Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luton Replay - Live on ESPN Thursday 9th December

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]That as well ! I would say i'm a legend in my own living room, but i don't think even the missus likes me any more either !

welcome to my world

:)
  • Options
    On tele so much this season. Swindon game coming up too.
  • Options
    On a bit of a sesh that day.

What pubs in the city show ESPN then?
  • Options
    Bugger. The 9th is my girlfriend's birthday.

"I've got a surprise for you, love..."
  • Options
    At this rate I might even be able to recognise some of the players if they passed me on the sidewalk!
  • Options
    So Luton get £36,00 tv bonus and then want to raise the already agreed ticket price by £2(or 20%). I will now watch in pub.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oldbloke[/cite]So Luton get £36,00 tv bonus

I'm sure they'll get more than 36 quid .......!
  • Options
    Of course, it's on a Thursday.

Everyone knows we must play our EUFA Europa League games on a Thursday.
  • Options
    I knew i had ESPN for some reason ;-)
  • Options
    Don't see what all the fuss is about, if you are not going to the game and have no subscription for ESPN then there is a last resort to watch it for free, as there will be a fair few PC streams available on the night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Walsall is very likely to be moved to the Sunday. The Young Addicks Christmas Party will then have to be rearranged.

Regarding the TV revenue, we will get about a fiver net for every adult spectator at Luton, so the coverage would have to deter 7,200 adults - or, say, 10,000 adults and concessions - from attending before CAFC would be worse off. In practice, I doubt if there will be many empty seats in home areas, given that it's such a small ground in the first place.
  • Options
    What time will the Walsall game be on the Sunday then?

Guess the league game is vital so pleased the players may have the extra 24 hours.
  • Options
    7am k.o
  • Options
    Made arrangements for that Sunday, scrap that idea airman!
  • Options
    Games moved for TV, games on a Sunday...

Its like being in the prem all over again !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Walsall is very likely to be moved to the Sunday. The Young Addicks Christmas Party will then have to be rearranged.

Regarding the TV revenue, we will get about a fiver net for every adult spectator at Luton, so the coverage would have to deter 7,200 adults - or, say, 10,000 adults and concessions - from attending before CAFC would be worse off. In practice, I doubt if there will be many empty seats in home areas, given that it's such a small ground in the first place.

The Walsall attendance is also likely to be adversely affected although probably not to the extent of Airman's figures in that the 8k or so season ticket holders will count even if not there. The "walk-up" figures probably won't be great given that it is a Sunday and (no disrespect) Walsall is not the most attractive opposition.

If memory serves me right Walsall only brought 300 or so on a Saturday last year so are unlikely to bring anymore and probably less on a Sunday.

I reckon the attendance could be less than 10k for this one. Certainly the "real" attendance anyway.
  • Options
    Joe's got a London cup game against Long Lane that day so just down the road Happy Days
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Joe's got a London cup game against Long Lane that day so just down the road Happy Days

long lane are playing at avery hill park this season while their pitches are relaid. (unless he is on the astro).
  • Options
    Not sure why Charlton agreed to this TV switch to Thursday. You'll lose your away support and you are crammed for matches. In contrast we only have Welling in the FA trophy and then nothing for a week. Very good deal for Luton I'd say.
  • Options
    With a bit of 'luck' Welling will be out of business and you'll be laughing. Moneywise it will not make a difference that CAFC will lose their away support, but it would definitely help to spur on the team in which will be a very difficult game. The times I've been to Kenilworth Rd the atmosphere has been electric.

Hopefully they will be able to switch the Walsall game. A game against Spurs, promotion and a trip to Wembley to play for in 6 days time will be too much...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE7Rob[/cite]With a bit of 'luck' Welling will be out of business ...

I certainly hope not!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: SE7Rob[/cite]Hopefully they will be able to switch the Walsall game. A game against Spurs, promotion and a trip to Wembley to play for in 6 days time will be too much[/quote]

Agreed, of course league should be the focus but I, for one, am extremely excited by the prospect of games at Wembley and White Hart Lane. Move Walsall game to 2011.
  • Options
    adds **going to see squeeze** to oohaahs book of poor away turn out excuses.
  • Options
    Really want to go to this but am worried about ET and Pens and missing trains etc. Will have to give it a think.
  • Options
    We could always call the Wallsall game off for bad weather when their fans are already half way here!
  • Options
    Love it, KHA !!

May I suggest a solution, roseandcrown ?

Phone home.
  • Options
    With the JPT Brentford match the Tuesday after it only makes sense to move Walsall match to January/February 2011. I presume Walsall will have a say in this though and If I was them, I'd insist on the Saturday! 3 games in 6 days is too much though so common sense should prevail.
  • Options
    Tickets still not arrived from Luton, was hoping to pick them up today :-(
  • Options
    I am happy about it...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]I am happy about it...

bet you never expected to see us play Luton on tv!