Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I'd rather watch Charlton away

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]
    Someone who clearly goes to Millwall more often than he should be.

Your fairweather support is common knowledge, doesn't need to be witnessed.
  • Options
    we do our best in the East, but on some days it can really be a struggle to get the stand going!
    The main problem is that the best stand in the Valley acoustically is the South stand! Someone please put some foam / cardboard in the roof of the South stand and shut them up!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: puuurcy[/cite]we do our best in the East, but on some days it can really be a struggle to get the stand going!
    The main problem is that the best stand in the Valley acoustically is the South stand! Someone please put some foam / cardboard in the roof of the South stand and shut them up!

There's no South Stand at the Valley
  • Options
    Isn't it called the Jimmy South Stand or something .....?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Isn't it called the Jimmy South Stand or something .....?

That's it.
  • Options
    Surely then there's no North Stand, just the Covered End?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: puuurcy[/cite]Surely then there's no North Stand, just the Covered End?

You're right.

And there's no Jimmy South Stand either ..... that's the Uncovered End or the Open End Behind The Goal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: puuurcy[/cite]Surely then there's no North Stand, just the Covered End?

Covered End and Jimmy Seed Stand.
  • Options
    I've not had a season ticket for a couple of seasons now, but am at most home games. Thing is, I don't know where to sit anymore, and figured, maybe I need to dedicate more time to away games. Not because of the silence - that's now something I've become used to. It's the whining.

"You've f*****g lost it Parky," "Oh Dailly you fat ****," "F*** off Reid and make a run," "You're s*** Charlton," and finally, "This is pathetic, you pathetic bunch of useless c****," are the top five most memorable quotes from the North Lower, Block C, Rows J/K/L on Saturday.

I'm pretty sure, at 2-2, the booing was about to kick in as I could hear rumblings. Then Dailly got sent off, and the crowd turned their ire (unfairly, I might add) at the referee. An I realised - it's not resentment of Charlton for our current position, or anger at the peformance - these are people who just need to vent their anger, no matter where it originated.

Being at The Valley is now the least fun place I can think of to watch a football match. I genuinely detest many of our fans for their attitude and blatant stupidity. To see those people quoted above high-fiving at the end of the game made me shake with anger. They didn't have the right to celebrate. In my eyes, they didn't have the right to be there.

It cost me £75 to take my girlfriend to her first Charlton game (and as a regular Spurs attendee, it says a lot that she was shocked by our criticism of our own team). It takes 8 hours of my day, door-to-door to attend. I park miles away and walk up hills in the freezing cold, and drive around the M25 in pitch black darkness. When I get home, im too tired to go out and my stomach hurts from the almost-too-tasy hot dog I get from outside the ground.

But none of this ever puts me off going. Our fans, on the other hand...

I know I go on about it on this forum a lot, but it ain't getting any better. So I probably will until it does!! Sorry!
  • Options
    "Being at The Valley is now the least fun place I can think of to watch a football match. I genuinely detest many of our fans for their attitude and blatant stupidity."

Can't agree more, and it's such a shame :-(