Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

wise v parky, you decide

2»

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Thanks jarman, ignore him, everyone else does.[/quote]

Looks like I touched a nerve...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I'm not bothered as long as I watch some decent football. No person is bigger than the club.

this
  • Options
    Mother Teresa every time.

Can she manage a football team too, does anyone know?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I'm not bothered as long as I watch some decent football. No person is bigger than the club.[/quote]

this[/quote]

Experience suggests though that Wise will sign players not necessarily suitable for the club/style of play, and most likely these players will be represented by his cronies, in the process this will put the club backward and then he'll disappear off for another lucrative pay day somewhere else when it all goes pear shaped leaving someone else to clear up the mess. If he had any credentials as a manager then it might be a slightly different story - other than taking Millwall to the FA Cup Final what has he achieved as a manager?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I'm not bothered as long as I watch some decent football. No person is bigger than the club.

this

Experience suggests though that Wise will sign players not necessarily suitable for the club/style of play, and most likely these players will be represented by his cronies, in the process this will put the club backward and then he'll disappear off for another lucrative pay day somewhere else when it all goes pear shaped leaving someone else to clear up the mess. If he had any credentials as a manager then it might be a slightly different story - other than taking Millwall to the FA Cup Final what has he achieved as a manager?

Hate all this "Wise took us to the cup final" rubbish.

The teams we played on route to the final we would've been generally expected to beat, got an amazing draw. There was no giant killings. I felt the team he "built" was dire. Buys in his old mates, a la Jody Morris, and not the greatest man manager. His main influence was on the pitch, he made a difference. Off the pitch he seemed to piss a few players off.

When the time come to lead us in a final he went defensive and played his own game v Scholes and made his son the mascot for the game.

Very pleased we're rid of him & his mate Wilkins. Comparing him to Jackett they are poles apart.
  • Options
    Jack Branning for me too.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Don't think it is going to arise.

The most legendary Charlton commentator of all time (aka my fellow KCCC member Peter 'Sccoop' Burrowes) told me at a cricket luncheon two weeks ago that from what he's heard Jiminez is involved in the takeover, but Wise isn't - or at least the little twerp will not be taking a major role.

I didn't post this at the time because there were far too many self-important idiots on here already, claiming to know more than they could say. And when I quizzed Pete it was clear he hadn't got it first-hand from a primary source like PV himself, so he could be wrong about Jiminez, who might not be part of it at all.

But even if he is, as so many people on here have been saying Wise is their ''breaking point'', I thought I'd cheer a few folks up by reporting the conversation , which basically said that even if we get Jiminez, it doesn't necessarily mean we get Dennis Misnomer,too.
  • Options
    Parky!
  • Options
    PARKY
  • Options
    Parky.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Parky
  • Options
    Parky's red and white army.
  • Options
    Not a stupid question at all, but I'm with BFR on Wise.

But I dont think its going to happen. The jungle drums aren't beating that sound.
  • Options
    Neither Wise or Parkinson

Wise had the back up of Gus Poyet, who has shown some real management ability. Wise showed really poor judgement in his involvement at Newcastle. Is he proven as a manager on his own ? Parkinson lacks tactical and strategic ability, in set up of teams and responding to events on the pitch.

Curbs or someone else.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: vff[/cite] Parkinson lacks tactical and strategic ability, in set up of teams and responding to events on the pitch.

Okay wise guy, tell me how he managed to get Colchester promoted with such critical flaws in his makeup? ;-)
  • Options
    There are many mysterious things in football, Capello's tacitcal ineptness and cluelessness as England manager, Dowie getting Palace promoted to the premiership, how Pardew manages to land one job after another, Sven Goran Erricsson, Sepp Blater at Fifa, Fifa itself, A world cup in Qatar in high summer, Steve Claridge as charasmatic, knowledgeable football expert.....(so many mysterious things that a thread on the subject could even rival the CL takeover discussion thread)

How did Parkinson manage it ? I'll hazard a guess...... a reasonable group of players (including goal scorers), a poor division and sheer blind luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Vff that is the qualification for all managers surely. How many teamed got promoted with a poor team and bad Lucks. As for poor division you can only beat what's there. Curbs was only recognised as having tactical nous from the play off final before then he was just another workman like tier two manager
  • Options
    Parky took over as Colchester manager in the 02/03 season and won promotion in 05/06 (wiki also says they had the lowest average attendance in the division at the time).

He put that squad together. Iwelumo was their main goalscorer, a Parky signing (and wasnt a proven goalscorer back then). Others who scored 5-10 were also Parky signings. Only Halford wasn't, he came through their youth team.

He left for Hull but obviously built a good squad as the next season they finished 10th in the Championship.

Of course he has weaknesses but no manager having had over two years to change the squad later wins automatic promotion over 46 games through luck.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: vff[/cite]

How did Parkinson manage it ? I'll hazard a guess...... a reasonable group of players (including goal scorers), a poor division and sheer blind luck.

So it doesn't really matter who we have as manager then does it? ;-)
  • Options
    That's a point six a bag, it is a good idea. The club could pick a random season ticket holder or a group of season ticket holders from each stand to pick the team each week, on a rotating basis, from the North upper and lower, east and west stands. The coaching staff could produce a briefing on injuries, form etc. The stand keeps management until we lose two in a row.

Tactically in the course of a game, it may not make that much difference. No compensation payments and any booing would be against the fans themselves so less pressure on the club. Job done !