Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POLL: Sports Personality of the Year

Comments

• Options
    Phil the power deserves it!
    Swanny 2nd
    dont really know 3rd maybe Ennis
  • Options
    Don't follow racing, but A P McKoy is way out in front for me in possibly a less exciting year.
  • Options
    McCoy for his services to Jump Racing and Crisps.
  • Options
    Gotta be the Power.
  • Options
    Taylor deserves it ... been on top of the game for so long.
  • Options
    http://www.sportdistort.com/2010/11/29/sport-distort-alternative-personality-of-the-year-nominations-announced/
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Cav's now seeing the delighful young Peta, 23

I wonder if Tom Daley has a girlfriend as nice as Peta ........
  • Options
    if you want to go on "Personality" then it has to be Graeme Swann.

But I hope AP gets it, he's been phenomenal in a sport where you are moments away from death or a career ending injury, either way he'll be carrying the scars for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    I voted for AP but think that Taylor will probably get the popular vote in the absence of any footballers
  • Options
    Will be close..the 2 golfers probably get a split vote and I am not sure how many people who vote see Darts as a "sport" (even tough Taylor has done so well over a long career)

AP McCoy has been winning for years but ofcourse this yeae was his first Grand Nation whivh might sway people.

If England had looked like winning the Ashes this weekend I think Swann would have been in with a chance.

As for the others..done well but for various reasons won't get a look in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mccoy is irish maybe the international award.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]mccoy is irish maybe the international award.
    Northern Ireland not part of the UK then?
  • Options
    thought he was southern irish learn something every day
  • Options
    Barry McGuigan was born in Ulster, however he wasn't born in non iron and he won it.
  • Options
    What a fantastic reception for David Beckham. Well deserved.

I hope Alan Green was watching.
  • Options
    It will be a travesty if g mac doesn't win it. On pure achievement he wins by a mile. He wont be the housewifes choice and they're the only people that vote so it will probably go to ennis. Why did walcott present an award by the way?
  • Options
    McCoy won..had the most public press I think which helped and has had a very successful career.
  • Options
    Funny how McCoy and Taylor came in 1st and 2nd and have both been at the top of their games for well over 10 years.

Pleased for both but especially The Power. He was as pleased as Punch!
  • Options
    so is he from Northern or Southern Ireland ?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]so is he from Northern or Southern Ireland ?

He is from Ulster, always flies the tricolour when he wins a big race.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]so is he from Northern or Southern Ireland ?[/quote]

Norn Iron.

Born in Moneyglass, County Antrim.
  • Options
    I thought Amy Williams deserved to get it ,-)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I thought Amy Williams deserved to get it ,-)

Deserved? With the title of Personality of the year it is really diffilcult to find anyone these days. I'm sorry I do not even know who Amy Williams is.

It should be called Sports Achiever of The Year, that's what people vote for.

The Power is certainly the biggest personality, followed by Swan. Westwood has had a great year as has McDowell but neither have the personality of a Faldo or Ballesteros.....or even Monty!

I'm a big NH fan and am pleased that McCoy has finally been recognised but just because he won the Grand National he certainly didn't have his best season. As for personality.....well he's just a professional and has never really let or needed his personality come out.

The whole show is a joke. Used to be really good as Sports Review of the Year on a Wednesday night in November, a one off replacement for Sportsnight in those days. No shortlist, no phone vote just a coupon in the Radio Times. Not so many awards and not half as much arse licking.

The whole big event thing fom the NEC with thousands there has ruined it all IMO, just like they have with Question of Sport.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I thought Amy Williams deserved to get it ,-)

Deserved? With the title of Personality of the year it is really diffilcult to find anyone these days. I'm sorry I do not even know who Amy Williams is.

WHOOOOOOOOOSH... she'd 'get it'
  • Options
    Was there a James Corden moment this year.

Only saw the end. thought Becks was amazing, talk about the kid who made good, his speech pressed all the buttons, ending with the dedication of his award to the troops.
  • Options
    James Corden ruins that show.
  • Options
    McCoy won by 200k votes.

Was quite tight for 3-5th.

Ennis - 62,953
    Westwood - 58,640
    McDowell - 52,108
  • Options
    1. Tony McCoy 293,152 (41.98%)
    2. Phil Taylor 72,095 (10.33)
    3. Jessica Ennis 62,953 (9.02)
    4. Lee Westwood 58,640 (8.4)
    5. Graeme McDowell 52,108 (7.46)
    6. Tom Daley 50,763 (7.27%)
    7. Mark Cavendish 44,170 (6.33)
    8. Amy Williams 43,056 (6.17)
    9. Graeme Swann 13,767 (1.97)
    10. David Haye 7,538 (1.08)
  • Options
    Well deserved for AP McCoy, Taylor looked genuinely pleased to finish 2nd

...and Beckham is a class act, well deserved.
  • Options
    Personality = •a person of considerable prominence; "she is a Hollywood personality" " he is is sporting personality"

It does not mean they have to be Mr or Mrs Rip Roaring Laugh A Minute.
    Who cares if a sportsperson is dull - it is their achievements that count.