Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Slater.....What do we know ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I can tell you bits and bobs about TJ - he is an acquaintance of a pal of mine.

He is from Swanley area, in his late 40's, and now lives in Chelsfield very near to an ex-Chelsea player.
    Son of a Spanish speaking father, his bilingual skills came to prominence when he was a security guy at Chelsea Training Ground.
    He rose to the challenge of translator and middleman for the highly paid foreign recruits at CFC and hence the start of his longterm friendship with DW.

He has a decent relationship with Curbs and PV through his work as a sort of agent / go-between, and he may even have done some stuff for CAFC behind the scenes during our Premiership years.

He is a well-liked guy, even though he may look a bit intimidating in some pics.

From what i'm told, he is not the sort of guy to be buying a football club for himself, so I would watch this space.
  • Options
    Real money or not? We will soon find out.
  • Options
    my sentiments exactly
  • Options
    Cheers VPhil, interesting to hear a bit of background.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]he reminds me of christopher dean[/quote]

Good call!
  • Options
    JT lives in Chelsfield as a neighbour of Gus Poyet who rents the house from Denis Wise
  • Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Slater_(general)
  • Options
    Didn't I read it was Nigel Slater who is the new chairman?

Must have a recipe for success or he's toast.
  • Options
    Gus Poyet's son is a Charlton youth, and attends Eltham College (as did Zolas daughter in the sixth form).
  • Options
    You sure MS doesn't live in Albert Square ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mauricio Tarrico (ex spurs & current Brighton coach) also lives in the Bromley Borough
  • Options
    Just watched the interview on CAFC player, he is a Man City fan.
  • Options
    Geezers looked like he was wearing someone elses clothes - nothing seemed to fit properly.

(PS. I know a lot about fashion)
  • Options
    According to the interview on CAFCPlayer he's only seen Charlton play once and a few times on telly. I thought that was weird to buy a massive football club without getting a proper feel for the place. Strange to me anyway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Just watched the interview on CAFC player, he is a Man City fan.

Not really surprising, as Slater was born and grew up in Manchester.
  • Options
    Conspiracy theory number 6973:

Charlton's "secret investor" has "connections" with the owners of Manchester City.

(What d'you mean it's bleedin' obvious and people have been saying that for weeks .....?)

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Zinedine Bagheri[/cite]According to the interview on CAFCPlayer he's only seen Charlton play once and a few times on telly.

Someone told him he could buy Chorlton, near Manchester. So he jumped at the chance.

We've all made mistakes. This is Slater's.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Zinedine Bagheri[/cite]According to the interview on CAFCPlayer he's only seen Charlton play once and a few times on telly.

Someone told him he could buyChorlton, near Manchester. So he jumped at the chance.

We've all made mistakes. This is Slater's.

;o)

Slater is Porkpie FACT!
  • Options
    anyone got any pictures of jiminez seen slater on box today.
  • Options
    Rose trust

Can anyone discover anything about the Rose Trust in Geneva? I can only find this and it's close to Luceene, not Geneva. This company makes some kind of sense as it does due diligence stuff amongst other things.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They are based in Zug - the cheapest corporate taxes in Switzerland and also one of the most secretive. A lot of big Western corporations are registered there, makes sense I suppose to be where there is money.
  • Options
    This really does seem like an old boys club thing going on here. I posted on one of the numerous threads that jiminez has an involvement in les bourdes golf report in france. This is a seriously exclusive resort and a multi million pound operation. Cant remember what jim's involvement is but he's a director or something like that. If you want to find out our new owners, you may want to establish the owners of les bourdes.
  • Options
    Are we minted or not ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]This really does seem like an old boys club thing going on here. I posted on one of the numerous threads that jiminez has an involvement in les bourdes golf report in france. This is a seriously exclusive resort and a multi million pound operation. Cant remember what jim's involvement is but he's a director or something like that. If you want to find out our new owners, you may want to establish the owners of les bourdes.

Is that where you met him SS? Is that where he persuaded you to front the deal?

By the way, many congratulations on being appointed Chairman - it must be a dream come true for you.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]This really does seem like an old boys club thing going on here. I posted on one of the numerous threads that jiminez has an involvement in les bourdes golf report in france. This is a seriously exclusive resort and a multi million pound operation. Cant remember what jim's involvement is but he's a director or something like that. If you want to find out our new owners, you may want to establish the owners of les bourdes.[/quote]

Is that where you met him SS? Is that where he persuaded you to front the deal?

By the way, many congratulations on being appointed Chairman - it must be a dream come true for you.[/quote]
    Thank you sir. I look forward to being invited to the next city addicks q and a.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Are we minted or not ?
    No. HTH.
  • Options
    Increasing years have pushed him into the goalie position in his 5-a-side team, but they are currently top of the league.
  • Options
    He looks like James Dreyfus from Gimme Gimme Gimme