Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Help Wanted Clearing Snow at The Valley

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Robbo on the wing[/cite]I suppose asking some of the squad to help (as a form of excercise) would have been too much to ask?

Probably couldn't risk picking up some random injury.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Robbo on the wing[/cite]I suppose asking some of the squad to help (as a form of excercise) would have been too much to ask?

No harm in getting the apprentices/youth team out there though
  • Options
    http://www.itv.com/london/charlton-athletic02616/

for the people who didnt see it
  • Options
    well done you guys.. will be nice to give you a lot a round of applause on the day
  • Options
    Whoever wrote this needs a punch in the face. What an absolute arsehole.

"This is truly incredible, I suppose it only goes to show that there truly is one born every minute.

Yesterday, a number of supporters were exploited by the club in order to save Richard Murray a few quid. Not for the first time, he's already had 'money for nothing' off quite a few of us, as ex-shareholders, not to mention money for old rope in the form of early ST sales with offers he's never had to honour.

Now we have fulsome praise being heaped upon the club for this - 'a big well done' to Paddy Powell - for doing his job, which he is presumably quite well paid for. Whilst the volunteers were 'thankful for allowing us to come in and have a fans snow patrol to clear the zone and also for providing the pie and chips in Bartrams, free tea and coffee all day and a free ticket to the game'. How doublethink is this? The ticket is largely irrelevant (you'll have noticed that they aren't exactly short of space) because anyone prepared to do this was almost certainly a ST holder, so in effect that's a pie and chips plus a few cups of coffee - retail price maybe around £10, actual cost more like £3. Even with a ticket then that's less than £25 for all day - presumably at last 6 hours work, or put another way, well below minimum wage. Had the club called in stewards to do this instead, they would have incurred a cost of at least £40 per person(compared to effectively zero, anyone coming to the game on sunday will undoubtedly spend at least £3), and they would have been contributing to the economy at a difficult time. I guess that's just something that a banking background doesn't encourage.

The club got volunteers to clear "stairs next to the East Stand (Jimmy Seed End) were just a sheet of ice". Lucky then, that none of these UNINSURED workers was injured. Meanwhile, club employee and MD was able to be interviewed by Charlton TV. Nice for him. I'd comment on what he said, but the club wants me to pay for that. Well, I guess we are all in this together.

PS,the BBC is now predicting -4 on Christmas night for SE7. "
  • Options
    ^^^ Wow! I agree Off_it, a propa asshole indeed! We all went down there becuase we wanted to help, I hate some people that make the club look bad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]^^^ Wow! I agree Off_it, a propa asshole indeed! We all went down there becuase we wanted to help, I hate some people that make the club look bad.

Same person probably mugged off those who turned up with the pre-season clean up this year - and those who turned up for the back to The Valley clean up. Probably whilst sitting on their fat arse waiting for someone else to do everything for them. Poisonous vermin.
  • Options
    Not sure who Jon Akers is, but I'm probably not the only one who thinks that maybe his vitriol is fuelled by his loss of shares. He is entitled to his opinion, but I think he missed the point or perhaps doesn't understand the spirit of volunteering. We all show support in different ways, I've done this sort of thing for the club before, and I'll no doubt do it again.... And I don't expect anything in return.... I did it because I wanted to, and I don't feel at the least bit exploited.
  • Options
    I have lost shares, and I understand the negativity that springs from that. I also went yesterday (as did you TEL...I know who you are too!) and didn't feel exploited because I went expecting nothing at all...in fact I went because I want footie on boxing day....as selfishly simple as that. Each supports in their own way...oh and the free Mercedes from the new multibillionaire owner was a suprise bonus!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    :-) enjoy!!!!!
  • Options
    I don't understand why people have the hump with the share thing ,
    We bought into a company that wasn't worth what we paid and the shares became worthless and our 0.00000000001% of voting rights are worthless too when it comes to decision making
  • Options
    I don't understand why people have the hump with the share thing ,
    We bought into a company that wasn't worth what we paid and the shares became worthless and our 0.00000000001% of voting rights are worthless too when it comes to decision making
  • Options
    The shares made me feel a part of things, no shares and I am just a 'customer'. Had i been left with one token share I would feel better.
  • Options
    Was the effort worth it ?
    Is the game still On ?