Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luton Replay - Live on ESPN Thursday 9th December

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Not ideal to play Thursday then Saturday though.

Actually, its bloody ridiculous.

playing Thursday, Saturday, then Tuesday - absolute joke. Can see silly points being dropped at home to Walsall, especially if Luton goes to extra time. Why they can't televise it on Tuesday is beyond me.

I am additionally bitter as I'll be in mid-air on Thursday evening so can't even watch it on the box.
  • Moan.
  • oh bugger. shit night.
  • does this mean the bromley addicks thing is back on?
  • Is this the first time we've ever played on a Thursday?
  • Anyone know why Steip can't play in the FA cup seeing as Plymouth are out of it?

Dailly will miss the Luton game so he will be able to play Walsall/Brentford. Llera/Fortune and Doherty between them should manage 3 games. Martin will be fresh for the league game.

It's people like Racon, Francis,Wagstaff who will suffer more from the 3 games in 6 days as we don't have back up for them who are eligible for the cups.
  • Can't go now - seeing Parky at NWK Addicks that night.
  • edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Talal[/cite]can you pay for a one off game on ESPN or do you have to subscribe properly?

can subscribe at £9 a month then cancel after a month.
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Anyone know why Steip can't play in the FA cup seeing as Plymouth are out of it?

played in a previous round. Played in the JPT as well. What a ridiculous loan signing ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: WelshAddick[/cite]27k for round 2 winners
    72k for live round 2 tv game

If those numbers are correct and we were at home, the £72k for TV would be offset by c5,000 ticket sales and that assumes it's £72k for each team. Very fine balance there as to which option would make more money.

In this instance we benefit as it's away but it will wipe out what little support we would have taken up there.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Talal[/cite]can you pay for a one off game on ESPN or do you have to subscribe properly?

can subscribe at £9 a month then cancel after a month.

I'd be careful with that.

My cousin tried to cancel and they told him he needed to put it in an email and would have to pay another 2 months.
  • Sponsored links:

• thanks think i'll do that then, been reading around looks like you have to cancel the next day after you order as they need a month's notice.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]Is this the first time we've ever played on a Thursday?[/quote]

Was Boro in the cup not a thursday?
  • [cite]Posted By: Talal[/cite]thanks think i'll do that then, been reading around looks like you have to cancel the next day after you order as they need a month's notice.

thanks for that !! Will have to check this out properly with Sky.
  • [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]Is this the first time we've ever played on a Thursday?

Was Boro in the cup not a thursday?

Yes it was I think
  • Bugger!
  • From the OS:

The scheduling of the second-round replay could result in a change to the date of the league clash with the Saddlers, which is currently scheduled for 48 hours later. Discussions regarding the issues are currently taking place, and the club will publicise any changes to the fixture schedule as soon as possible.
  • Boro repay was a Wednesday

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/4891500.stm
  • Don't know what to make of this, happy with the money to the club and on a personal note that I can now go as I won't be working that evening but it makes our inability to close out the game on Saturday look even more silly now when we could be playing 3 games in 6 days. Don't think there's much hope of the game being moved to a Sunday to be honest.
  • Only get a live broadcast fee of £36k per club for 2nd rd replays.

Question-has any league team ever been knocked out of the FA Cup in successive seasons by non-league teams...with both televised live?

Please not us.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Boro repay was a Wednesday

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/4891500.stm

Original was a Thursday
  • Sponsored links:

• play the Walsall game on Tuesday 21st December.
  • To be fair I don't think Walsall are going to be agreeing to doing us any favours, they need every point they can get and more!
  • [cite]Posted By: Macronate[/cite]Only get a live broadcast fee of £36k per club for 2nd rd replays.

Only ?? 36k we havn't got.
  • Xmas party that night.

Oh well, no one here likes me anyway !

Will miss the free booze though :-(
  • does that mean i can go to the pub/bartrams to watch it?
  • Only ?? 36k we havn't got

I meant in the context of 2nd rd proper games where the fee is £72k not the fact we haven't got a pot to piss in.
  • plenty of pubs with ESPN and Thursday is an excellent drinking night....out all afternoon on xmas lunch so is potentially very messy.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Xmas party that night.

Oh well, no one here likes me anyway !

Will miss the free booze though :-(

When you say here, I take it you mean CL!
  • That as well ! I would say i'm a legend in my own living room, but i don't think even the missus likes me any more either !
  • So the JPT game - what channel is that on? Do we need to subscribe to some other nondescript channel for that one or is it on regular Sky?

This could get messy - and confusing.

I can see me missing both games, recording Gardeners World and some other crap and we lose both games

Plus - if we move the Walsall game to a midweek that means that one and Carlisle are midweek games. Fixture congestion already.......god help us if there is 0.03mm of snow this coming winter as we'll still be playing in August at this rate