Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valley boss still unaware who new owners are

edited December 2010 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/8752173.Valley_boss_still_unaware_who_new_owners_are/

Comments

• Options
    pff. just another thing he doesn't know much about.
  • Options
    Er so its been done then??

"CHARLTON manager Phil Parkinson claims he is still in the dark as to who the new owners of the club are. "

Aside from that small fact, is this the best ever kept secret...? I
  • Options
    Roll on friday!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Er so its been done then??

"CHARLTON manager Phil Parkinson claims he is still in the dark as to who the new owners of the club are. "

think its probably more to do with the way the article has been written.

News Shopper, should it read:

"CHARLTON manager Phil Parkinson claims he is still in the dark as to who the potential new owners of the club are. "
  • Options
    atleast it is indicating that it is still on
  • Options
    Well my source tells me........................

Sweet FA.
  • Options
    Possibly. It is of course still 'potential' but I've heard nothing to indicate the deal isn't still scheduled to go through on Xmas Eve so I'll leave it for now.
  • Options
    “If it happens this week, we look forward to meeting them and speaking to them about severance payments”
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite][url]http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/8752173.Valley_boss_still_unaware_who_new_owners_are/[/url][/quote]

Shouldn't you be bugging their telephones and hacking into their voice mail? You'll never get a gig at News International this way.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds

Shouldn't you be bugging their telephones and hacking into their voice mail? You'll never get a gig at News International this way.[/quote]

Not sure I would want one!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]“If it happens this week, we look forward to meeting them and speaking to them about severance payments”

Agreed, I wouldn't worry too much about their identity if I were Parky, it'll be almost certain they'll want their own man in asap. Going to be an interesting week or two coming up!
  • Options
    Strange that Parky claims he hasn't been told - he should be in the loop.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]“If it happens this week, we look forward to meeting them and speaking to them about severance payments”

Agreed, I wouldn't worry too much about their identity if I were Parky, it'll be almost certain they'll want their own man in asap. Going to be an interesting week or two coming up!
    You don't know who they are; but you do know what they want?

;-)
  • Options

what makes you think that BA?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

what makes you think that BA?

Experience. When was the last time someone bought a club without changing the manager shortly afterwards? Mau U are perhaps the exception that proves the rule IMO and we ain't talking about Sir Alex here.
  • Options
    When was the last time someone bought a club without changing the manager shortly afterwards? Mau U are perhaps the exception that proves the rule IMO and we ain't talking about Sir Alex here.

Liverpool - two changes of ownership in the last few years, neither manager was sacked.
    Chelsea - Ranieri lasted a season.
    Aston Villa - MoN left of his own volition a couple of years or more after the takeover.

True Big Sam left Blackburn a couple of weeks after the Indian poultry buyout, but that seems to be an isolated example. If I were buying Cjarlton I'd want stability and that means keeping Parky in place for the time being.
  • Options
    Cjarlton this indicates they'll be Nordic!
  • Options

"CHARLTON manager Phil Parkinson claims he is still in the dark as to how to successfully manage a football club"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]True Big Sam left Blackburn a couple of weeks after the Indian poultry buyout, but that seems to be an isolated example.

Really? I think that Zola, Hughes, et al might disagree with you on that.

Not saying they'd be right or wrong to sack him, just that I would be surprised if Parky sees the rest of the season out unless we're running away with things.
  • Options
    either Parky is lying and he does know, or if he doesn't then I fear for his position - given how close the supposed takeover is (allegedly).

I can't believe he has no idea at all, especially if they were planning on keeping him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

"are" is past tense...meaning the deal has gone through!
  • Options
    I find it very hard to believe that Parky has been left completely in the dark. If he really has, that has to be an ominous sign with regards to his future. If the new owners were 100% sure that they wanted Parky to continue, they would have everything to gain and nothing to lose by getting that message to Parky and into the public domain ASAP.
    Why allow unsettling speculation to circle around Parky if his job is not in any danger?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]True Big Sam left Blackburn a couple of weeks after the Indian poultry buyout, but that seems to be an isolated example.

Not saying they'd be right or wrong to sack him, just that I would be surprised if Parky sees the rest of the season out unless we're running away with things.

Hughes got about 16 months and over £100m on players

Zola got until the end of the season, so around 4 months.

Queensland makes a good point.
  • Options
    What do we expect Parky to say publically ?

I suspect he does know something as Murray has praised him previously , even saying that in terms of integrity he is the best Charlton Manager he has dealt with . He knows there would be nothing to be gained by admitting this at a Press Conference.

My own view has not changed since the start of this season . If Parky cannot get us up this season then we should review things at the end of his contract and consider change . Lets wait until then .
  • Options

You asked when the last time a club was bought and the manager wasn't sacked, I gave you a few examples off the top of my head where it hasn't happened, not an exhaustive list and reading a bit more a bout Allardyce it seems that he would still be in a job now if he agreed to buy the players that Kentaro have identified are worth acquiring.

I am surprised that Parky claims he hasn't been informed, we're in mid-season, the transfer window is about to open and there are two players in Anyinsah and Fortune who have short-term contracts about to expire. Those contracts either need renewing or the players are going to walk away. Plus there a couple of others in Semedo and Racon who are first team regulars and who presumably have agents looking to start talks either with the club or get a new deal lined up for next year. If they are asking Parky questions about their contracts and if he's telling them he doesn't know who the owners are, whether he'll still have a job in a week or what's on the table then it undermines his standing.

I suspect Parky's claims to be ignorant about the new owners should be taken with a pinch of salt, a useful white lie to throw the newshound off the scent.
  • Options
    As I have pointed out already, Anyinsah confirmed himself that his deal is until the end of the season!

Anyway, I think this is just Parky saying it to the press to get them off his back, as he's been constantly asked who they are in the past 2 weeks.

It's the same as when managers are asked about players, they completely deny it and then 2 or 3 days later they sell/buy the very player they were asked about!
  • Options
    I'm sure he doesnt know and why should he until the deal is complete?

It will not be kept this quiet by telling all the staff. I will be very surprised if more than three or four people know who the ultimate owners are.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]I'm sure he doesnt know and why should he until the deal is complete?

It will not be kept this quiet by telling all the staff. I will be very surprised if more than three or four people know who the ultimate owners are.

Best way IMO as well, if they want secrecy then it should be kept why jepordise the future of the club just because people are inpatient.

I think in all seriousness we should all just await the news and pray it goes through,

Muzza and co have done the best they can for us and if they think its time to move along then lets all just roll with it.

Players and coaching staff are not normally the most reliable in terms of keeping integrity.

most people know someone who knows someone and it always gets out.

How many posts on here have said i know someone who knows the broker,the banker, etc

i cant wait its better than xmas imo
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]As I have pointed out already, Anyinsah confirmed himself that his deal is until the end of the season!

Anyway, I think this is just Parky saying it to the press to get them off his back, as he's been constantly asked who they are in the past 2 weeks.

It's the same as when managers are asked about players, they completely deny it and then 2 or 3 days later they sell/buy the very player they were asked about![/quote]

Ok, I didn't know that Anyinsah is under contract all season. That still leaves Jon Fortune though.
  • Options
    I would imagine Parky has been given two scenarios to plan for the transfer window. 1 with the budget we have (not much I imagine); 2 With a larger budget (how large we don't know) if the takeover goes through. So I would think that though he doesn't need to know who it is he would need to have an idea of the sort of money they are willing to invest in the January window.