Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pitch inspection at 11.30 (ed. GAME OFF)

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]One example is that d'Urso, in his little 'Why I Did It' speech points to the temperature having been at - 5 and supposedly worse than the day before. That having been the case, I would have expected him, as a professional, to have therefore taken the decision to contact the club to suggest a much earlier inspection.

it's no excuse anyway. If it was minus 5 at the Valley then it was at Craven Cottage and Loftus Road too.
  • Options
    Probably forgotten by now, but for what it's worth, we wrote to the FA detailing our concerns over the actions of d'Urso. Here is what the FA wrote in response, in a letter that we received today.

Thank you for your letter.
    Can (sic) we start by offering our sympathies for the inconvenience caused to you by the late cancellation of the match. (no question mark)
    Clearly, it is always preferable if an earlier decision can be made about a postponenment if it is absolutely clear that the game is unlikely to go ahead.
    In this case it seems clear that the match official deemed it unplayable at a late stage, and felt that areas of the pitch were unsafe.
    Whilst I appreciate this may not alleviate your concerns, I trust this clarifies the position on this issue.
    Please rest assured that your points have been noted, and we thank you again for taking the time and trouble to write.
    Thank you again for getting in touch.

Tracey Bates
    Customer Relations

There's exciting!
  • Options
    Pretty standard Customer Relations "spin". Only surprised that the phrase "move on" doesn't appear anywhere.
  • Options
    Amazing that somebody with such a poor grasp of the use of English is entrusted with responding to complaints.

[cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]In this case it seems clear that the match official deemed it unplayable at a late stage
    "It seems clear ....." Did she verify the fact or not?
    She would need to access the referee's report - it does give the impression that she didn't bother.

[cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Please rest assured that your points have been noted
    Yep, filed in the waste paper bin, no doubt.

It would be interesting to see StillAddicted's original letter - and compare which points have actually been responded to.
  • Options
    Actually Mr D'Urso did us an enormous favour.

Sandwiched between the two abysmal home performances v Walsall and Swindon, if the Boxing Day game had gone ahead with Parkinson at the helm, three points to Southampton would have been the probable outcome.

When the game is rearranged in March or April, hopefully we will be in the middle of a promotion winning run under a new manager and can secure a result we had minimal chance of getting on Boxing Day.