Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs. Luton - FA Cup 2nd Round - Preview, Poll, Views and News

2»

Comments

• Options
    Think we'll be too strong for them and go into the 3rd round.
  • Options
    If we start Anyinsah and Sodje with Waggy and Reid out wide it does look like we have goals in us. Change just one of the strikers with Abbot and it becomes less so! Does anybody else feel that instinctively?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    2-0 a good show by the replacements and into the next round.
  • Options
    Hoping for a good game and a win, however just to reiterate comments above, charlton and cup comps don't exactly go hand in hand, with all th suspensions/cup tied/injuries there's going to be a lot of changes can see this goin 1 of 2 ways, draw or luton win, if a replay could b another cup game dailys suspended for rather than a league match?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
  • Options
    edited November 2010
  • Options
    As much as we need to get out of this crap league, Luton are also desperate to get out of their crappier league. They also have as much interest as
    we have to get some revenue from the Cup so this game is particularly unpredictable.
    An unwanted 1-1 draw for me.
  • Options
    Gone for a win but this is a game that concerns me, mainly due to our home performances and the volume of Luton's support !

Agree with Adrian that its an unpredictable looking tie, and most definately NO REPLAY PLEASE !
  • Options
    Wow! a bunch of fans more negative than ours.

You should win, but you appear to think we're a potential banananana skin. win or lose I hope there is a result on the day. Our squad isn't massive and the cup just distracts us from climbing out of the non-league toilet.

Knowing our luck we'll probably draw 2-2, and lose on penalties in the replay.
  • Options
    2-2 may be a good shout, going to penalties in the second tie would probably be about right.. but us winning on penalties. Quite rare. but who knows.

I just hope the best team on the day wins, if we don't deserve it, then so be it if we lose it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Appears to be a lot of trepidation ahead of this, and wholly justified in my opinion.

We are historically rubbish against lower league / non-league sides when we play with our full strength team, so the fact we are going to be severely weakened does nothing to increase confidence.

Key thing will be can we score goals ? If yes then we should be fine.

Personally i think we will look disjointed and as a result, uncreative. Crawly drew with Swindon last night, so don't on the day think there will be much between the sides.

Going for a frustrating 0-0
  • Options
    I hear the pitch is frozen.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]I hear the pitch is frozen.

Please don't try winding people up.

The game is on, no pitch inspection
  • Options
    Really? Thanks AFKA...I've got to leave in about half an hour (and it's frozen solid over here in West London).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

When did i mention the game being off? Im more worried about the problems it could cause when the game does kick-off. Will be looking at a more tactical game with no big tackles coming in.
  • Options
    1-1. Luton are 11-2 with Corals. Will be having some of that.
  • Options
    Charlton Maidstone 1-1
    Charlton Dagenham 1-1
    Charlton Luton 3000 away fans going to be a hard fought game and back to Bedfordshire in ten days time.1-1 for me.
  • Options
    4-1 Charlton, bit of optimism for a bit of balance:-)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]

When did i mention the game being off? Im more worried about the problems it could cause when the game does kick-off. Will be looking at a more tactical game with no big tackles coming in.
    What's the weather like up there? I'm on the Sussex coast and it's snowing heavily. Was going to drive up to the match but not going to in this weather.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]

What's the weather like up there? I'm on the Sussex coat and it's snowing heavily. Was going to drive up to the match but not going to in this weather.

Very chilly with ice and frost covering south east london. The covers have been on the valley since Thursday, still a very hard pitch though. Expecting light snow but nothing that should jepordise the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There was a frost this morning, but this has now gone. It's cloudy and very cold, but fine. Don't know where CafcAndy found his ice. Perhaps in his drink :-)

Game on without a doubt.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite][quoteVery chilly with ice and frost covering south east london.

Er, not really.

I live five minutes from the ground and there was no ice on the roads or pavements, and not a very hard frost either - no problems in this area for people needing to travel to get here.
  • Options
    Indeed it has melted now, got some great pictures around the ground this morning.
    The pitch is still very hard though, should make for a high scoring game in these conditions.
  • Options
    Just started snowing wher i live in Darrenth, it's making it's way up i tell ya! Flasks and water-bottles at the ready!
  • Options
    I've gone for a home win despite the "Northwich Victoria memories".
  • Options
    We ought to win this one and I think we will, no matter what team we put out, but probably by the odd goal
  • Options
    An accomplished 4-2
  • Options
    2-0
  • Options
    Any team news yet, anyone?