Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valley boss still unaware who new owners are

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Strange that Parky claims he hasn't been told - he should be in the loop.

not really, he is, after all, just an employee. Why is ownership anything to do with him? Once they become owners the owners they will sit down and discuss the management of the team in the same way as they wil sit down with Kav to discuss the management of the company. Until then it is a matter for the directors only, and even then, only really Murray.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Full Metal Addick[/cite]"are" is past tense...meaning the deal has gone through!

No that's the present tense i.e. now.
  • Options
    "CHARLTON manager Phil Parkinson claims he is still in the dark as to who the new owners of the c

meaning the Newsshopper doesn't believe him
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Full Metal Addick[/cite]"are" is past tense...meaning the deal has gone through!

No that's the present tense i.e. now.

"Are" is "Now", agreed. However, I am talking about yesterday's "are" rather than today's "are" :)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Strange that Parky claims he hasn't been told - he should be in the loop.

That's what I was thinking. If they intend to keep him until the end of the season, it would have been good man management to bring him into the loop.

The uncertainty over his future cannot be helping him prepare the team for the nine point haul we would like from Soton, Brighton and Colchester over the next week. So it would be daft to leave him hanging in limbo like that if the intention is to keep him.

Unless he does know, but is dissembling. He plays the 'honest Phil' role very well. But I can think of at least two instances where Parky has shown himself to be a lot more cunning and devious than his popular image suggests!
  • Options
    If he's cunning and devious, then he's not going to blab to the papers, because the prospective owners would get sick of him very quickly.

If he's honest and loyal, he would not blab to the papers.

If he doesn't know, he will not blab to the papers.

In what scenario would Parky want to blab to the papers?
  • Options
    There is no way that any new owner is going to sack Phil Parkinson. We're in a play off spot and the next three games could well prove to be vital to the whole season; will it be success or failure?. If we don't go up, and I think that is unlikely, then that will be the time to consider the future of the manager and playing staff.
  • Options
    What are the millwall fans going to say about us trainspotters getting all upperty about vernacular?

"are" is past tense...meaning the deal has gone through![/quote]
    No that's the present tense i.e. now.[/quote]
    "Are" is "Now", agreed. However, I am talking about yesterday's "are" rather than today's "are" :)"

We really must insist that Liam and his news Shopper hounds use the correct grammar.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Lincsaddick[/cite]There is no way that any new owner is going to sack Phil Parkinson.

Really? Bold words. Unless you have spoken to them (which I rather doubt), you have no more idea than any of the rest of us what they intend to do. I would suggest we just wait and see....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DRF[/cite]

not really, he is, after all, just an employee. Why is ownership anything to do with him? Once they become owners the owners they will sit down and discuss the management of the team in the same way as they wil sit down with Kav to discuss the management of the company. Until then it is a matter for the directors only, and even then, only really Murray.
    Completely agree. From the owner's point of view there's no positive to Parky knowing and no reason why he needs to. What would happen if Parky decided, for any reason, that he didn't like the idea of the new owner - would RM have to call the deal off? These things are need-to-know and most employees don't need to know.