round (and lose!) if you guys got beaten.

Luton seem to be pretty attacking with lots of striking options but I think you should have too much...
  • Options
    Prob be 8000 attendance on saturday.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Is Semedo likely to be fit? If not who will be captain with Daily banned? Maybe Doherty or Racon?
  • Options
    Mad Hatter Saturday will be the fourth home game in less than two weeks and whilst two of those games (Luton and barnet) have been priced reasonably it all adds up and will affect the game. Not sure too many people will worry about your fans we have had these scares before, most of the crowd won't be aware not everybody follows the internet and we were suppossed to be torn apart by Millwall last season but we still had a decent crowd. the real dampner on the crowd is our record of cup failure and the number of home games recently. It'll be well better than Barnet (less than 5,000) but probably IMO just hitting five figures.

[cite]Posted By: conza-cafc[/cite]Is Semedo likely to be fit? If not who will be captain with Daily banned? Maybe Doherty or Racon?

Who finished off with the arm band on Tuesday? Saw Semedo pass it to racon, did he keep it? That would be a good motivation move.